Team for Cambridge

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Team for Cambridge

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Morrison felt he could get a reaction - maybe they didn't get on last season.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

But to be fair to Morrison, he got straight up and didn't roll around.
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:36 am
Selsey Bill wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:52 pm
PakefieldBlue wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:23 pm running that far to push Morrison (who didn't seem to be doing anything that wrong). Lucky to not see red.
Disagree. Thought Morrison was being a complete See You, he definitely knew what he was doing, and then fell like a deck of cards. I've changed my tune about Morrell. I love his attitude. Think he is a great skipper, we need more with his attitude in our team
Being just behind the goal when it happened Morrison was definitely trying to first get Kamara and the Morrell sent off. There was no way Morrell could push him over it looked like a midget up against a giant he just confronted him
Can anyone clear up the situation regarding the booking my granddaughter who seems to know every statistic immediately said he's suspended for the Reading game it's his fifth game sixth booking this season does the earlier suspension reset the count or will he be suspended again?
If so then it could give Stevenson his opportunity
My view on the game was that we dominated without really looking like scoring and they offered very little with Oxford losing its a good point at this time of the season ( late posting as we only got home at 0200)
We can't expect to win every match and win at home draw away is the recipe for promotion
In terms of the suspension, I don't think Morrell is suspended for the Reading game. The two bookings he got in the same game (Peterborough I think) don't count for his number of yellow cards in terms of reaching a suspension, so he's on 4 for now as far as I can see. So it isn't that it gets reset, just that if you get sent off for two yellows that just counts as a red card and you serve that suspension in the next game.

Other teams know that Morrell has a head loss in him, so will try and provoke him and get him to react (and possibly play on his reputation with officials).
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

PeteM wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:59 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:36 am
Selsey Bill wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:52 pm
PakefieldBlue wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:23 pm running that far to push Morrison (who didn't seem to be doing anything that wrong). Lucky to not see red.
Disagree. Thought Morrison was being a complete See You, he definitely knew what he was doing, and then fell like a deck of cards. I've changed my tune about Morrell. I love his attitude. Think he is a great skipper, we need more with his attitude in our team
Being just behind the goal when it happened Morrison was definitely trying to first get Kamara and the Morrell sent off. There was no way Morrell could push him over it looked like a midget up against a giant he just confronted him
Can anyone clear up the situation regarding the booking my granddaughter who seems to know every statistic immediately said he's suspended for the Reading game it's his fifth game sixth booking this season does the earlier suspension reset the count or will he be suspended again?
If so then it could give Stevenson his opportunity
My view on the game was that we dominated without really looking like scoring and they offered very little with Oxford losing its a good point at this time of the season ( late posting as we only got home at 0200)
We can't expect to win every match and win at home draw away is the recipe for promotion
In terms of the suspension, I don't think Morrell is suspended for the Reading game. The two bookings he got in the same game (Peterborough I think) don't count for his number of yellow cards in terms of reaching a suspension, so he's on 4 for now as far as I can see. So it isn't that it gets reset, just that if you get sent off for two yellows that just counts as a red card and you serve that suspension in the next game.

Other teams know that Morrell has a head loss in him, so will try and provoke him and get him to react (and possibly play on his reputation with officials).
Thanks for clearing that up does mean he is still walking a tightrope until the next reset and as you say other teams know he has a short fuse
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

As he is Captain of Pompey at the moment he has the status to be able to talk to the Referee
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man