Derby

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Derby

Post by Berkshire Blue »

We lead 0 - 1 at half time.
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Derby

Post by meakinsl »

If it stays like that as predicted by a few we will be a couple of wins from the play-offs, frustrating as always especially given how many recent draws
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Who'd have thought it. 1-0 up and it ends 1-1!
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

No better no worse. Shows how close to play offs we were.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

It sounds like the team put in a shift today and played quite well. I listened to some of the game on the radio and they said we were the better side at times. Just a pity they didn't do it more often when it mattered we might have got somewhere. As I didn't see it I have to rely on other people's account of the game and most say we done alright.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Just got back after a very enjoyable away day
We could have easily been a couple down early on our 2 young centre backs were being bullied by the scummer but once we started using Lane out wide we deserved our goal and but for a couple of good saves by their keeper we could and should have added more
The second half was pretty much backs to the wall with them eventually having 5 strikers on the pitch so them equalizing was not unexpected
But all in all a good performance and we yet again out sung them
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:46 pm Just got back after a very enjoyable away day
We could have easily been a couple down early on our 2 young centre backs were being bullied by the scummer but once we started using Lane out wide we deserved our goal and but for a couple of good saves by their keeper we could and should have added more
The second half was pretty much backs to the wall with them eventually having 5 strikers on the pitch so them equalizing was not unexpected
But all in all a good performance and we yet again out sung them
Thanks for the BFTG, always really appreciated and sounds like a good day out!
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

A few thoughts from me on yesterday's game rather than a formal back from the game.

1. Rafferty, he does all the basics right, effortlessly every time this gives him time on the ball. His reading of the game and how he positions himself are impressive.

2. In a similar vein Barnard is mobile, on a few occasions he nipped infront of his man and won the ball and started a move off.

3. Paddy Lane had an encouraging game. I think with a full preseason under his belt he will be a real asset to the team.

4. We played well, but didn't create masses of clear cut chances but that isn't anything we don't already know. This is where we need to improve the most.

5. Jacobs we make he has ability - but he just doesn't dominate games granted derby are a tougher prospect than many others in the league but he doesn't do it against them either.

6. Piggott he's not the creative lynchpin we need if we are serious about promotion, good to have in the squad but I think the wages can be better spent elsewhere.

I think we need to keep Raggs or Robertson. Probably not both. If we can keep Barnard or replace him with someone of a similar fashion.

We need some pace, and some creativity to go with the existing spine of a fairly solid looking play off capable team. If we want to get promoted games like yesterday are the ones we need to be turning into wins.

It was a good atmosphere at times, I was surprised Derby didn't go all out for it given they could have sealed the play offs. I know they threw me on but it wasn't like the Alamo.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:19 am I know they threw me on but it wasn't like the Alamo.
Were you one of their subs then? And were you really at the Alamo? Amazing!! :lol:
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

eltorrro wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:09 am
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:19 am I know they threw me on but it wasn't like the Alamo.
Were you one of their subs then? And were you really at the Alamo? Amazing!! :lol:
That should say threw men on! That will teach me to try and do a back from the game while out walking!
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

eltorrro wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:09 am
:lol: :lol:
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Extended highlights.
Super Matt Macey in goal...