Pompey Sign Alex Robertson on loan from Man City

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Pompey Sign Alex Robertson on loan from Man City

Post by jam tomorrow »

I have read several reports on Alex on the City forum, on the plus side he is highly regarded skillfull player and has huge potential on the negative side we have to see how he can compete in the more physical mens game as he was quoted as being a bit light weight. In terms of loan players my observation is that the best choice of loans go to the Championship, and lower leagues sides have to take what ever is left. These players are usually untried which means they are a gamble, thats why Tino or Camara, Weir were a safer bet if they were a viable option for us. There again Tino and Camara have injury issues so we may be better off with Robertson in the long run? I did hear a complimentary comments on the City site they called Pompey a "Progression Club" which I thought yes we are.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:05 am
Pompey55 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:48 pm Just to clarify why we made this our final signing a couple of quotes from Moushino

“We have others who can play at 10 then listed pretty much everyone but Bishop as that player”

“We had to move on from Anjorin and we had other irons in the fire with Alex and we didn’t want to miss out”

Just to comment now on these 2 Moushino quotes the list of possible players given who he thinks can play at 10 was all our attacking players if he thought this why did he not start with one of them on Saturday only changing it a half time when Lowery was injured

I’m concerned that the language regarding Anjorin suggests that this signing may have been rushed as waiting on Anjorin had seen other potential signings be missed and Robertson may have also been in his way elsewhere if we had not moved
If you listen to his interview he's been on our radar since the end of last season, Perhaps it was decided not to start with 'a ten'.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

https://www.reddit.com/r/MCFC/comments/ ... utm_term=1

I asked on the city subreddit. You can see the responses here.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Sam_Brown wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:12 pm https://www.reddit.com/r/MCFC/comments/ ... utm_term=1

I asked on the city subreddit. You can see the responses here.
Thanks Sam hopefully he seems a good loan “Top Championship Player “will do for us for the time being?
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

The News report that Mousinho went to see Robertson play three times over the last few months. It was therefore a loan evaluated on its merits.

It was not just because we could not obtain the alternative, Anjorin.
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Let us give the Lad a chance before we judge him
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Milton End wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:35 pm The News report that Mousinho went to see Robertson play three times over the last few months. It was therefore a loan evaluated on its merits.

It was not just because we could not obtain the alternative, Anjorin.
Exactly, we might have preferred the other lad, but we weren't prepared to wait forever. So we moved on. Club is dammed if they do, and dammed if they don't.

I think some fans forget that football is a team game on and off the pitch these days switch plenty of irons in the fire and plenty of people working full time on the making the team the best it can be.

Sure I read today we now have 11 scouts rather than 3 for example.... Real show of no ambition...