Oxford United new stadium

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Oxford United new stadium

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompeyyellows wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:44 am Hi. Getting back in touch as Oxford United now has a live planning application for our newly proposed stadium - as detailed here: https://oufcstadium.co.uk/oxford-united ... validated/

"There is now a short window of time for the public to respond local Council on the planning application, so if anyone would be happy to fill in a very short form over the next couple of weeks before the public consultation closes, that would be massively appreciated. The link to submit your view on the planning application can be found here: https://planningregister.cherwell.gov.u ... 24/00539/F

"As I've previously posted, if we were to move to this new Triangle site, away fans would benefit from improved public transport routes (including a Train Station on the doorstep of the new ground), vastly better facilities for visitors, and a significantly improved atmosphere compared to our current, soulless Kassam stadium. Thank you in advance to anyone who can spend a few minutes helping a fellow member of the football community from becoming homeless in two years.

After experiencing the Fratton atmosphere last weekend, which i thought was the best i've seen it at Fratton Park, i would love to have that at our own stadium. At present we can only dream of that because it ain't happening where we currently are.
From the position you are in now you really should be going up this season, hopefully we can claim 6th spot and make the playoffs but thats going to be tough.

Thanks for reading this and thank you to everyone who responded last time.
Still no pubs though?
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Yo. Are you the same PompeyYellows that posts on the YellowsForum.co.uk? Think we may have briefly chatted on there not too long ago!
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompeyyellows
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Pompeyyellows »

Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:57 am Yo. Are you the same PompeyYellows that posts on the YellowsForum.co.uk? Think we may have briefly chatted on there not too long ago!
Yes i am Sam.
Pompeyyellows
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Pompeyyellows »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:49 am
Pompeyyellows wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:44 am Hi. Getting back in touch as Oxford United now has a live planning application for our newly proposed stadium - as detailed here: https://oufcstadium.co.uk/oxford-united ... validated/

"There is now a short window of time for the public to respond local Council on the planning application, so if anyone would be happy to fill in a very short form over the next couple of weeks before the public consultation closes, that would be massively appreciated. The link to submit your view on the planning application can be found here: https://planningregister.cherwell.gov.u ... 24/00539/F

"As I've previously posted, if we were to move to this new Triangle site, away fans would benefit from improved public transport routes (including a Train Station on the doorstep of the new ground), vastly better facilities for visitors, and a significantly improved atmosphere compared to our current, soulless Kassam stadium. Thank you in advance to anyone who can spend a few minutes helping a fellow member of the football community from becoming homeless in two years.

After experiencing the Fratton atmosphere last weekend, which i thought was the best i've seen it at Fratton Park, i would love to have that at our own stadium. At present we can only dream of that because it ain't happening where we currently are.
From the position you are in now you really should be going up this season, hopefully we can claim 6th spot and make the playoffs but thats going to be tough.

Still no pubs though?
No your quite correct, But it will make it very easy to stop off in the city centre have a few beers the catching another train from Oxford to Oxford parkway for the match. Or take advantage of the fan zones that will be at the stadium. Our current stadium has nothing even the access is crap.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompeyyellows wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:38 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:57 am Yo. Are you the same PompeyYellows that posts on the YellowsForum.co.uk? Think we may have briefly chatted on there not too long ago!
Yes i am Sam.
Welcome to the forum then 👌👍.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompeyyellows wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:19 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:49 am

Still no pubs though?
No your quite correct, But it will make it very easy to stop off in the city centre have a few beers the catching another train from Oxford to Oxford parkway for the match. Or take advantage of the fan zones that will be at the stadium. Our current stadium has nothing even the access is crap.
That's true it will make access a bit easier.

It's a real problem with these newer stadiums not being able to sample the actual place the team you are playing is from.

Granted Fratton is no Southsea.