TV Sport

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

TV Sport

Post by New Forester »

I had most bases covered by subscribing to Sky Sports, Amazon Prime and the BT Sport app from Plusnet. From 5 July Plusnet are no longer offering the BT App which used to cost me £10 monthly. There’s no way I will now pay £29.99 for BT Sport. Amazon Prime are offering it for £8.99 if you have a BT ID. I don’t have that. Once upon a time Sky Sorts had a virtual monopoly are sort not on mainstream TV. Completion has now substantially increased the cost of following all the major sports on TV.
Any tips on the best deals around to cover most major sports?
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Re: TV Sport

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I have used my VPN connection to watch most of Pompey`s matches this year when it was a saturday match, it did cost ten euros a match. Regarding Sky I have just removed the sport, since Pompey are rarely featured and I was not really watching any other games. I think I can purchase the match individually when Pompey do feature. I have Amazon Prime and a BT ID, so I am not sure yet what I am going to do next season. All will become clearer as the season approaches
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

I thought you could add BT sports to your Sky Sports package for £9.99 extra
But that’s based on the past as I just use day passes on Now tv for anything I’m wanting to watch
It’s ridiculous that Plusnet will not do it as they are 100% owned by BT
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

What's a day pass set you back now? I feel I've only seen 3 games in the last two months so that might be a better option for me moving forwards.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:34 am What's a day pass set you back now? I feel I've only seen 3 games in the last two months so that might be a better option for me moving forwards.
Just gone up to £11.98
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Wows. Long gone are the days of 6.99 on prem plus lol. I think at that price it’s about the break even point for when I watch sports. Frustrating.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Is it any wonder people pay for the hooky services run by the group who got jailed recently? I think even iFollow's too much at £10. Streaming was always going to be the future and not just in sport, but as usual it's got out of hand price wise.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

NSRailings wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:45 pm Is it any wonder people pay for the hooky services run by the group who got jailed recently? I think even iFollow's too much at £10. Streaming was always going to be the future and not just in sport, but as usual it's got out of hand price wise.
Still got mine :thumb
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

NSRailings wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:45 pm Is it any wonder people pay for the hooky services run by the group who got jailed recently? I think even iFollow's too much at £10. Streaming was always going to be the future and not just in sport, but as usual it's got out of hand price wise.
Individually I don't think the price of steaming services is too bad, it's the fact that content has become so distributed.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

New Forester wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:54 am I had most bases covered by subscribing to Sky Sports, Amazon Prime and the BT Sport app from Plusnet. From 5 July Plusnet are no longer offering the BT App which used to cost me £10 monthly. There’s no way I will now pay £29.99 for BT Sport. Amazon Prime are offering it for £8.99 if you have a BT ID. I don’t have that. Once upon a time Sky Sorts had a virtual monopoly are sort not on mainstream TV. Completion has now substantially increased the cost of following all the major sports on TV.
Any tips on the best deals around to cover most major sports?
I went with NOW TV £21 per month special deal for 6 months get all of SHY Sports, and also have BT Sports plus Amazon Prime which is useful for next day deliveries.With BT Sport you also get Eurosport I still subscribe to an American Streaming service which means you can watch UK tv from abroad.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson