Loyalty points

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Loyalty points

Post by Pompey55 »

We have bought tickets for pizza cup games and each and were allocated normal royalty points for the games but I've just noticed we each were awarded 23 points for renewing/buying our season tickets which we never had last season this was only added today after our purchases
The 23 points is interesting as last season priority for away games started at 25 points
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this on their ticketing accounts
I would guess the priority Windows may change to reflect this in the coming season if not my granddaughter will be happy with her 39 points
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: Loyalty points

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:02 pm We have bought tickets for pizza cup games and each and were allocated normal royalty points for the games but I've just noticed we each were awarded 23 points for renewing/buying our season tickets which we never had last season this was only added today after our purchases
The 23 points is interesting as last season priority for away games started at 25 points
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this on their ticketing accounts
I would guess the priority Windows may change to reflect this in the coming season if not my granddaughter will be happy with her 39 points
Well spotted! I now have 50 loyalty points having had 20 something before. As you suggest though, I suspect the number of loyalty points required to get away tickets this coming season will now shift retrospectively upwards.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

I have a whole 6 points :) What do I win?

Anyone know if the points are rolling on a 12 month \ 24 month basis? Otherwise could see someone getting a shed load of points one year and still having them 5 years later which would put newer fans at a disadvantage. Actually thinking about it maybe that isn't so unfair afterall...
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:33 pm I have a whole 6 points :) What do I win?

Anyone know if the points are rolling on a 12 month \ 24 month basis? Otherwise could see someone getting a shed load of points one year and still having them 5 years later which would put newer fans at a disadvantage. Actually thinking about it maybe that isn't so unfair afterall...
I think all so far are post Covid I still got all mine going back to them I understood it would drop off earliest ones at sometime
This 23 points for a season ticket is silly as 14500 now have a minimum 23 so they will just raise the priority threshold accordingly
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

I might be wrong but pretty sure in days of yore season ticket holders usually got preferential priority for cup games so I’m not seeing it as too unfair.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:53 pm I might be wrong but pretty sure in days of yore season ticket holders usually got preferential priority for cup games so I’m not seeing it as too unfair.
For home cup matches we get priority for our normal seats for away games it’s based on loyalty points
I’m not saying it’s unfair just bl**dy stupid every season ticket holder gets 23 points so instead of priority at 25 /15/season ticket I would guess it will change to 45/35/25
Just giving loyalty points for the sake of it the existing system worked points for home cup matches and away games simple and easy to understand
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:53 pm I might be wrong but pretty sure in days of yore season ticket holders usually got preferential priority for cup games so I’m not seeing it as too unfair.
Just an additional thought it is actually unfair on those supporters who do not have a season ticket but have built up loyalty points by going to away games and minor cup games
Their loyalty points are now pretty much worthless as they do not have the plus 23 for a season ticket added to their total as I have
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Surely those stupid enough to invest year in year out in a season ticket should be rewarded loyalty points. Not sure why they shouldn't be?
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Selsey Bill wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:30 pm Surely those stupid enough to invest year in year out in a season ticket should be rewarded loyalty points. Not sure why they shouldn't be?
We have season tickets so benefit from this but this could make away games pretty much exclusively for people like us
Not everyone can afford or regularly use one but have maybe built up loyalty points by attending past away matches but effectively these are going to be pretty worthless
I know we get priority for home cup matches but a percentage are available for others to buy however this will no longer be the case for away games apart from those cold wet Tuesday nights
The previous system worked ok even if we missed out on some matches whilst I built up my granddaughters points so I can not see why the change after all after the first 2 priority Windows season ticket holders got the next opportunity anyway
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I'm probably not going to bother going this season anyway - I hear we are going to be crap.

I'll buy my membership again though - my easy games to get too are back to back early in the season, I'll get tickets one way or another even if it's not with Pompey fans which would be a shame.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Are memberships still going to be available this coming season as I’ve seen some people expressing concern that the club has said nothing about them yet
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:21 pm Are memberships still going to be available this coming season as I’ve seen some people expressing concern that the club has said nothing about them yet
The didn't last season till all the season ticket windows were out the way.

I go to more away games than home, but it often doesn't reach the members - fortunately for me the closest grounds (to me) have big away ends, and I know plenty of season ticket holders, problem with they is, if I use their ticket to get my ticket I don't get the points.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Selsey Bill wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:30 pm Surely those stupid enough to invest year in year out in a season ticket should be rewarded loyalty points. Not sure why they shouldn't be?
Well now it’s as clear as mud season ticket holders get 23 points added, members get 5 points added then 1 point for each home ticket anyone buys throughout the season, 2 points for each away game ( no mention of if this will apply retrospectively)
So the idea is to award fans for attending matches buying season tickets and membership

However before any loyalty point holders get an opportunity to buy away tickets an allocation is given to supporter groups, I still don’t get this as surely many have season tickets or loyalty points already surely this is defeating the object of the new allocation system which is quote “to award loyal supporters who regularly attend games”

Let’s see how it’s going to work and how many tickets go to member groups next week when Forest Green and Orient tickets where their allocations are quite modest around 1200/1000

Realistically as last year was 25/15/season tickets this year should start something like 45/35/25 to allow away game points previously awarded to be relevant
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:59 pm
Well now it’s as clear as mud season ticket holders get 23 points added, members get 5 points added then 1 point for each home ticket anyone buys throughout the season, 2 points for each away game ( no mention of if this will apply retrospectively)
So the idea is to award fans for attending matches buying season tickets and membership

However before any loyalty point holders get an opportunity to buy away tickets an allocation is given to supporter groups, I still don’t get this as surely many have season tickets or loyalty points already surely this is defeating the object of the new allocation system which is quote “to award loyal supporters who regularly attend games”

Let’s see how it’s going to work and how many tickets go to member groups next week when Forest Green and Orient tickets where their allocations are quite modest around 1200/1000

Realistically as last year was 25/15/season tickets this year should start something like 45/35/25 to allow away game points previously awarded to be relevant
It's always been the case they the local supporter groups get a small number of tickets to their local games.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:34 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:59 pm

It's always been the case they the local supporter groups get a small number of tickets to their local games.
Based on last season it was approximately 20% of the tickets I think that’s excessive