Ronan Curtis

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Ronan Curtis

Post by NSRailings »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:36 pm I think its best for both Ronan and Pompey that he finds another club that he is comfortable playing for and is willing to pay him what he thinks he is worth.

If he no longer feels that he can compete for the first team starting eleven at Pompey and/or he feels like the club have taken advantage of his injury by offering him a wage he apparently does not feel is sufficient to meet his family's purposes - then I cannot see how he would be a happy member of the squad. Better to help him regain his fitness, thank him for his services and let him go his own road to further his career.

Equally, I suspect that Mousinho and Pompey want to move on from Ronan Curtis. I accept that he has many Pompey fans who are strong supporters of his but I don't think that a succession of Pompey managers (Jackett, Cowley and now Mousinho) are convinced that he has the quality necessary to play consistently as a first team regular in a side with ambitions to achieve promotion from L1 and then consolidating in the Championship.

There was a time when clubs from the Championship looked at Ronan Curtis but they all chose to not invest/bid to acquire his talents. That alone says that the view of the football talent assessors out there is that he is probably a mid L1 talent. He would have presumably been available for transfer in the January window at a big discount price and still no-one came in for him with a bid.
I think that's pretty much spot on and there are bound to be things we're not aware of.

It's probably a come and get statement to other clubs. But I'd be p****d off with him if I was the club.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

NSRailings wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:03 pm
Jack_Tinn wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:36 pm I think its best for both Ronan and Pompey that he finds another club that he is comfortable playing for and is willing to pay him what he thinks he is worth.

If he no longer feels that he can compete for the first team starting eleven at Pompey and/or he feels like the club have taken advantage of his injury by offering him a wage he apparently does not feel is sufficient to meet his family's purposes - then I cannot see how he would be a happy member of the squad. Better to help him regain his fitness, thank him for his services and let him go his own road to further his career.

Equally, I suspect that Mousinho and Pompey want to move on from Ronan Curtis. I accept that he has many Pompey fans who are strong supporters of his but I don't think that a succession of Pompey managers (Jackett, Cowley and now Mousinho) are convinced that he has the quality necessary to play consistently as a first team regular in a side with ambitions to achieve promotion from L1 and then consolidating in the Championship.

There was a time when clubs from the Championship looked at Ronan Curtis but they all chose to not invest/bid to acquire his talents. That alone says that the view of the football talent assessors out there is that he is probably a mid L1 talent. He would have presumably been available for transfer in the January window at a big discount price and still no-one came in for him with a bid.
I think that's pretty much spot on and there are bound to be things we're not aware of.

It's probably a come and get statement to other clubs. But I'd be p****d off with him if I was the club.
I’d be pissed off with the club if they said you got injured playing for us so take a massive pay cut while you recover
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

How do we know they wouldn’t have offered him less money anyway when his contract expires. We don’t.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

It's obvious Mousinho wants rid but is being somewhat sympathetic and has offered at reduced terms. You can't blame him really, Curtis is not one of his and to be honest he's not that brilliant, can be really petulant and sometimes a liability. Maybe we already have a more than suitable replacement?

We all know there is no room for sentimentality in football.

Let him go out into the wide world and reap what he can. 8)
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:20 pm
NSRailings wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:03 pm

I’d be pissed off with the club if they said you got injured playing for us so take a massive pay cut while you recover
Are you Ronan's mum?

He's being looked after till her recovers, he's been offered a contract despite being injured - I can't imagine he's going to have any other offers until he's proved his fitness.

You would implode if we offered a player from another club with his current injury