Barnsley Really Going For It...

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Barnsley Really Going For It...

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

In the last hour have signed Andy Dallas from Solihull Moors and Max Watters from Cardiff....
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Barnsley Really Going For It...

Post by Pompey55 »

Watters spend the second half of last season on loan at Barnsley so it’s not a surprise
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Interesting to see the clubs who are very active in the transfer marketplace besides us of course Reading look like they are recruiting lots of big names with big wage bills I guess? Charlton are another club who are building nicely especially with the capture of Camara time will tell whether he was worth the risk? Bolton have probably had the most expensive signing that I know of but as we learnt from Marquis no guarantee he will set the world on fire. I am still very keen to know whether we will sign an attacking midfielder who is the missing link as far as I’m concerned.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Oxford in my view have recruited well this off-season too
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:54 pm Oxford in my view have recruited well this off-season too
I actually don't think the Barnsley signings are anything to be worried about - none of them make our first 11
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Another couple of good signings by Charlton Terry Taylor plus Tayo Edun looks likely so going to be one of the teams to watch out for.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:16 pm Another couple of good signings by Charlton Terry Taylor plus Tayo Edun looks likely so going to be one of the teams to watch out for.
Are they any better than what we have brought in? Does Terry Taylor bring more to the party than the lad from Forest Green Do they pass the Pompey55 pedigree test?
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:30 pm
jam tomorrow wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:16 pm Another couple of good signings by Charlton Terry Taylor plus Tayo Edun looks likely so going to be one of the teams to watch out for.
Are they any better than what we have brought in? Does Terry Taylor bring more to the party than the lad from Forest Green Do they pass the Pompey55 pedigree test?
Now there’s a question ????
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

First to be clear I only said Stevenson when he signed was a crap signing I have only commented generally that the new signings have only marginally improved the team and some are inexperienced and a risk if they don’t come good in particular up front
Taylor is nothing special and was released by Burton as a defensive midfield player he would not be a starter ahead of Pack Morrell and Lowery but then I don’t expect Stevenson to either
Edun would have been a good signing at left back with plenty of championship experience so yes better than Sparkes on the face of it as he has good stats going forward and defensively
Of our outfield players I would expect only Poole Whyte and Scully be in our starting 11 compared to last season
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:54 pm Oxford in my view have recruited well this off-season too
Going in for Striker Tyler Burey from Millwall just get the feeling these signings look better than ours
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:22 am
Going in for Striker Tyler Burey from Millwall just get the feeling these signings look better than ours
Spent last season at Hartlepool hardly prolific at any level
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:36 am
jam tomorrow wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:22 am
Spent last season at Hartlepool hardly prolific at any level
GOOD
-- Diane Johnson
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Yeah Terry Taylor is going to be far more of a success than any of our freebies that we picked up because they had no other offers.
Charlton have allegedly paid £1.75m for Taylor so he must be of a very high pedigree indeed
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:45 pm
Yeah Terry Taylor is going to be far more of a success than any of our freebies that we picked up because they had no other offers.
Charlton have allegedly paid £1.75m for Taylor so he must be of a very high pedigree indeed
Charlton must be stupid then as he was out of contract at Burton and as such a free transfer either that or he received a massive signing on payment
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:52 pm
Portchesterblue2 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:45 pm
Charlton must be stupid then as he was out of contract at Burton and as such a free transfer either that or he received a massive signing on payment
Isn't he of an age where compo is required?