Peterborough Predictions.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Peterborough Predictions.

Post by phat_chris »

Blue Walter wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:04 am I have had a look at the Morrell sending off incident several times and I am not so sure it is a bookable offence. There wasn't any need for Morrell to get involved in that area of the pitch but he would be expected to make an attempt to get the ball back. With his record, being already booked, the area where the offence took place and with his team winning 3-1 he would have best been advised not got involved. But I wonder whether the tackle got him sent off or his reputation.
It was a definite booking IMO.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Am I right in thinking he only faces a one match ban?
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:01 pm Am I right in thinking he only faces a one match ban?
Believe so. Should be back for Barnsley.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Watching JM's post-match interview I thought it was encouraging that he spoke about tweaking the tactics after 30mins as it wasn't working. Really refreshing to have a manager who is perceptive enough to see the game in this way and bold enough to change it up. I think he's a different quality to Cowley and will be very successful as long as we remain patient.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

PakefieldBlue wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:11 pm Watching JM's post-match interview I thought it was encouraging that he spoke about tweaking the tactics after 30mins as it wasn't working. Really refreshing to have a manager who is perceptive enough to see the game in this way and bold enough to change it up. I think he's a different quality to Cowley and will be very successful as long as we remain patient.
Agree - and he owned up to a mistake as well. Top man.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

I'm going to lay off JM for now. I realise my failing is pure frustration on matchdays which leads me to post at times. We had a great result on Saturday and hopefully we've discovered a winning formula after a few tweeks. I reserve my right to continue posting stuff during games in October...:-)
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Betelgeuse wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:15 am I'm going to lay off JM for now. I realise my failing is pure frustration on matchdays which leads me to post at times. We had a great result on Saturday and hopefully we've discovered a winning formula after a few tweeks. I reserve my right to continue posting stuff during games in October...:-)

You can only post your point of veiw on how you see things. Obviously that veiw may not be to everyone's agreement but I don't see any sense in just posting posts that are just are not what you really think. Some people veiw a post that is not full of eulogies as simply wrong which, apparently, my veiws generally are seen on here. Of course your veiw, or mine, can be wrong just as any point of veiw is on any subject can be. Veiws can often be seen as subjectly wrong or right.

Saturday's game was a game where we could all see the positives, and failings, in an enjoyable way. We deserved to win and the manager and players can take full credit for that. It could have gone the other way but thanks to a couple of bad misses by the Peterborough forwards we got what we deserved. However, it was noticeable that this win was achieved with the kind of football we have been asking for. Some posters on here have been calling for the team to be fielded with more than just the lone striker, a veiw that was seen as wrong by some. We have the makings of a good team, in my veiw, but just lacking that bit of quality that I hoped would come in during the summer. Playing the way we did Saturday bridges that gap to a great degree and more displays like that should give us a decent season.

My advice to you is post your own veiws. Not what others think you should post, but respect opposing opinion.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Betelgeuse wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:15 am I'm going to lay off JM for now. I realise my failing is pure frustration on matchdays which leads me to post at times. We had a great result on Saturday and hopefully we've discovered a winning formula after a few tweeks. I reserve my right to continue posting stuff during games in October...:-)
I understand your frustration and firing from the hip, but I also think at the start of a new season some patience is required.

As you quite rightly point out JM has had 20 odd games but i think you can break that into three epochs.

Initially, he needed to steady the ship and stop the rot. He did that.

Second period he was using the palyers and squad he inherited, which I feel was very unbalanced.

Onto the start of this season, we have had some good results and some mixed results. I think the only real bad one was Cheltenham. Rovers and Stevenage are going well at the moment. We also haven't had it all out own way with a few niggly injuries but this season unlike previous seasons the players coming in don't significantly reduce the quality of the side.

I think we are still in that learning phase at the moment and with a few more good results and momentum we can go on to have a very good season.

As I say, I understand your argument that we had last season but we have very different pieces at play this season. I hope we continue to build on a solid if unspectacular start to the season.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

There is another big plus, on the evidence from Saturday, that I don't think has been mentioned yet is fitness. It must have been hot but the way the team played with so much drive and energy was very impressive. I felt knackered just watching them, especially Saydee, where he chased and harried the Peterborough defence.
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by phat_chris »

Blue Walter wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:45 am

You can only post your point of veiw on how you see things. Obviously that veiw may not be to everyone's agreement but I don't see any sense in just posting posts that are just are not what you really think. Some people veiw a post that is not full of eulogies as simply wrong which, apparently, my veiws generally are seen on here. Of course your veiw, or mine, can be wrong just as any point of veiw is on any subject can be. Veiws can often be seen as subjectly wrong or right.

Saturday's game was a game where we could all see the positives, and failings, in an enjoyable way. We deserved to win and the manager and players can take full credit for that. It could have gone the other way but thanks to a couple of bad misses by the Peterborough forwards we got what we deserved. However, it was noticeable that this win was achieved with the kind of football we have been asking for. Some posters on here have been calling for the team to be fielded with more than just the lone striker, a veiw that was seen as wrong by some. We have the makings of a good team, in my veiw, but just lacking that bit of quality that I hoped would come in during the summer. Playing the way we did Saturday bridges that gap to a great degree and more displays like that should give us a decent season.

My advice to you is post your own veiws. Not what others think you should post, but respect opposing opinion.
In my VIEW your auto correct needs taking out back and shot 😅
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

phat_chris wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:58 am

I don't really know what you mean, please explain.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Blue Walter wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:20 pm

i before e except after c!! VIEW not VEIW is what he means :wink:
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

eltorrro wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:25 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:20 pm

i before e except after c!! VIEW not VEIW is what he means :wink:
Oh I see, thank you. I wonder why my grammar appears to be in the spotlight, although I do know it's not perfect.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

PakefieldBlue wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:11 pm Watching JM's post-match interview I thought it was encouraging that he spoke about tweaking the tactics after 30mins as it wasn't working. Really refreshing to have a manager who is perceptive enough to see the game in this way and bold enough to change it up. I think he's a different quality to Cowley and will be very successful as long as we remain patient.
I've said this about Mous a couple of times previously. He has done this since the start of the season. Cowley was so bl**dy predictable and would always wait until the 60 minute before doing anything, irrespective of how we were playing. A very enjoyable game on Saturday, and that was with a starting line up with no Robertson or Anjorin in it. It's all starting to come together very nicely. So many positives to take away from the game, but the biggest one for me was how much further up the pitch Pack played. He was involved in the build up to all our goals. The negative was that Morrell obviously hasn't learned. He was lucky he was still on the pich when he was given his second yellow as he really should have been given one very early in the game but the ref gave him a stern warning. When he got his second yellow, the ref couldn't have got his card out his pocket any quicker. Peterborough are a very good side that will be right up there at the end of the season.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

I think we should lay off Morrell. He's a quality player and has an edge to his game. Yes he's going to pick up yellows and the odd red but I'd rather have that than not have him at all. His aggressive style is what makes him the player he is.