Number 9

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Number 9

Post by jam tomorrow »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:26 am
jam tomorrow wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:19 am
Portchesterblue2 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:17 am
jam tomorrow wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:14 am
Portchesterblue2 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:04 am
jam tomorrow wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:57 am PB You have basically confirmed in this statement that you don’t think we are good enough. Basically shot down your argument and I quote
“ All I see is people saying the club have signed 9 carp players on contracts that mean in the extremely unlikey event we get promoted we are stuck with 9 carp players who will be no good to us,” I think our case rest M’ Lord
how is me saying that all i see is other people saying these things me saying I dont think we are good enough ?? I am lost with that logic I am afraid Jam
That statement confirms you dont think the players are good enough that we have brought in ie not good enough for promotion so basically crap players
nope still lost as to that statement says I dont think they are good enough.

The statement says "all I see is people saying" as in others are saying these things not me, I have not said I think this in any way in that statement

and at no point have I said I think we are good enough, all i have said is give the players a chance to actually kick a ball before you write them off
that mean in the extremely unlikey event we get promoted
which is part of the whole sentence, ALL I SEE IS people saying the club have signed 9 carp players on contracts that mean in the extremely unlikey event we get promoted we are stuck with 9 carp players who will be no good to us,

you cant take half a statement and make it something else Jam, where did you think the all i see stopped any my opinion started??
Apologies I may have mis interperated but it seemed you were saying those words I think I should state my case here as far as signings are concerned I think we have signed good players in Whyte and Scully the other players the Jury is out on them
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:47 am
Portchesterblue2 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:26 am
jam tomorrow wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:19 am
Portchesterblue2 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:17 am
jam tomorrow wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:14 am
Portchesterblue2 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:04 am
jam tomorrow wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:57 am PB You have basically confirmed in this statement that you don’t think we are good enough. Basically shot down your argument and I quote
“ All I see is people saying the club have signed 9 carp players on contracts that mean in the extremely unlikey event we get promoted we are stuck with 9 carp players who will be no good to us,” I think our case rest M’ Lord
how is me saying that all i see is other people saying these things me saying I dont think we are good enough ?? I am lost with that logic I am afraid Jam
That statement confirms you dont think the players are good enough that we have brought in ie not good enough for promotion so basically crap players
nope still lost as to that statement says I dont think they are good enough.

The statement says "all I see is people saying" as in others are saying these things not me, I have not said I think this in any way in that statement

and at no point have I said I think we are good enough, all i have said is give the players a chance to actually kick a ball before you write them off
that mean in the extremely unlikey event we get promoted
which is part of the whole sentence, ALL I SEE IS people saying the club have signed 9 carp players on contracts that mean in the extremely unlikey event we get promoted we are stuck with 9 carp players who will be no good to us,

you cant take half a statement and make it something else Jam, where did you think the all i see stopped any my opinion started??
Apologies I may have mis interperated but it seemed you were saying those words I think I should state my case here as far as signings are concerned I think we have signed good players in Whyte and Scully the other players the Jury is out on them
apology not needed but accepted Jam
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:10 am
Blue Walter wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:42 am
Portchesterblue2 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:25 am
Blue Walter wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:47 am
Portchesterblue2 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:03 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:23 pm
Portchesterblue2 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:53 pm imagine if we went and paid £500 to buy someone out the army and stuck them up front, the board would be shot for that wouldnt they, I mean the stats and record would be shocking, and even if they had scored some goals they would be coming from a ***** league so wouldnt be worth the punt anyway ;)
I think you are exaggerating some people's veiws somewhat. Guy Whittingham had already played at several levels and was a regular scorer at each. When he came to Pompey he was still a relatively young man who hadn't played in full time football but full of potential. Some of our signings don't have the same pedigree as an up and coming Whittingham and have reached the age where there potential has been reached or their potential would have been shown. Not all our buys, I hasten to add, because amongst some of the uninspiring transfers there have been some good ones with Devlin being particularly exciting.

I don't get why people are seeing bringing in players cheaply from clubs at a lower level to us is so good. Bringing in a player with potential is good in my opinion. If we went and got all our players out of the Ishmian League on 10 year contracts would that be seen as good?
I dont see it as a good thing, or a bad thing. I am waiting until I have seen how Mous can coach them and they have played some games.
you question the australian league nd what he might be able to do, well I would question the irish league and what sort of standard that is. Curtis came form there and worked out ok?? devlin has come from there and is highly rated with lots of teams after him??
of course all our players from lower leagues on 10 year contracts isnt going to work, and we arent doing that. Mous and hughes have clearly targeted certain players that they believe will fit the style of football they want to play.
People seem to forget we have Pack, Morrell, Raggett as experienced players alongside to guide and help players too.
Lets see what the season start brings before we write them all off ffs

Both Curtis & Devlin were standouts in the Irish League, as was Whyte when he was there. Far less players come from the Australian League although, in fairness, that is probably geographic more than anything. Yengi may well turn out to be a success but his record at the level he has come from is far from convincing. Nowhere near the promise that young Whittingham, Curtis or Devlin had. Pompey's recruitment staff must have run the rule over him and they have seen something that no one else has seen, which is surprising for a player who is 24. Nevertheless they have seen something and their record earlier in the year was good so there maybe something here, but it is hard to get excited about.
Pitman was a standout in the wessex league last year, should we resign him ??
Your sarcasm doesn't get much better. OK. Let's play your infantile game and say let's sign Pitman on a 10 year contract.
but thats not what I am saying at all Walter and you know that.
we had loads of loans and people moaned, so we have signed players on 2/3 year deals, now they are moaning we are stuck with players
The players we have signed arent Ronaldo, their stats say they are sh!te so they must be sh!te
They have come from lesser leagues so they must be sh!te
whenever any of these arguments are questioned and cases where players have had carp stats or come from lesser leagues and been a succes, but they are shot down and no answer will ever satisfy.

All I see is people saying the club have signed 9 carp players on contracts that mean in the extremely unlikey event we get promoted we are stuck with 9 carp players who will be no good to us, but they might be good, but i doubt it
all the other teams fans have said we have bought 9 carp players so it must be true and they have written off out promotion chances FACT so again must be true

all of this before a ball has been kicked in anger ffs.
The team has been put together, Mous and Hughes have targeted these players for a reason, lets wait and see what that reason is before we give up before the first whistle

I saw someone saying that we need to sign a standout player make a statement, like Tommy Leigh !! i dont see him as a standout player, he was a good player in an average accrington side, but is he better than some of the other players we have signed? he was released by Pompey, played in non league, was picked up by accrington and had a good couple of years, by all the arguments against the others we have signed he will be classed as sh!te too

Porchy, by all means post an opposing veiw, that's what makes debating interesting, but please do it fairly without dissmising others veiws that differ. My veiws often differ from most posting on here but that doesn't make me stupid or the views I oppose stupid.

I think we all have valid reasons for having a particular veiw point, whether it ends up as right or wrong. For instance I posted a veiw where I predicted a veiw suggesting that season ticket sales would be down this summer on the previous sales. I based that veiw on my own thoughts and of those near where I sit and also in general discussion with other supporters who were fed up with the entertainment on offer. I came to the conclusion that season tickets would have a lower uptake this summer and, based on the veiws of others, it was a reasonable conclusion to come to. As it happens I could not have been more wrong because the take up is, in fact, higher. I got that particular veiw point wrong and those that opposed my veiw point got it right. I admitted this issue on another thread which you may have missed.

Your analogy using Pitman and Yengi is, in my opinion, aimed at ridiculing veiws that differ to yours. You must know that making an argument concerning the two players doesn't hold any water so therefore you can't really excuse your post. But do please keep posting as all veiws are of interest.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:27 am We have signed players who have played plenty of games in this league mean while (manageress) Barnsley have just signed a 21 year old from Pontefract Colliers (great team name).

Imagine the meltdown.

One of our main rivals this season towards top of the league I'd have thought.
Not a first team signing
Quote from Barnsley website
He will link up with our under 21 squad we have a record of developing young players from lower leagues within our academy system
This shows I think the benefit of an u21 development side between the academy and first team
I hope someday we will build towards such a transition
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

Blue Walter wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:52 am
Portchesterblue2 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:53 pm imagine if we went and paid £500 to buy someone out the army and stuck them up front, the board would be shot for that wouldnt they, I mean the stats and record would be shocking, and even if they had scored some goals they would be coming from a ***** league so wouldnt be worth the punt anyway ;)
I think you are exaggerating some people's veiws somewhat. Guy Whittingham had already played at several levels and was a regular scorer at each. When he came to Pompey he was still a relatively young man who hadn't played in full time football but full of potential. Some of our signings don't have the same pedigree as an up and coming Whittingham and have reached the age where there potential has been reached or their potential would have been shown. Not all our buys, I hasten to add, because amongst some of the uninspiring transfers there have been some good ones with Devlin being particularly exciting.

I don't get why people are seeing bringing in players cheaply from clubs at a lower level to us is so good. Bringing in a player with potential is good in my opinion. If we went and got all our players out of the Ishmian League on 10 year contracts would that be seen as good?
I dont see it as a good thing, or a bad thing. I am waiting until I have seen how Mous can coach them and they have played some games.
you question the australian league nd what he might be able to do, well I would question the irish league and what sort of standard that is. Curtis came form there and worked out ok?? devlin has come from there and is highly rated with lots of teams after him??
of course all our players from lower leagues on 10 year contracts isnt going to work, and we arent doing that. Mous and hughes have clearly targeted certain players that they believe will fit the style of football they want to play.
People seem to forget we have Pack, Morrell, Raggett as experienced players alongside to guide and help players too.

Both Curtis & Devlin were standouts in the Irish League, as was Whyte when he was there. Far less players come from the Australian League although, in fairness, that is probably geographic more than anything. Yengi may well turn out to be a success but his record at the level he has come from is far from convincing. Nowhere near the promise that young Whittingham, Curtis or Devlin had. Pompey's recruitment staff must have run the rule over him and they have seen something that no one else has seen, which is surprising for a player who is 24. Nevertheless they have seen something and their record earlier in the year was good so there maybe something here, but it is hard to get excited about.
Your sarcasm doesn't get much better. OK. Let's play your infantile game and say let's sign Pitman on a 10 year contract.
we had loads of loans and people moaned, so we have signed players on 2/3 year deals, now they are moaning we are stuck with players
The players we have signed arent Ronaldo, their stats say they are sh!te so they must be sh!te
whenever any of these arguments are questioned and cases where players have had carp stats or come from lesser leagues and been a succes, but they are shot down and no answer will ever satisfy.

All I see is people saying the club have signed 9 carp players on contracts that mean in the extremely unlikey event we get promoted we are stuck with 9 carp players who will be no good to us, but they might be good, but i doubt it
all the other teams fans have said we have bought 9 carp players so it must be true and they have written off out promotion chances FACT so again must be true

The team has been put together, Mous and Hughes have targeted these players for a reason, lets wait and see what that reason is before we give up before the first whistle

I saw someone saying that we need to sign a standout player make a statement, like Tommy Leigh !! i dont see him as a standout player, he was a good player in an average accrington side, but is he better than some of the other players we have signed? he was released by Pompey, played in non league, was picked up by accrington and had a good couple of years, by all the arguments against the others we have signed he will be classed as sh!te too

Porchy, by all means post an opposing veiw, that's what makes debating interesting, but please do it fairly without dissmising others veiws that differ. My veiws often differ from most posting on here but that doesn't make me stupid or the views I oppose stupid.

I think we all have valid reasons for having a particular veiw point, whether it ends up as right or wrong. For instance I posted a veiw where I predicted a veiw suggesting that season ticket sales would be down this summer on the previous sales. I based that veiw on my own thoughts and of those near where I sit and also in general discussion with other supporters who were fed up with the entertainment on offer. I came to the conclusion that season tickets would have a lower uptake this summer and, based on the veiws of others, it was a reasonable conclusion to come to. As it happens I could not have been more wrong because the take up is, in fact, higher. I got that particular veiw point wrong and those that opposed my veiw point got it right. I admitted this issue on another thread which you may have missed.

Your analogy using Pitman and Yengi is, in my opinion, aimed at ridiculing veiws that differ to yours. You must know that making an argument concerning the two players doesn't hold any water so therefore you can't really excuse your post. But do please keep posting as all veiws are of interest.
Walter, I apologise if you beleive I have in any way intimated that I believe you or any of the other posters are stupid, you are clearly all intelligent people with valid opinions.
I use extremes because I believe that the arguments put forward are extreme. the club signs players on loan its wrong, we sign players on 2 year contracts thats wrong. We are judging people by stats and leagues, so all i was trying to point out that if you are living and dying by stats then why not sign pitman ? yes its extreme, but then so is writing off a young lad because he played in australia and because he wasnt signed by anyone before he was 19 he is going to be carp.
People have said Whyte is a good signing, his stats for last year are awful, wasnt picked for the first half the season, injured for most of the second half, why would we sign him, what has he done ?? but he is percived as good. Stevenson played more games, fans thought he was one of their best performers, he has been written off. its all perception, but how can we have any perception until you have seen them perform in a pompey shirt in a Mous coached team? that is all I am trying to say
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

I think your keyboard is fooked Walter? i's and e's seem to have swapped :wink: :lol:
PompeyinAnjou
Robbie Pethick
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by PompeyinAnjou »

From what I've read, the A league is somewhere between League 1 and 2, with the better teams being at a similar level to Pompey. People seem to be writing Yengi off, because 'he is 24 and hasn't done much in a pub league'. From my network, I can tell you that he left Adelaide, his home town club, because they screwed him over on money. In 2023, Adelaide and Western Australia, finished third and fourth, so on the face of it he has experienced football at similar levels to League one. Western Wanderers play in a modern 30k capacity stadium too.https://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/commbank-stadium. Not a bad stadium for a pub team! It is also worth bearing in mind that he is black, and Australia has a reputation for being racist. It almost certainly won't have been easy for him. I'd say give the lad a chance, even if he finds those chances pretty hard to come by, if Bishop stays, and stays fit.

We have signed ten players, and they are all our players, and the majority of them have something to prove, having experienced setbacks in a higher league, suffered relegations recently or are young with hopes of playing in higher leagues. I much prefer that to having a handful of expensive loanees, some of whom think may have thought that they were doing Pompey a favour/they were better than League one standard. That didn't work out too well, for the most part, did it?

I like the strategy, and it offers, the opportunity to develop players and make a profit and rinse and repeat, hopefully moving up the football pyramid. It all depends on the execution from Hughes and his team, in finding the right players with potential at the right price. People seem to forget that Pompey have had loads of players who did little for us but went on to do much better at other clubs. Why shouldn't that work in our favour too for the likes of Scully, Whyte etc? As the man said, 'Football, it's a funny old game. Richard Hughes came with a good reputation and the January signings were pretty good. Likewise,John Mousinho, arrived with no real coaching or managerial track record, but made what most consider a decent start, with a long unbeaten run. The big problem up front, which the recent signings may or may not rectify, has been addressed. We have more pace and goals in the attack. I'd judge that he knows what he wants his team to play like, and it all rests and getting the group to gell, and buy into his management. With a bit of luck, and everyone needs some of that, it may turn out way better than some posters here believe.

There again, we may have signed a complete set of duds, that can't be moulded into a team, and both him and Hughes will be gone by January, with Pompey well down the table. We'll see.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Selsey Bill wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:27 pm

I think your keyboard is fooked Walter? i's and e's seem to have swapped :wink: :lol:

I don't think it's the keyboard. I think it is more to do with being an uneducated buffoon.
Last edited by Blue Walter on Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

ExHGS1973 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:27 pm From what I've read, the A league is somewhere between League 1 and 2, with the better teams being at a similar level to Pompey. People seem to be writing Yengi off, because 'he is 24 and hasn't done much in a pub league'. From my network, I can tell you that he left Adelaide, his home town club, because they screwed him over on money. In 2023, Adelaide and Western Australia, finished third and fourth, so on the face of it he has experienced football at similar levels to League one. Western Wanderers play in a modern 30k capacity stadium too.https://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/commbank-stadium. Not a bad stadium for a pub team! It is also worth bearing in mind that he is black, and Australia has a reputation for being racist. It almost certainly won't have been easy for him. I'd say give the lad a chance, even if he finds those chances pretty hard to come by, if Bishop stays, and stays fit.

We have signed ten players, and they are all our players, and the majority of them have something to prove, having experienced setbacks in a higher league, suffered relegations recently or are young with hopes of playing in higher leagues. I much prefer that to having a handful of expensive loanees, some of whom think may have thought that they were doing Pompey a favour/they were better than League one standard. That didn't work out too well, for the most part, did it?

I like the strategy, and it offers, the opportunity to develop players and make a profit and rinse and repeat, hopefully moving up the football pyramid. It all depends on the execution from Hughes and his team, in finding the right players with potential at the right price. People seem to forget that Pompey have had loads of players who did little for us but went on to do much better at other clubs. Why shouldn't that work in our favour too for the likes of Scully, Whyte etc? As the man said, 'Football, it's a funny old game. Richard Hughes came with a good reputation and the January signings were pretty good. Likewise,John Mousinho, arrived with no real coaching or managerial track record, but made what most consider a decent start, with a long unbeaten run. The big problem up front, which the recent signings may or may not rectify, has been addressed. We have more pace and goals in the attack. I'd judge that he knows what he wants his team to play like, and it all rests and getting the group to gell, and buy into his management. With a bit of luck, and everyone needs some of that, it may turn out way better than some posters here believe.

There again, we may have signed a complete set of duds, that can't be moulded into a team, and both him and Hughes will be gone by January, with Pompey well down the table. We'll see.
4-0 win first game of the season - heard it hear first.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:14 pm

Walter, I apologise if you beleive I have in any way intimated that I believe you or any of the other posters are stupid, you are clearly all intelligent people with valid opinions.
I use extremes because I believe that the arguments put forward are extreme. the club signs players on loan its wrong, we sign players on 2 year contracts thats wrong. We are judging people by stats and leagues, so all i was trying to point out that if you are living and dying by stats then why not sign pitman ? yes its extreme, but then so is writing off a young lad because he played in australia and because he wasnt signed by anyone before he was 19 he is going to be carp.
People have said Whyte is a good signing, his stats for last year are awful, wasnt picked for the first half the season, injured for most of the second half, why would we sign him, what has he done ?? but he is percived as good. Stevenson played more games, fans thought he was one of their best performers, he has been written off. its all perception, but how can we have any perception until you have seen them perform in a pompey shirt in a Mous coached team? that is all I am trying to say
My position is that I am disappointed with our overall transfer activity so far this summer. That disappointment stems from that I was hoping that last seasons squad would be added to with the best quality players available to us, adding to an already predominantly good squad. While I am quite happy with some of our signings, in fact quite excited in some, there are others than I don't think enhance the squad. Obviously I hope to be proved wrong and they all turn out to be gems but not all of them will, indeed if any. As I have said a number of times Devlin could turn out to be an absolute peach bit of business and I congratulate those that pulled off the signing. Whyte and Scully are good signings in as much they replace what we have lost and, perhaps, may even better that. However, I still don't think we have significantly improved the squads quality and in some respects downgraded in some areas. I am hopeful for the season ahead and I certainly don't see us struggling at the wrong end of the table. I am hopeful thatwe will be in the top half and challenging, in fact I think we will. Its just that I don't think we will have that bit extra quality that I hoped we would bring in.

That's all, and by all means disagree with me because you may well be right. It's just my opinion, and a lot of other people I have spoken to as well.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

ExHGS1973 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:27 pm From what I've read, the A league is somewhere between League 1 and 2, with the better teams being at a similar level to Pompey. People seem to be writing Yengi off, because 'he is 24 and hasn't done much in a pub league'. From my network, I can tell you that he left Adelaide, his home town club, because they screwed him over on money. In 2023, Adelaide and Western Australia, finished third and fourth, so on the face of it he has experienced football at similar levels to League one. Western Wanderers play in a modern 30k capacity stadium too.https://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/commbank-stadium. Not a bad stadium for a pub team! It is also worth bearing in mind that he is black, and Australia has a reputation for being racist. It almost certainly won't have been easy for him. I'd say give the lad a chance, even if he finds those chances pretty hard to come by, if Bishop stays, and stays fit.

I have sampled Australian football at first hand. I went to watch one of the Sydney teams in their version of the European Champions Cup. I can vouch for the stadium and the match day experience. It had all the surroundings of a big time European night. It was hard to compare the standard of football because of the occasion and their opposition. Like a lot of Australian clubs at the time they had a lookalike version of the world famous John Westwood as a mascot. I was asked about him by almost everyone I met.

The standard of football is a difficult one to equate to really because attendances and match day experience gives you a sense of occasion much higher than that associated with our lower leagues. I have see it compared to Ishmian League and Conference level, with the best teams somewhere between League One and Two. The very best of A League are seen as being able to live at League One level. This is not my opinion because I was unable to come to a conclusion on that front.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Blue Walter wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:12 pm

My position is that I am disappointed with our overall transfer activity so far this summer. That disappointment stems from that I was hoping that last seasons squad would be added to with the best quality players available to us, adding to an already predominantly good squad. While I am quite happy with some of our signings, in fact quite excited in some, there are others than I don't think enhance the squad. Obviously I hope to be proved wrong and they all turn out to be gems but not all of them will, indeed if any. As I have said a number of times Devlin could turn out to be an absolute peach bit of business and I congratulate those that pulled off the signing. Whyte and Scully are good signings in as much they replace what we have lost and, perhaps, may even better that. However, I still don't think we have significantly improved the squads quality and in some respects downgraded in some areas. I am hopeful for the season ahead and I certainly don't see us struggling at the wrong end of the table. I am hopeful thatwe will be in the top half and challenging, in fact I think we will. Its just that I don't think we will have that bit extra quality that I hoped we would bring in.

That's all, and by all means disagree with me because you may well be right. It's just my opinion, and a lot of other people I have spoken to as well.
added to with the best quality players available to us
Like who? Perhaps these are the best quality players available to us?

Has anyone in league one signed anyone you think, damn I wish we signed them?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league- ... bewerb/GB3
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

[/quote]

I have looked through that list and the one thing that really stands out to me is that virtually no one has signed a centre forward, Bolton have signed the guy they had on loan from the stripeys, but other than that the only time centre forwards were mentioned is returning loans.

And no I didnt see any names I thought mmmm we should have got him
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:29 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:12 pm

added to with the best quality players available to us

No, and it is very quiet on all fronts at the moment. I have had a look what other clubs have done and only Stevenage have come close to our business. They have significantly improved their squad from last season, which they obviously needed to do coming up a league. And no I don't think I would have wanted any of the players they have signed, although totally fit Thompson brothers who give most teams at our level a boost.

Like who you ask? I don't really have any names, which is the same answer I gave you last time you asked me the same question, but someone along the lines of Lewis Wing would be good.

Perhaps we have signed the best quality available to us, especially at the prices we are willing to pay. Could that be a casualty of going off too early? Then again, leaving it until late in the window also has its pitfalls. Who knows?
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Selsey Bill wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:27 pm

Do you spell check everyone's posts and grammar check, or is it just mine for some reason? I have noticed that some posters don't use captitals or commas either but that doesn't really matter as the modern way is to write in text form for some people.