Olyuwemi and Hewitt-White leave on loan

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Olyuwemi and Hewitt-White leave on loan

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Olyuwemi has gone to Chelmsford until January and Hewitt-White has gone on loan for the season at Havant & Waterlooville.

Not sure if both are eligible to play in the EFL Trophy?

I think it is interesting that Hewitt-White has gone to H&W on loan for the season. I can this this loan will benefit him because he can train with Pompey first team regularly and still get out and play regularly for H&W. He is only 19yo and hopefully he can get some playing time in the EFL Trophy for Pompey this season too.
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Olyuwemi and Hewitt-White leave on loan

Post by PeteM »

The rules suggest that they are allowed to play in the EFL Trophy while out on loan.

Having watched Jewitt-White a couple of times during his loan spell at Gosport last season (a level below H&W) he looked absolutely miles off being ready for League One. In my opinion he'll need to develop very well during this season at H&W to give himself a chance of a new contract with us. Hope I'm wrong, obviously.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Olyuwemi and Hewitt-White leave on loan

Post by Jack_Tinn »

PeteM wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:18 am The rules suggest that they are allowed to play in the EFL Trophy while out on loan.

Having watched Jewitt-White a couple of times during his loan spell at Gosport last season (a level below H&W) he looked absolutely miles off being ready for League One. In my opinion he'll need to develop very well during this season at H&W to give himself a chance of a new contract with us. Hope I'm wrong, obviously.
appreciate the feedback. Lets hope he develops this season.