Team for Cheltenham

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Team for Cheltenham

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

phat_chris wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:30 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:46 pm OK that is me done with this forum just felt the need to kick back against the happy clappers
As far as rage quit tantrums go, I'd only rate this as average L1 level.
A bit Cheltenham Town.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:46 pm OK that is me done with this forum just felt the need to kick back against the happy clappers
You’ve said this before and you were back within three days. See you next week 👌

Seriously though it seems to my ignorant eyes you pin waaaaay too much of your happiness into whether Portsmouth win or lose.

We all love the club on here and obviously a win makes my day better and a loss is a bit of a bummer but then I move on and do something else. I hope you find something fulfilling to spend your time off the site doing.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:12 pm
jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:54 pm
Pompeypete73 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:46 pm Sparkes and Kamara coning on, great call!
Yeah Scully and Whyte are not delivering despite their previous track records
They have not delivered all season but we still start them
All season? It only started a couple of weeks ago!
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

If I can't attend I'll watch FourNilWrittenAllOverIt to get an idea of the performance etc. And JM's post match interviews are pretty honest. A long way to go yet.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
farehamblue
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by farehamblue »

Three home games this season P3 W1 D2 L0 F2 A0 Pts 5
Last season against same teams P3 W3 D0 L0 F9 A1 Pts 9
Early season I know but we should be matching last seasons results. Recruitment in my view having watched last two home games is that whilst we have recruited well defensively our wide players Sulley, and Whyte in particular along with Kamara and Sparks have not shown they are first eleven players. Robinson is young and hasn’t played a lot of first team football but I think will improve. I think Bishop needs better service and support if he’s going to score a similar number of goals to last season and a change in formation is needed, at least at home. I think we should go with Norris in goal, a back three of Poole, Shaunnacy, and Raggett or Towley. Wing backs with Rafferty or Swanson and Ogilvie. Defensive midfielders in Morrell and Pack, Robinson (as a number 10) behind two front players in Bishop and Saddee. Thoughts
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

farehamblue wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:28 am Three home games this season P3 W1 D2 L0 F2 A0 Pts 5
Early season I know but we should be matching last seasons results. Recruitment in my view having watched last two home games is that whilst we have recruited well defensively our wide players Sulley, and Whyte in particular along with Kamara and Sparks have not shown they are first eleven players. Robinson is young and hasn’t played a lot of first team football but I think will improve. I think Bishop needs better service and support if he’s going to score a similar number of goals to last season and a change in formation is needed, at least at home. I think we should go with Norris in goal, a back three of Poole, Shaunnacy, and Raggett or Towley. Wing backs with Rafferty or Swanson and Ogilvie. Defensive midfielders in Morrell and Pack, Robinson (as a number 10) behind two front players in Bishop and Saddee. Thoughts
Against should read 1. We conceded v BR.
farehamblue
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by farehamblue »

I stand corrected. 👍
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

farehamblue wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:28 am Three home games this season P3 W1 D2 L0 F2 A0 Pts 5
I do wonder whether we have the capabilities within the current team to break down teams that come to Fratton and park the bus, or indeed even if we change our formation? I think Robertson will get better but in the meantime we need a replacement for Lowery and Yengi will be out for a while. So we should bring in an experienced number 8 that will hopefully play alongside Bishop and hopefully help score goals? We also need cover for Robertson anyway or Robertson to cover for the new introduction as he would be the main player.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

If playing 2 upfront gurentees goals everyone would do it. I don't think it would have mattered how many we played up front on days like yesterday, which we will have more of over the course of the season.

We had chances to win, the game yesterday one or even two nil. Had we done that we would be sat top of the league... Fine margins and all that.

It was a frustrating result, but it's early days in the season and we are looking alright at the moment, and we are also above many of those clubs who were supposed to be making great signings and really going for it... Imagine the doom and gloom they must be feeling.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

We haven't added goals to the squad. We lost Piggott, Jacobs and Scarlett, Dale who contributed in double figures and now have Saydee, Robertson, White, Scully, Yengi and Kamara who may or may not replace those goals. We finished 40 goals behind Ipswich last season, 21 and 20 respectably behind Plymouth and Sheff Wed. Beating Orient 4-0 doesn't really mean anything because they defended like a pub team. Look at Cheltenham yesterday...couldn't break them down. Recruitment has been decent but the two wide players have been disappointing so far.
Maybe we should put a bid in for Johnson Clarke-Harris. Definitely need another left winger and possibly attacking midfielder imho.