Any more Incoming?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Any more Incoming?

Post by jam tomorrow »

Deadline day do you believe that’s it or is there any more incoming? My hunch is there will be especially if Denver goes.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Any more Incoming?

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I don't think we will see much movement tomorrow - I think we might terminate Humes contract if he has nothing by the end of the window tomorrow.

I think the only way we get someone else in is of one of our targets becomes available and we think it's now or never.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

If think that getting shot of Hume was already factored into the equation and my impression is we only went for Anjorin because of the injuries to Yengi and Lowery plus the fact Chelsea had to change their plans to send him to Holland due to EUFA rules
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:31 pm I don't think we will see much movement tomorrow - I think we might terminate Humes contract if he has nothing by the end of the window tomorrow.

I think the only way we get someone else in is of one of our targets becomes available and we think it's now or never.
I thought the window closes tonight unless I’m mistaken?
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:31 pm I don't think we will see much movement tomorrow - I think we might terminate Humes contract if he has nothing by the end of the window tomorrow.

I totally agree with this.

I wouldn't be adverse though to Pompey holding on to Hume until January in case of an injury to Sparkes for example and it would probably cost the club the same to pay him up and terminate his contract as it would be to reassess the situation in January. It comes down to what is in Pompey's best interest for the next four-five months.

I would be surprised if there was another signing in the works for Pompey with just over 24hrs to go. It would have to be something as you say that the club just couldn't say no to.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

jam tomorrow wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:50 pm

no 11pm tomorrow: 1st September
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:00 pm
jam tomorrow wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:50 pm

no 11pm tomorrow: 1st September
Oh ok thanks
-- Diane Johnson
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Re Hume going I’m still not convinced that Sparkes is a good enough standby if Oggie gets injured. Is Hume a better defender also the jury is still out on Schofield if Norris gets injured. They are the positions that we look weak in to me but if we looking for more goals someone like Kyle Edwards is still available.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:13 pm Re Hume going I’m still not convinced that Sparkes is a good enough standby if Oggie gets injured. Is Hume a better defender also the jury is still out on Schofield if Norris gets injured. They are the positions that we look weak in to me but if we looking for more goals someone like Kyle Edwards is still available.
Why Kyle Edwards? Didn't go too much for Ipswich last season did he?
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:32 pm
jam tomorrow wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:13 pm Re Hume going I’m still not convinced that Sparkes is a good enough standby if Oggie gets injured. Is Hume a better defender also the jury is still out on Schofield if Norris gets injured. They are the positions that we look weak in to me but if we looking for more goals someone like Kyle Edwards is still available.
Why Kyle Edwards? Didn't go too much for Ipswich last season did he?
He’s just a name that’s popped up some Ipswich fans can’t believe he’s not part of their set up and would be a good fit here also a good left winger which we need at the moment
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Maybe not new but listening to Moushino in his snooze interview today it sounded extremely likely that he would like Curtis back for another year once fit
Also he was clear that Curtis couldn’t reach agreement with Cullen it sound to me like a dig at Cullen
Will be interesting to watch developments as at his best he’s better in my view than either Scully or Whyte based on their performances so fat
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:12 pm Maybe not new but listening to Moushino in his snooze interview today it sounded extremely likely that he would like Curtis back for another year once fit
Also he was clear that Curtis couldn’t reach agreement with Cullen it sound to me like a dig at Cullen
Will be interesting to watch developments as at his best he’s better in my view than either Scully or Whyte based on their performances so fat
Depends which Curtis you get.

I think it's been interesting that a number of players have made reference to the dressing room being more together this year than last year... Curtis always seem to do a lot of finger pointing at others.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:37 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:12 pm Maybe not new but listening to Moushino in his snooze interview today it sounded extremely likely that he would like Curtis back for another year once fit
Depends which Curtis you get.

I think it's been interesting that a number of players have made reference to the dressing room being more together this year than last year... Curtis always seem to do a lot of finger pointing at others.
Listening to Moushino he was very complimentary with regard to the positive things Curtis is bringing to the training ground and changing rooms despite him not having a contract
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

I was talking to his cousin last week and she told me he doesn't really want to leave Pompey. He likes the area and, apparently, his partner comes from this area. They have a young child and she thinks that he is a bit upset with the club not backing him during his injury layoff. She hasn't spoken to him for a while as she still lives in Derry (or Londonderry if you are a Unionist supporter or The City to be politically correct). Both her and her husband are 'massive' Manchester United supporters, Derry supporters and any club Ronan plays for.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Blue Walter wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:00 pm

I was talking to his cousin last week and she told me he doesn't really want to leave Pompey. He likes the area and, apparently, his partner comes from this area. They have a young child and she thinks that he is a bit upset with the club not backing him during his injury layoff. She hasn't spoken to him for a while as she still lives in Derry (or Londonderry if you are a Unionist supporter or The City to be politically correct). Both her and her husband are 'massive' Manchester United supporters, Derry supporters and any club Ronan plays for.
Very interesting. Thank you very much for sharing Walter :thumb