League One Squads.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

League One Squads.

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

If you could take one player from each of the other squads in league one who would you pick from each club and which player in our squads position would they take.

The first 4:

Barnsley: Connell for Pack.
Blackpool: Norburn would be my pick but not sure who I'd swap him out for.
Bolton: Charles for Kamara.
Bristol Rovers: Tough one this. Aaron Collins probably the only upgrade available.
SportMouth
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: League One Squads.

Post by SportMouth »

You leave Marlon alone mate!!!....star player and///'One of our own..he's one of our own' etc1
Get Seddon back from Burton for starters.....
I KNOW you said L1 sides..but we won't be there much longer.....
Enda Stevens, Joel Ward...give Matt Richie a year's contract.......Offer Whittingham some sweets
and a blanket......NEVER invite Whatmough back....Jamal Lowe...worth considering?
Mick Quinn....see you at summer training camp...Remember Major League..Wild Thing'?
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

SportMouth wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:28 pm You leave Marlon alone mate!!!....star player and///'One of our own..he's one of our own' etc1
Enda Stevens, Joel Ward...give Matt Richie a year's contract.......Offer Whittingham some sweets
and a blanket......NEVER invite Whatmough back....Jamal Lowe...worth considering?
Mick Quinn....see you at summer training camp...Remember Major League..Wild Thing'?
Seddon was bang average on Tuesday night, he absolutely wouldn't improve our squad (and I liked him when he was with us).

Pretty confident most of the ones you've mentioned (Ward/Ritchie/Lowe) will be out of our wage structure anyway, whether we get promoted or not.
SportMouth
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by SportMouth »

PeteM wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:38 pm
SportMouth wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:28 pm You leave Marlon alone mate!!!....star player and///'One of our own..he's one of our own' etc1
Seddon was bang average on Tuesday night, he absolutely wouldn't improve our squad (and I liked him when he was with us).

Pretty confident most of the ones you've mentioned (Ward/Ritchie/Lowe) will be out of our wage structure anyway, whether we get promoted or not.

Like most players..includinf Seddon...performances tend to settle at the
overall level of the club. You agree he was good with us and I think he could still do a job for
a decent price, I thought he was one of Burton;s most combinative players on Tues,
Players I mentioned....like cars, their vaue depreciates when driven out of car lot.
ALL could do a job down here....and none at a silly price.
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

SportMouth wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:07 pm
PeteM wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:38 pm

Like most players..includinf Seddon...performances tend to settle at the
overall level of the club. You agree he was good with us and I think he could still do a job for
a decent price, I thought he was one of Burton;s most combinative players on Tues,
Players I mentioned....like cars, their vaue depreciates when driven out of car lot.
ALL could do a job down here....and none at a silly price.
You said yourself you didn't think we'd be in League One much longer. Do you honestly see Seddon as a Championship player? Just my opinion, but if we get promoted, we should be looking for better players than him.

And I wouldn't disagree that those players could do a job for us, but all of them are probably on more money than anyone we have at the club currently. Joel Ward is the captain of a Premier League club. Ritchie is on over £40,000 a week at Newcastle. To say they wouldn't come at a silly price misunderstands the wage structure of the club and what we can realistically pay, even if we go up.