Stevenage

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Stevenage

Post by eltorrro »

Rafferty and their captain sent off for violent conduct. 3 game ban!!
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Just got home and saw two players sent off at the same time. What the hell happened?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Post by past memories »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:29 pm Just got home and saw two players sent off at the same time. What the hell happened?
Suitcases.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Injured ref again 👀
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

0-0 FT
New record for Pompey 16 League games undefeated
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:08 pm 0-0 FT
And another clean sheet.
Umm......yay.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

My god, is this our promotion challenging team that's had most of the summer to get to know each other? Where have they been...in the ****** pub?

How about we get a proper football manager in, one that likes to ATTACK teams and score goals because this current idiot is clearly incapable of that. How many defensive players do we want in the first 11? How many players who can't hit a ****** barn door when in front of goal. How many ****** corners are we going to put in? How often are we going to mis-control or play terrible passes? I'm done with this season already. Moushino out! He's proved we can draw games...not ****** good enough. Get rid.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Betelgeuse »

Betelgeuse wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:18 pm My god, is this our promotion challenging team that's had most of the summer to get to know each other? Where have they been...in the ****** pub?

How about we get a proper football manager in, one that likes to ATTACK teams and score goals because this current idiot is clearly incapable of that. How many defensive players do we want in the first 11? How many players who can't hit a ****** barn door when in front of goal. How many ****** corners are we going to put in? How often are we going to mis-control or play terrible passes? I'm done with this season already. Moushino out! He's proved we can draw games...not ****** good enough. Get rid.

If anyone had the misfortune to watch that dirge then you could see we are absolutely miles off. It was almost unbearable to watch.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Dinksy wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:13 pm
BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:08 pm 0-0 FT
And another clean sheet.
Umm......yay.
And the only undefeated Team in League One
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

For the record. I was not around during the previous record run. I don’t think…
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times

Post by Dinksy »

New Forester wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:41 pm For the record. I was not around during the previous record run. I don’t think…
Huh! Call yourself a fan?!
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Betelgeuse »

We haven't added goals to the squad. We lost Piggott, Jacobs and Scarlett, Dale who contributed in double figures and now have Saydee, Robertson, White, Scully, Yengi and Kamara who may or may not replace those goals. We finished 40 goals behind Ipswich last season, 21 and 20 respectably behind Plymouth and Sheff Wed. Beating Orient 4-0 doesn't really mean anything because they defended like a pub team. Look at Cheltenham yesterday...couldn't break them down. Recruitment has been decent but the two wide players have been disappointing so far.
Maybe we should put a bid in for Johnson Clarke-Harris. Definitely need another left winger and possibly attacking midfielder imho.

I wrote this after the Cheltenham game....I stand by it, other than the opposition was different.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Betelgeuse wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:18 pm My god, is this our promotion challenging team that's had most of the summer to get to know each other? Where have they been...in the ****** pub?

By my count 5. A goalkeeper and a back four.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

I hope JM takes the few days left in the transfer window to bring in a quality proven goal scoring attacker who can make the difference from a having another also ran season into we will be up there one. We desperately need an experienced loan or permanent player that has the nouse to play in this division in other words not another youngster.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:39 pm I hope JM takes the few days left in the transfer window to bring in a quality proven goal scoring attacker who can make the difference from a having another also ran season into we will be up there one. We desperately need an experienced loan or permanent player that has the nouse to play in this division in other words not another youngster.
But who fits that bill that would come?