Dishon Bernard

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Melbourne Graham
Collins Mbesuma
Been liked: 1 time

Dishon Bernard

Post by Melbourne Graham »

Saw highlights of Jamaica v St Kitts and Nevis Dishon scored the 3rd goal of 5 and although the opposition weren’t that good he took his chance well from edge of area after making space for himself showing good control. As a wrinkly who isn’t tech savvy don’t know how to upload clip. Found it by Highlights Jamaica v St Kitts and Nevis Gold Cup.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 180 times

Re: Dishon Bernard

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Stadium looks a bit small if you ask me.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by NSRailings »

Jamaica won again last night, through to the semi's on Thursday.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Rather a nifty bit of skill for his goal
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Its a difficult dilema the club faces we could wait for Dishon and then find out he goes to a Championship club as noble as we are patiently waiting for him. I'm sure we have other options but it would be ashame if we lose out on him. There is no doubt we need a ball playing CB to strengthen our defence before the season starts.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

That small stadium is Levi Stadium. Home of the 49ers and one of the venues for the forthcoming US hosted World Cup. It has a capacity of 68,500.
PompeyinAnjou
Robbie Pethick
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by PompeyinAnjou »

Who? No, we are building a squad of players who want to play for Pompey. If some players think they can do better
then we wish them good luck and moce on. Mingi, Bernard etc. We are going up! If you don't want to be on that journey, it's not our problem.

This transfer window is looking good. We are signing solid players, young enough to have ambition and who want to improve and who often look to have, as yet unfulfilled potential, to play at a higher level. Many look like they can play a variety of positions and it looks like competition for starting, and even bench places, will be fierce.

The owners have finally got to understand what is needed on the recruitment side to move PFC up the pyramid and do it on a sustainable basis.

I suspect Fratton Park will be rocking a lot this season and the owners will be looking at expanding capacity even more closely. We could readily pull in crowds of 25k plus.

We have a young manager who is bright, personable and ambitious and he is building a squad to match.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by Pompey55 »

ExHGS1973 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:01 am Who? No, we are building a squad of players who want to play for Pompey. If some players think they can do better
then we wish them good luck and moce on. Mingi, Bernard etc. We are going up! If you don't want to be on that journey, it's not our problem.

This transfer window is looking good. We are signing solid players, young enough to have ambition and who want to improve and who often look to have, as yet unfulfilled potential, to play at a higher level. Many look like they can play a variety of positions and it looks like competition for starting, and even bench places, will be fierce.

The owners have finally got to understand what is needed on the recruitment side to move PFC up the pyramid and do it on a sustainable basis.

I suspect Fratton Park will be rocking a lot this season and the owners will be looking at expanding capacity even more closely. We could readily pull in crowds of 25k plus.

We have a young manager who is bright, personable and ambitious and he is building a squad to match.
I really hope you are right but quite honestly I see a squad of average league one players with the exception of Whyte and maybe if he stays fit Scully with a number of younger players with potential
This is not a squad I think to make a serious promotion attempt this season but they would take a playoff place if it does happens
It smacks of another 3 window transition with so many of the older experienced players on 2 year contracts because if we get promoted they are unlikely to meet championship level
Signing the CB from Lincoln is yet another average league one squad player

Just to please PB2
Sack the lot of them lol
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:07 am
ExHGS1973 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:01 am Who? No, we are building a squad of players who want to play for Pompey. If some players think they can do better

I really hope you are right but quite honestly I see a squad of average league one players with the exception of Whyte and maybe if he stays fit Scully with a number of younger players with potential
This is not a squad I think to make a serious promotion attempt this season but they would take a playoff place if it does happens
It smacks of another 3 window transition with so many of the older experienced players on 2 year contracts because if we get promoted they are unlikely to meet championship level

Just to please PB2
Sack the lot of them lol
Where does this idea that Scully is injury prone come from? He's had one extended spell out then 'other reasons' for not playing last season at the basket case that is Wigan.

This three window transition thing - it was Cowley who said something like judge us after three windows.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:36 am

Just to please PB2
Sack the lot of them lol
Where does this idea that Scully is injury prone come from? He's had one extended spell out then 'other reasons' for not playing last season at the basket case that is Wigan.

This three window transition thing - it was Cowley who said something like judge us after three windows.
I am not bothered who said the 3 window transition just that that is what I'm my view these signings seen to indicate
A mixture of current players who never got us promoted before,with the exception of Scully and Whyte established league one players from clubs no better than us and a number of young potential assets that couldn't or could prove to be a good signing
Up front we have Bishop and 2 young potentially reasonable players with not past success at this level and Moushino is clear that's it
Last edited by Pompey55 on Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

We want players that want to play for Pompey the likes of Dishon and Mingi have ideas above their station so good luck to them move on. I do think Poole is a good signing he has the right attitude and seems a top league one player who can play at right back if needed. I do think we are getting a blend of good whole hearted players without shelling out big transfer fees, although they are not spectacular signings I am sure they are up for the fight. I think a lot of us hoped we would be copying the Ipswich approach by poaching top name players but we are using the skills of Rich Hughes to spot low cost talent that offer goodvalue for money. Whether this strategy will get us promotion is another matter whether this team can beat the likes of Bolton, Derby, Posh, Barnsley remains to be seen?
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Just to please PB2
Sack the lot of them lol
Hmmm, not sure you know much about Poole to label him as "average L1 squad player. He was destined for either Bristol City or Sheff Wed before we stepped in. He's very decent & has pace aplenty for a CH.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

pompeygunner wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:29 am

Just to please PB2
Sack the lot of them lol
Hmmm, not sure you know much about Poole to label him as "average L1 squad player. He was destined for either Bristol City or Sheff Wed before we stepped in. He's very decent & has pace aplenty for a CH.
I was pleased to see that he was Lincoln's player of the season the year they got to the playoff final. I presume that this signing is an indication that Bernard is not going to sign for Pompey. I wait to hear what the management say about that. Something may have happened to make Pompey pivot away and sign Poole since it was only yesterday that Pompey said they would wait for Bernard because he is engaged in an international tournament.

If Bernard joins too then presumably that would indicate that Raggett is probably leaving?

all very interesting.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:16 am I think a lot of us hoped we would be copying the Ipswich approach by poaching top name players but we are using the skills of Rich Hughes to spot low cost talent that offer goodvalue for money. Whether this strategy will get us promotion is another matter whether this team can beat the likes of Bolton, Derby, Posh, Barnsley remains to be seen?
I don’t think anyone with our owners expected an Ipswich approach
And I agree that Hughes is using his experience to recruit low cost talent that offer value for money exactly as he did a FGR which I think is possibly all he brings to the club.
I expected a little more ambition than low cost value for money players who in general are no better than those we released
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

pompeygunner wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:29 am

Just to please PB2
Sack the lot of them lol
If that’s so why has he stayed in League one?Maybe their interest was just paper talk who knows