Team v Reading

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 386 times
Been liked: 61 times

Re: Team v Reading

Post by GreenBlue »

A third of the season and still unbeaten. That means 2/3rds of the teams in the division have played us but failed to beat us. Can't be too unhappy with that.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

:thumb
Super Matt Macey in goal...
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Milton End wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:31 pm
BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:13 pm
Milton End wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:59 pm For me, what was most impressive was that we were able to ring the squad changes - for example, teenager Devlin's first full game and he scores. The experienced Kamara and Saydee coming on as substitutes. We would never have managed that last season.
Unfortunately the substitutions did not work Saydee was appalling, Kamara couldn`t get into it as a Right Winger. Whyte was a little better but not a lot. We made it un-necessarily difficult for ourselves in the final 15 minutes plus add on time
Thanks - your view did not really come across in the BBC Radio commentary. But that does not mean that you're wrong.

Certainly, it seemed that we had some obvious defensive lapses during the first half of the game - not really the fault of Kamara or Saydee.

Overall, it was my impression that Norris kept us in the game towards the end. Not quite sure why we had these defensive problems: maybe someone at the game can explain?
I was watching the match on IFollow and that is the conclusion I made with my own eyes!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:30 pm Great result but can’t understand why we have poor lapses in our defence and we have to come from behind?
Because we are Pompey and that's what we do
To be honest even at 2-0 we were not worried as we had out played them apart from a few poor defensive cock ups
Bit annoyed I went to the bar and missed the equaliser
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Extended highlights:

Super Matt Macey in goal...
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

NSRailings wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:44 am Extended highlights:

Awesome
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

No stopping this team, how many games is that coming back from behind? Outstanding. JM is totally in control and is the best manager we've had since Cook, maybe before him too.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Betelgeuse wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:21 am No stopping this team, how many games is that coming back from behind? Outstanding. JM is totally in control and is the best manager we've had since Cook, maybe before him too.
Agreed definitely a left field decision that has proved successful together with most of the bargain basement players. JM knows exactly how to get the best out of players and the team.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Quite a few of the players have credited Zesh with doing a fair bit of 1-2-1 training - it feels like there is a real togetherness and a real desire amongst everyone at the club to be the best they can be in everything that they are doing.

Feels like there is a real team spirit building and a connection forming with the fans.

Even the loan players have bought into the club.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Well, that was an emotional rollercoaster of a ride. We have a very special group of players right now who show tremendous strength of character and this long running spell without losing is a testament to that. Alex Robertson is far too good for this level and absolutely bossed midfield until he got booked. His cross field pass to Sparkes for him to set up the winner with yet another superb cross was sublime. Added to this, Morrell was excellent, along with Lane, Devlin and Bishop. And then there was Norris, who yet again pulled off two fantastic saves late on. Our two centre backs, however, were not at their best, especially in that first half hour. The biggest disappointment of the day for me were Kamara and Saydee. Both were seriously poor when they came on, and helped make the last 20 minutes or so very uncomfortable viewing. Finally hats off to Mous, who's selection of Tino and Devlin paid off.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Still got a few players to come back to fitness too.
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 6 times

Post by meakinsl »

Thanks for that, didn’t realise they had an open goal miss for a third, I think trying to protect an unbeaten run helps with extra push so long may it continue
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

meakinsl wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:46 pm

Thanks for that, didn’t realise they had an open goal miss for a third, I think trying to protect an unbeaten run helps with extra push so long may it continue
As I said last night Norris was lucky their player jumped over his “tackle” as otherwise he would have been sent off
As with Bishop he is one player we can’t replace Scofield is crap having seen him in the pointless games he has played in