Oxford United new stadium

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompeyyellows
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Oxford United new stadium

Post by Pompeyyellows »

Hi, an Oxford United fan here in peace.

Our club is desperately trying to secure a new stadium site, or we’ll be homeless from 2026.

With that in mind, if anyone on here would be happy to fill in a short online questionnaire being run by Oxfordshire County Council, our fans would be massively grateful.

It only takes about five minutes or so to fill in the short online form with positive answers at https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/C8O8VI/ by 23 July 2023.

The benefits to you as away fans will be:
A sustainable stadium right next door to a major railway station in Oxford Parkway (a short train ride from Oxford City Centre) and opposite a large Park&Ride site, which would make it one of the easiest, greenest grounds to get to in the UK.
Proper drinking, food and entertainment options at the ground itself, compared to embarrassing facilities currently on offer at our current ground or nearby.
A modern, well-designed ground which will help to support a proper atmosphere, rather than the soulless, three-side ground we have now.
A few sentences on any of the above for the survey’s final comment box would be really helpful in showing our County Council that the new ground will be sustainable, increase spending in Oxfordshire, and provide excellent facilities for home AND away fans.

We all appreciate the value of a good away day, whether we’re potentially playing you in a league or cup game from 2026 onwards. Taking a few minutes to support a fellow club before it becomes homeless in just a few years would be massively appreciated. Thank you.”
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Re: Oxford United new stadium

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompeyyellows wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:03 pm Hi, an Oxford United fan here in peace.

Our club is desperately trying to secure a new stadium site, or we’ll be homeless from 2026.

With that in mind, if anyone on here would be happy to fill in a short online questionnaire being run by Oxfordshire County Council, our fans would be massively grateful.

It only takes about five minutes or so to fill in the short online form with positive answers at https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/C8O8VI/ by 23 July 2023.

The benefits to you as away fans will be:
A sustainable stadium right next door to a major railway station in Oxford Parkway (a short train ride from Oxford City Centre) and opposite a large Park&Ride site, which would make it one of the easiest, greenest grounds to get to in the UK.
Proper drinking, food and entertainment options at the ground itself, compared to embarrassing facilities currently on offer at our current ground or nearby.
A modern, well-designed ground which will help to support a proper atmosphere, rather than the soulless, three-side ground we have now.
A few sentences on any of the above for the survey’s final comment box would be really helpful in showing our County Council that the new ground will be sustainable, increase spending in Oxfordshire, and provide excellent facilities for home AND away fans.

We all appreciate the value of a good away day, whether we’re potentially playing you in a league or cup game from 2026 onwards. Taking a few minutes to support a fellow club before it becomes homeless in just a few years would be massively appreciated. Thank you.”

Hi, Thank you for taking the trouble to post on our site and I hope you get the feed back you require.

May I ask, as an opposition supporter, a couple of points of interest as I would be interested to what you think.

When you posted on here you may have read some of the threads and I wondered what you thought of the content. I have had a look at most of our opposition sites before and after we play them with an interest in how the game with us is veiwed. I also look on sites when we buy or have interest in a player from that particular club to get the thoughts of supporters of that club. Apparently Oxford were interested in signing Whyte so could I ask you what your thoughts are on the fact he has signed for Pompey. When I last looked on the Oxford fan forum there didn't seem to be much comment and those that did comment didn't seem to be particularly bothered either way.

If you are aware of our transfer activity are you impressed with our activity or not, bearing in mind this activity is aimed at a serious promotion push?

Could I ask you what you think of our site with all the little side arguments. I would think its very similar to most sites where there is generally one or two posters that everyone else disagrees with. Usually I am one of the posters everyone disagrees with but generally we do have a relatively civilised debate.

How do you rate Oxford's chances this season? I have noticed that you have signed our Mingi. I think that you have potentially signed a gem but time will tell. Were you aware of him before?

I am sorry for all the questions but I am curious as to your veiws. I hope you have an enjoyable season and good luck with your new ground.
Pompeyyellows
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Pompeyyellows »

My view on Gavin Whyte is if you get the Gavin that we 1st signed from NI, then you will arguably have one of the best players in league 1. When he came back to us on loan from Cardiff it didn’t quite happen for him. That was probably due more to Karl Robinson’s management that Gav’s skills.
Mous will get you guys playing good football and I firmly believe you will at least make playoffs.
Our chances, hopefully we are challenging as well as last season was a nightmare.
Think we still need a couple of strikers at least for this season.
Always love going to Fratton as a visiting fan, it’s everything that our stadium isn’t, that’s why we need this new stadium to happen.What we would like is for people to fill in the survey and be in favour of it happening, please be honest.
If this stadium doesn’t get the go ahead then there will be no Oxford United.
I feel we have a good rivalry and good history going back many years, and we would love that to continue for many years to come.
Thank you for excepting my original post on your forum.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompeyyellows wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:23 pm My view on Gavin Whyte is if you get the Gavin that we 1st signed from NI, then you will arguably have one of the best players in league 1. When he came back to us on loan from Cardiff it didn’t quite happen for him. That was probably due more to Karl Robinson’s management that Gav’s skills.
Mous will get you guys playing good football and I firmly believe you will at least make playoffs.
Our chances, hopefully we are challenging as well as last season was a nightmare.
Think we still need a couple of strikers at least for this season.
Always love going to Fratton as a visiting fan, it’s everything that our stadium isn’t, that’s why we need this new stadium to happen.What we would like is for people to fill in the survey and be in favour of it happening, please be honest.
If this stadium doesn’t get the go ahead then there will be no Oxford United.
I feel we have a good rivalry and good history going back many years, and we would love that to continue for many years to come.
Thank you for excepting my original post on your forum.
I have never been to the Kassam stadium but went several times to the old Manor Ground. I don't actually remember anything but defeat there either. From what I have seen of the Kassam on TV it looks like there is plenty of potential there for a stadium. I am under the impression that that it is a relatively new build and wouldn't take much to transform it into a good stadium. Obviously that's been thought of and there are reasons why that hasn't happened.

You say that you expect us to be in the mix next season and I wondered what you based that on. Is it because of the Mousinho connection or anything else? I know Mousinho was well thought of at Oxford and many hoped he would be the manager at some point. Did he have much influence of the team in his time there? I ask this because you seem confident he will have our lot playing good football and I wondered where that confidence came from.
Pompeyyellows
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Pompeyyellows »

There are many reasons why we have to move, the main 1 being that we don’t own it and Kassam won’t let us stay past June 2026.
As we don’t own it we can’t do anything with it hence only 3 stands. It’s embarrassing. Yes it might only be 20 years old but it is a crumbling soulless place to be. No atmosphere and a nightmare to get to and from.
The Manor was a proper ground, but totally inadequate for modern day football. As fans we loved it.
On Mous, yes he was very well thought of at Oxford by both players and fans. It’s no secret that he was being groomed for the managers job at Oxford, but Robinson wasn’t sack in time, I don’t blame him for taking the Pompey job. You guys will always be there or their abouts, and apart from Derby and Barnsley, who must be favourites I can’t see many teams being above you.
I think league 1 is a lot weaker than the 2 previous seasons.
You never know you might get your proper derby back next year if you do indeed gain promotion. Unless the scummers get relegated again lol.
Having lived down here since 1989 I see them as scummers to along with Swindon
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Interesting vid here.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompeyyellows
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Pompeyyellows »

That guy isn’t wrong. Taking away the fact that we will be homeless in 3 years time, the Kassam is not fit for purpose. Now we have owners who want to get us our own home we need as much support as possible from not only OUFC fans but the whole football community as a whole. We want visiting fans to want to come to Oxford and have a really good experience. Win lose or draw.
Rjk66
Alan Biley
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Rjk66 »

Having just completed the survey, I hope this gets approved. How many more hoops do you have to jump through to get somewhere. It is Oxford council that will benefit more from this than the football club.
Mark Hateley and Alan Biley made my favourite season.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

I've just completed the survey. Good luck with everything, wouldn't want see OUFC homeless.
Pompeyyellows
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Pompeyyellows »

Thank you to everyone who has filled out the OCC survey regarding our proposed stadium move. There is only 1 week left for those that would like to help a fellow club to fill in the survey.
I know we are rivals but we really need help in securing our future.
Pompeyyellows
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Pompeyyellows »

“Just getting back in touch to say that Oxford United were successful in gaining approval for land to be leased to the club for a new stadium before we become homeless in 2026. There will be further big battles to come once planning is submitted in the coming months - and I may be back to ask for some further support for the stadium plans at that point - but I just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to support our club. The football community is a genuine community and your support for our club at its time of need is massively appreciated. Thank you once again and best of luck for the rest of this season.

How do you all feel about Mous now? Seems the footballing gods have decided that us both are going to be pace setters this year. Long may it continue.
Early days i know but i'd rather be where we are now compared to last season.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

That's great news. Fingers crossed for you going forward. I am a massive fan of John Mousinho as you can probably see from my avatar :wink:
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Selsey Bill wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:45 am That's great news. Fingers crossed for you going forward. I am a massive fan of John Mousinho as you can probably see from my avatar :wink:
This is almost as big as Selsey Bill's JM Room

NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Pompeyyellows wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:10 am “Just getting back in touch to say that Oxford United were successful in gaining approval for land to be leased to the club for a new stadium before we become homeless in 2026. There will be further big battles to come once planning is submitted in the coming months - and I may be back to ask for some further support for the stadium plans at that point - but I just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to support our club. The football community is a genuine community and your support for our club at its time of need is massively appreciated. Thank you once again and best of luck for the rest of this season.

How do you all feel about Mous now? Seems the footballing gods have decided that us both are going to be pace setters this year. Long may it continue.
Early days i know but i'd rather be where we are now compared to last season.
Fingers crossed you can secure a permanent home that benefits the club.

JM is gaining confidence as the games mount up. He seems genuine in his interviews, particularly post match. Can't expect perfection but he's doing good so far.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompeyyellows
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Pompeyyellows »

Hi. Getting back in touch as Oxford United now has a live planning application for our newly proposed stadium - as detailed here: https://oufcstadium.co.uk/oxford-united ... validated/

"There is now a short window of time for the public to respond local Council on the planning application, so if anyone would be happy to fill in a very short form over the next couple of weeks before the public consultation closes, that would be massively appreciated. The link to submit your view on the planning application can be found here: https://planningregister.cherwell.gov.u ... 24/00539/F

"As I've previously posted, if we were to move to this new Triangle site, away fans would benefit from improved public transport routes (including a Train Station on the doorstep of the new ground), vastly better facilities for visitors, and a significantly improved atmosphere compared to our current, soulless Kassam stadium. Thank you in advance to anyone who can spend a few minutes helping a fellow member of the football community from becoming homeless in two years.

After experiencing the Fratton atmosphere last weekend, which i thought was the best i've seen it at Fratton Park, i would love to have that at our own stadium. At present we can only dream of that because it ain't happening where we currently are.
From the position you are in now you really should be going up this season, hopefully we can claim 6th spot and make the playoffs but thats going to be tough.

Thanks for reading this and thank you to everyone who responded last time.