Bristol City Friendly

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Bristol City Friendly

Post by Dinksy »

Yup, we had a bit more space in the second half and that made a big difference. Swanson and Sparks looked excellent but there were times that our defence looked poorly organised with City players having far too much space. Probably a fair result on balance of play.
Oh and can we get Morrell to take our corners? Scully overhit every one he took and wasted our advantage.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I thought we looked OK in the second half. Yengi was quite a handfull, the new signings all looked decent
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:19 pm I thought we looked OK in the second half. Yengi was quite a handfull, the new signings all looked decent
Agree and Bristol were a step up from us in the first half. A little concerned we don't have much height as you can't always play your way out from the back. Corners definitely need working on. Reminded me of the Coventry friendly last year so it doesn't mean too much. Roll on next week.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

If that’s what we can expect going forward it’s going to be a bl**dy long season
Little or no goal threat set pieces lacking anything at all, midfield all the same no creativity whatsoever

The only positive I saw was that Scully seemed useful on the ball but lacked any final ball
Pretty much the same as we have endured for the last few seasons
Never mind at least we’ve signed 12 new players none apart from Scully impressed in my opinion
Glad it was just a friendly
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:05 pm If that’s what we can expect going forward it’s going to be a bl**dy long season
Little or no goal threat set pieces lacking anything at all, midfield all the same no creativity whatsoever

The only positive I saw was that Scully seemed useful on the ball but lacked any final ball
Never mind at least we’ve signed 12 new players none apart from Scully impressed in my opinion
Yes, just a friendly.
The real pain starts next week!
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:05 pm If that’s what we can expect going forward it’s going to be a bl**dy long season

You need to go to Specsavers
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:12 pm

No I’ve just expressed a view about a match I’ve just got home from and to be honest these views seemed to also be those of people sitting close to me basically wash rinse repeat yet again
There was nothing whatsoever in today’s performance to suggest we are any better than last season but I guess ifollow gives a better view than attending a game
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:20 pm

No I’ve just expressed a view about a match I’ve just got home from and to be honest these views seemed to also be those of people sitting close to me basically wash rinse repeat yet again
There was nothing whatsoever in today’s performance to suggest we are any better than last season but I guess ifollow gives a better view than attending a game
No, on iFollow it was the same.
You could watch on Mr Eisner's Disney channel and it would be the same.
But hey, it could all come good next week.
almondsbury
Alan Biley
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by almondsbury »

Milton End wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:14 pm In case anyone else is interested....I am unable to attend 29th July Saturday friendly against Bristol City - rail strike, etc. But I have been able to buy a video match pass on the PFC website for £5. Hopefully, the technology will work...
Any idea how to watch the ifollow coverage post-match? I purchased the ifollow match pass, only because it said the full match would still be available to watch until the pass expires tomorrow. Not been able to find any way of accessing the game, even with my two teen kids checking I'm not getting it wrong.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Normally next day you get a choice of highlights or extended highlights for those with an ifollow pass if that helps
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Dinksy wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:28 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:20 pm

No, on iFollow it was the same.
You could watch on Mr Eisner's Disney channel and it would be the same.
But hey, it could all come good next week.
My daughter could not attend today but without any input from me my teenage granddaughter sent her a WhatsApp message basically saying strap yourself in for another mid table season we are no better than last year
From the mouth of babes!
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I thought a lot of our positive play came through Scully today...
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:49 pm I thought a lot of our positive play came through Scully today...
Actually despite my opinion about the game in general I did make that same point but guess that’s just me being a half empty sort of person
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:58 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:49 pm I thought a lot of our positive play came through Scully today...
Actually despite my opinion about the game in general I did make that same point but guess that’s just me being a half empty sort of person
Not disputing anything... Other than maybe glass half empty. I think miserable ****** might be better!
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

I watched on iFollow - not too worried about the result, thought that we did ok but in the first half did lack creativity. Thought Poole and Shangnessy looked good and Whyte/Scully improved in the second half. When the full backs pushed forwards we looked much better. Certainly a solid performance against a Championship team.