Peterborough Predictions.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Peterborough Predictions.

Post by StMonkton »

What a shame we’re so defensive!
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 6 times

Post by meakinsl »

Unfortunately everyone near top bar Oxford also winning so was important to start getting 3 points, looks like going to be a very tight division this year if early points anything to go by, hopefully start of a winning run
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Betelgeuse wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:28 pm Going nowhere this season.
Yep absolute pants, sack jm
Pompeypete73
Collins Mbesuma
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Pompeypete73 »

Red for morell again! We were looking so good
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

meakinsl wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:40 pm Unfortunately everyone near top bar Oxford also winning so was important to start getting 3 points, looks like going to be a very tight division this year if early points anything to go by, hopefully start of a winning run
Pompey have a really tough month of fixtures too: Peterborough (H), Derby (a), Barnsley (a), Lincoln (H) and Wigan (a). Starting that run of games with a win and 3pts would be a great way to start!
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Pompeypete73 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:46 pm Red for morell again! We were looking so good
I was just thinking does Mousinho sub him to protect him - given the tough run of games coming up - or does he trust him to not pick up another yellow.

FFS Morrell. We are 3-1 up at home, and you get sent off in the 85th min. Pompey already have Rafferty suspended already for the next game in two weeks time at Derby as it is. Complete Idiot. That's him out for the Derby game!
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:55 pm
Pompeypete73 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:46 pm Red for morell again! We were looking so good
I was just thinking does Mousinho sub him to protect him - given the tough run of games coming up - or does he trust him to not pick up another yellow.

FFS Morrell. We are 3-1 up at home, and you get sent off in the 85th min. Pompey already have Rafferty suspended already for the next game in two weeks time at Derby as it is. Complete Idiot. That's him out for the Derby game!
I wonder if Paul Warne will be out for it too.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:55 pm

FFS Morrell. That's him out for the Derby game!
Not to worry because Tino will replace him!!
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Well I didn't see that coming...happy to hold my hand up!
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:48 pm
meakinsl wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:40 pm Unfortunately everyone near top bar Oxford also winning so was important to start getting 3 points, looks like going to be a very tight division this year if early points anything to go by, hopefully start of a winning run
Pompey have a really tough month of fixtures too: Peterborough (H), Derby (a), Barnsley (a), Lincoln (H) and Wigan (a). Starting that run of games with a win and 3pts would be a great way to start!
I think they will all be looking at us saying they have a really tough game too.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

3-1 Home win, best goal difference, only undefeated Team in Division & 5th in table . Sack JM
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

I didn't see the game, I fully expected to lose or draw the game after our start but full credit to them for turning it around. Saydee had a lot to do with it I believe. We really need to kick the slow starts into touch though because we'll be punished by better teams.
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Mickemo »

Obv very happy with the win….looked like only team were going to win it after the first 30 mins. As dear old Jimmy Greaves used to say “it’s a funny old game”

Acknowledging that Morrell is making a real effort to avoid picking up unnecessary bookings this season im really disappointed to see yet another Red card. That could be very costly as we have a tough away game against Derby.

At the end of Sept (after 10 games) we will have a better idea of ‘where we are’ as a side.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Betelgeuse wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:51 pm I didn't see the game, I fully expected to lose or draw the game after our start but full credit to them for turning it around. Saydee had a lot to do with it I believe. We really need to kick the slow starts into touch though because we'll be punished by better teams.
Totally agree. We didn't start playing until we went a goal down, only then did we start pressing and got a yard quicker...need that from the start!!

Thought the whole team played well today especially Bishop who battled to the end.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

eltorrro wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:07 pm
Betelgeuse wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:51 pm I didn't see the game, I fully expected to lose or draw the game after our start but full credit to them for turning it around. Saydee had a lot to do with it I believe. We really need to kick the slow starts into touch though because we'll be punished by better teams.
Totally agree. We didn't start playing until we went a goal down, only then did we start pressing and got a yard quicker...need that from the start!!

Thought the whole team played well today especially Bishop who battled to the end.
Thought the whole team played well apart from Whyte yet again and Morrell getting himself needlessly sent off
We have to start Lane not Whyte who brings very little to the team