Barnsley Game PPD

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Barnsley Game PPD

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Pompey have had at least three players called up for the international weekend and so have postponed the game vs Barnsley on Sat 9th Sept

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/202 ... eOueNRZLF0
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Barnsley Game PPD

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Not unexpected... Two years on spin we should have played them in September... Two years on the spin Barnsley have been in poor form when due to play them.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Rearranged for Tuesday 19th September 19:45.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

glad that the game can be rescheduled so quickly.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I can`t find which 3 Players have been called up for International Duty
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:19 am I can`t find which 3 Players have been called up for International Duty
Squads haven't been announced yet. I assume the club have been told up front?
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:19 am I can`t find which 3 Players have been called up for International Duty

Whyte is one.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

So far only Whyte has received an international call up for Northern Ireland no Lane due to recent injury and we wouldn't miss Whyte. anyway on his current performances in my view
It will be interesting to see who else could be called up Morrell is suspended for competitive games so can't see him being in the Wales squad and guess that leaves Robertson can't think of anyone else

I would like to see the club explain if this is it why they jumped the gun and asked for the postponement unless it was Barnsley not us which is not how it was explained on the club website
To be honest even if it's just Whyte and Robertson I can not see that on current form and team selection it would diminish the quality of the team.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:39 pm So far only Whyte has received an international call up for Northern Ireland no Lane due to recent injury and we wouldn't miss Whyte. anyway on his current performances in my view
It will be interesting to see who else could be called up Morrell is suspended for competitive games so can't see him being in the Wales squad and guess that leaves Robertson can't think of anyone else

I would like to see the club explain if this is it why they jumped the gun and asked for the postponement unless it was Barnsley not us which is not how it was explained on the club website
To be honest even if it's just Whyte and Robertson I can not see that on current form and team selection it would diminish the quality of the team.
It was us - because we had the three players called up. I suspect it will be Devlin, Robertson potentially Morrell as they have a competitive game and a friendly. Maybe even Poole.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:43 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:39 pm So far only Whyte has received an international call up for Northern Ireland no Lane due to recent injury and we wouldn't miss Whyte. anyway on his current performances in my view

It was us - because we had the three players called up. I suspect it will be Devlin, Robertson potentially Morrell as they have a competitive game and a friendly. Maybe even Poole.
I forgot about Devlin and would be surprised if it includes Poole although he probably deserves it
However unless Morrell. and Poole are called up I can't see any good reason to postpone it
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:00 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:43 pm

I forgot about Devlin and would be surprised if it includes Poole although he probably deserves it
However unless Morrell. and Poole are called up I can't see any good reason to postpone it
You have to have three called up to postpone it - and the club obviously had an indication that was going to be the case. As I'm sure they would get into bother otherwise.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Joe Morrell called up to.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Terry Devlin
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Paddy Lane replacing the injured Gavin Whyte.