Injury record

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Injury record

Post by Pompey55 »

It's early in pre-season but already the injuries are piling up I realize that if it was a league game some players would probably play but it's a little concerning that among those injured (not twisted ankles) are those we missed last year Lowery Rafferty groin and calf again, and Yengi.our for 2 weeks with a injury history and Shaunessy aggravated an old injury
I hope we are getting our support staff in place otherwise we could have a repeat of last season
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Injury record

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Max Whittingham (I think it is has stepped up) and we have a contract physio on the books at the moment - he's worked at Scummers and works what a number of other professional athletes.

It's not like we don't have anyone around - i'm sure we will have that all sorted in due course though. Believe it or not the club seems to know what they are doing.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Mous states that if we were playing League matches at the moment, most of the "injured" Players would be available for selection
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:48 am Mous states that if we were playing League matches at the moment, most of the "injured" Players would be available for selection
I read that but how many times last season’s did we hear exactly the comments before players disappeared for weeks
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:59 am
BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:48 am Mous states that if we were playing League matches at the moment, most of the "injured" Players would be available for selection
I read that but how many times last season’s did we hear exactly the comments before players disappeared for weeks
You must love being so negative and finding anything to slant such a sombre message. The Medical Team from last year have departed. The Management Team from last year have gone as well, so how can you manufacture a similar situation with the injuries?
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man