Your Team vs Exeter

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Your Team vs Exeter

Post by NSRailings »

I think that was as tight as the score says. Dominant in the first half but without creating enough clear cut chances. Exeter improved in the 2nd but we still had threat.

10/10 for effort. Work in progress but very optimistic. Nice goal from the Bish but he still seemed a little isolated. Rafferty very good, Scully good in the first half but faded. Robertson showed potential. Great save from Norris. Crosses and corners need some serious work doing on them! Looks like we have a strong squad :thumb
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

A good professional performance against a team who pretty obviously came for a draw
I’m sorry but who the hell decided that Scully should continue to take set pieces in every match so far his delivery has been rubbish and his overall performances do not in my opinion justify a starting position
Overall no one stood out and we needed a good goal from Bishop to win the points
I would say the Fratton End seems to have suddenly woken up partially due to the return of the drums
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

But for an unbelieveable miss and an unbelievable save we would be sharing the points. A fantastic attacking performance in the first half balanced by a very very nervy final 20 minutes.
Work rate, passing 10/10
Need to work on game management and set pieces.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

First the positives we won a tight game which we wouldn’t of done under Cowley.Impressed with Poole, Rafferty, Robertson Pack and Morrell Ogs and Bish. Norris also won us the points with his late save we deserved the points.

The negatives we should have scored in the first half of dominance and pressure. One of the reasons we didn’t is our corners and crosses were not accurate or dangerous enough. Unlike Exeters which were far better. We also did not see out the game out very well plus JM should have reacted better to all the attacking players sent out in the last 10 minutes. The best crosser of the ball is Rafferty we have two new wingers who should be more than capable of doing that. I think they are our weakest link.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

I reckon a small group of posters here could win us promotion this year😀😀😀
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

New Forester wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:01 am I reckon a small group of posters here could win us promotion this year😀😀😀
There is always room for improvement Bill we just can’t sit on our laurels
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey55 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:02 pm I’m sorry but who the hell decided that Scully should continue to take set pieces in every match so far his delivery has been rubbish and his overall performances do not in my opinion justify a starting position
For once, I find myself 100% agreeing with you 55 :lol: :lol: :lol: