Bristol Rovers sold out?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Bristol Rovers sold out?

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Good luck with the recovery there NF.
Yeah, interesting on the move....wife and I were going to head for the sticks and a much more countrified retirement but my heart attack 2 1/2 yrs ago and nah.....living in the burbs near the Emergency room has advantages.
Div III. Call it what it is.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

New Forester wrote: ↑Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:40 pm Thanks for the kind remarks. It’s been a nightmare but just in the last few days a sudden surge forward shows that it has been a great success. A journey that began with a stroke in October immediately reversed followed by the diagnosis of serious heart problems and horrible side effects of drugs since then has led to me be now feeling better than I have done since my mid seventies and very lucky to be around.
One irony. We have decided to rent an apartment in central Guildford before moving there next year to end our days in a town centre within minutes of trains, buses and a wide range of facilities. After 45 glorious years in the Forest with total dependence on cars. Our daughter 5 minutes away. I will be at Fratton in less than an hour and London in 43 minutes. Naturally not that important πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Lived near Guildford for 15 happy years used to get down to FP by car via the A3 so easy. Also by train main line station from Waterloo as you know your close to the Hospital there in times of need.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

New Forester wrote: ↑Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:40 pm Thanks for the kind remarks. It’s been a nightmare but just in the last few days a sudden surge forward shows that it has been a great success. A journey that began with a stroke in October immediately reversed followed by the diagnosis of serious heart problems and horrible side effects of drugs since then has led to me be now feeling better than I have done since my mid seventies and very lucky to be around.
One irony. We have decided to rent an apartment in central Guildford before moving there next year to end our days in a town centre within minutes of trains, buses and a wide range of facilities. After 45 glorious years in the Forest with total dependence on cars. Our daughter 5 minutes away. I will be at Fratton in less than an hour and London in 43 minutes. Naturally not that important πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Pleased to hear you're on the mend New Forester. Sounds like you've come through a very tough time. Good luck in your recovery. :thumb
FatBlueAde
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Post by FatBlueAde »

New Forester wrote: ↑Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:03 pm They are sold out. System not in place to deal with ticket exchange. Phone was answered after 20 mins . My ticket will be sold. Hope to get to a match soon.Just recovering from a rather unpleased few weeks after open heart surgery. Will come by taxi for a while just as soon as I can.
Glad things are heading in the right direction. Hope you make it back to the park soon.
Living in exile thinking Blue
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

New Forester wrote: ↑Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:03 pm They are sold out. System not in place to deal with ticket exchange. Phone was answered after 20 mins . My ticket will be sold. Hope to get to a match soon.Just recovering from a rather unpleased few weeks after open heart surgery. Will come by taxi for a while just as soon as I can.
We always knew you had a big heart πŸ₯°. Hope everything goes well and you have the support you need in your recovery sir.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

I love this place! Could do with a few more cricket discussions during close of football season. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Got lucky on renewal. Moved to North Lower, Block F Row Y seat 122. Back row halfway line one in - perfect for quick getaway. Always up for a chat.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Sorry to hear you`ve not been well (understatement) I sincerely hope you are able to get to most of Pompey`s matches this season :thumb
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

Glad to hear you're on the mend now and hope you're back at Fratton soon :thumb
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

Trust that you are fuly recovered soon and back to see more Pompey wins ...PUP
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Rovers sold their full allocation, should be an amazing atmosphere wish I was there
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:12 pm Rovers sold their full allocation, should be an amazing atmosphere wish I was there
At last the season's here. Everyone who's going enjoy and fingers crossed.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Team:

Norris, Rafferty, Poole, Towler, Ogilvie, Lowery, Pack, Morrell, Whyte, Bishop & Scully As expected
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

0-1 HT

Saydee on for Lowery
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

1-1 FT

Yengi equalised in stoppage time
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

It was good to see supporters standing and not in regimented rows. Looking forward to the Fratton End safe standing work being finished.
Super Matt Macey in goal...