Peterborough Predictions.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Peterborough Predictions.

Post by jam tomorrow »

I like the way JM got the players up for this game it was important to show we could score goals. Also has done the team moral a world of good knowing they can put it in the onion sack. Results show that Stevenage, Exeter, are not push overs if you look at their results.So we’ve played them and not lost. Sounds as if we were a bit sloppy in defense which we need to sort out. Morrell just can’t himself despite his best efforts. Good job it was towards the end of the match.Saydee has shown he needs to be in the team to put himself about.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 32 times

Post by StMonkton »

As always, let’s see where we are after 10 games, not condemned after20 mins.

If we had managed a goal in one of the draws we’d be top.

Do you see that as positive or negative? ie, are we on the right lines or too defensive to be successful?
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I thought that Saydee was magnificent today and was my man of the match. Harried Peterborough right through the game, and I'm amazed he wasn't knackered by 60 minutes. After a very poor start we then played some good stuff against a decent team.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Be interesting to hear from people who went to the game do you think Swanson played better than Raffs? Although he was wrong footed for their goal. With the exception of Lane for Whyte and say Robertson for Morrell would you keep the same side v Derby?
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

What a pleasure it is to go to a Pompey game and come away thinking it was worth the hassle of going. That was a proper game today and Pompey throughly deserved to win against a decent side. Peterborough will be near the top at the end of the season so it was great to beat them.

For me Saydee was man of the match with the effort he put in. He really is a raw and rough diamond and I think we should have signed him last season when he was here. I don't know how far he can go because his work rate and desire overshadows any skills he may have but, if he does have skillful attributes that can come out he could be some player.

I think the fact we went with two up front cancelled out our inability to create from midfield. As Poole admitted after the game the team played 'slightly' different today and went longer ball. I think the team changed more than slightly and was at it from the start. The work rate and effort with the will to win was there to see.

A good day all round really, although the score from Sunderland was the only disappointment.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:44 pm Be interesting to hear from people who went to the game do you think Swanson played better than Raffs? Although he was wrong footed for their goal. With the exception of Lane for Whyte and say Robertson for Morrell would you keep the same side v Derby?
We thought that overall Swanson was outstanding in particular getting forward on the right
But for me the man of the match could very easily have gone to Saydee or Kamara both who were a constant threat to them
And no Robertson for Morrell is not an option I would want to see both are slightly built but Robertson is to easily pushed of the ball
As we need to replace Morrell I think Stevenson would be the best option again Derby
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Blue Walter wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:52 pm What a pleasure it is to go to a Pompey game and come away thinking it was worth the hassle of going. That was a proper game today and Pompey throughly deserved to win against a decent side. Peterborough will be near the top at the end of the season so it was great to beat them.

For me Saydee was man of the match with the effort he put in. He really is a raw and rough diamond and I think we should have signed him last season when he was here. I don't know how far he can go because his work rate and desire overshadows any skills he may have but, if he does have skillful attributes that can come out he could be some player.

I think the fact we went with two up front cancelled out our inability to create from midfield. As Poole admitted after the game the team played 'slightly' different today and went longer ball. I think the team changed more than slightly and was at it from the start. The work rate and effort with the will to win was there to see.

A good day all round really, although the score from Sunderland was the only disappointment.
I thought we were not 2 up front but 4-2-3-1
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Away from the game what is it with people and their sense of entitlement
As a family we have 4 season tickets and thus 4 reserved seats today we allowed a fan to occupy one of these seats as he found his season ticket seat had been taken be a group who wanted to sit together despite buying separate seats in general sale and refusing to move rather than kicking up a fuss he moved to the nearest empty seat which was our spare one
This is becoming a regular issue normally at away matches but it’s seems it creeping into home games as well I know if was me I would have stood my ground but then I’m bl**dy minded
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:57 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:52 pm What a pleasure it is to go to a Pompey game and come away thinking it was worth the hassle of going. That was a proper game today and Pompey throughly deserved to win against a decent side. Peterborough will be near the top at the end of the season so it was great to beat them.

I thought we were not 2 up front but 4-2-3-1
The way I saw it was Saydee backing up Bishop in the forward positions. He was our battering ram and never gave the Peterborough defence a moments peace and he must have been shattered when he came off, fully deserving the standing ovation he got. He is definitely no midfield player and he played a strikers role. Poole said after the game that they had altered the way we had been playing by going a bit more direct and used the long ball more. He said that way we were finding our front players better, which I fully agree with. In my opinion Pompey fielded two strikers today meaning two up front.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:55 pm
jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:44 pm Be interesting to hear from people who went to the game do you think Swanson played better than Raffs? Although he was wrong footed for their goal. With the exception of Lane for Whyte and say Robertson for Morrell would you keep the same side v Derby?
We thought that overall Swanson was outstanding in particular getting forward on the right
But for me the man of the match could very easily have gone to Saydee or Kamara both who were a constant threat to them
And no Robertson for Morrell is not an option I would want to see both are slightly built but Robertson is to easily pushed of the ball
As we need to replace Morrell I think Stevenson would be the best option again Derby
I turned to the bloke next to me seconds before Kamara scored and said I was disappointed with him, then he scored. He had a hand in the third goal, although I think that it was a wayward shot that found Poole, but if you don't buy a lottery ticket you won't win. Overall I made Saydee man of the match with Kamara just behind him. Swanson had a good game going forward but was caught out a couple of times defensively. He is our future though as Rafferty is the wrong side of 30 and I don't think there is much between them, they are both excellent players at this level.

I think Morrell has a reputation now and treds a fine line in every game he plays in. He doesn't seem to learn and to get sent off with 5 minutes of normal time to go and winning 3-1 seems senseless. However, I do wonder whether he would have been sent off without his reputation going before him.
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

Interesting that there are few reported mentions of Bishop above.

In the BBC radio commentary, Guy Whittingham was full of praise for Bishop, who was not put off by constant aggressive tackling and poor referee protection
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:43 pm I thought that Saydee was magnificent today and was my man of the match. Harried Peterborough right through the game, and I'm amazed he wasn't knackered by 60 minutes. After a very poor start we then played some good stuff against a decent team.
Hopefully Saydee can get more starts as he has massive potential. Our third goal was giddy.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Milton End wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:02 pm Interesting that there are few reported mentions of Bishop above.

In the BBC radio commentary, Guy Whittingham was full of praise for Bishop, who was not put off by constant aggressive tackling and poor referee protection
That's fair comment. I think we are so used to seeing Bishop plough a lone furrow that we become used to it. He is really an old time number 9 in many ways and a gives and takes a battering. Today I think he was getting a bit frustrated with his team mates not closing down at the same time as him. His is a crafty player though and gets away with quite a bit himself but I think he is the best all round number 9 we have had for years. Today he had another good game and it was noticeable that he was complaining to the ref that his shirt was being grabbed while he was scoring his goal.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

I have had a look at the Morrell sending off incident several times and I am not so sure it is a bookable offence. There wasn't any need for Morrell to get involved in that area of the pitch but he would be expected to make an attempt to get the ball back. With his record, being already booked, the area where the offence took place and with his team winning 3-1 he would have best been advised not got involved. But I wonder whether the tackle got him sent off or his reputation.