Liam Manning

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Liam Manning

Post by Betelgeuse »

Going to Bristol City.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Liam Manning

Post by Jack_Tinn »

post tense - gone to Bristol City

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67333709
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Oxford fans not impressed. Not one word about the club in his exit.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Not much in loyalty these days. Does this mean Oxford will try for Mousinho? Will they go for for the Cowley's? Will Oxford's form be affected? Do fairies really live at the bottom of the garden?
Pompeyyellows
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Pompeyyellows »

I don't think we will go for Mous. That ship sailed when we didn't sack Robinson at the right time. I really hope that we don't go in for the Cowley's either. Will it affect us? i hope not. Only time will tell on that 1. As for fairies? i'll leave that 1 for you all to discuss. lol
Who knows who we will get, hopefully someone who will push us on for the rest of this season and have us challenging for the auto's, but its going to be tough. There are a few teams that have started to look good now, especially Bolton.
Good luck for the rest of the season. Theres nothing i'd like more than seeing both of us promoted this season.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-07 at 17.31.49_d68710c8.jpg
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompeyyellows wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:09 am I don't think we will go for Mous. That ship sailed when we didn't sack Robinson at the right time. I really hope that we don't go in for the Cowley's either. Will it affect us? i hope not. Only time will tell on that 1. As for fairies? i'll leave that 1 for you all to discuss. lol
Who knows who we will get, hopefully someone who will push us on for the rest of this season and have us challenging for the auto's, but its going to be tough. There are a few teams that have started to look good now, especially Bolton.
Good luck for the rest of the season. Theres nothing i'd like more than seeing both of us promoted this season.

Whoever takes up the reigns will be inheriting a successful team. Oxford seem to be on the up so I would think it will be a good job for someone.

I won't pretend that I know much of what is going on at Oxford but Manning doesn't seem to have shown the clubs supporters, players and the club in general much respect. Is taking on Bristol City that much of a step up? Obviously they are in a higher league and, possibly, more money to spend but is it really that much of a move up for him. I would have thought what he was building at Oxford with the possibility of promotion would have been enough of a pull to stay.
Pompeyyellows
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Pompeyyellows »

Blue Walter wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:09 pm
Pompeyyellows wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:09 am I don't think we will go for Mous. That ship sailed when we didn't sack Robinson at the right time. I really hope that we don't go in for the Cowley's either. Will it affect us? i hope not. Only time will tell on that 1. As for fairies? i'll leave that 1 for you all to discuss. lol

Whoever takes up the reigns will be inheriting a successful team. Oxford seem to be on the up so I would think it will be a good job for someone.

I won't pretend that I know much of what is going on at Oxford but Manning doesn't seem to have shown the clubs supporters, players and the club in general much respect. Is taking on Bristol City that much of a step up? Obviously they are in a higher league and, possibly, more money to spend but is it really that much of a move up for him. I would have thought what he was building at Oxford with the possibility of promotion would have been enough of a pull to stay.

Money talks. rumour says he was offered north of £750,000 per annum and a 3.5 year contract.
Manning didn't even say thanks and good bye to the players.
Your right about Brizzle though, are they a step up? maybe at this present time but in a couple of years time who knows.
Pompeyyellows
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Pompeyyellows »

Selsey Bill wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:26 pm WhatsApp Image 2023-11-07 at 17.31.49_d68710c8.jpg
Spot on with this
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

trouble is we don't know what is going on off the pitch. They are looking to build a new stadium after their landlords decided not to do any more works on the current stadium. How much that is going to impact on the playing budget we just don't know. everyone know there is no such thing as loyalty in football anymore, I just wish that more players and managers would be open about it.
Did make me chuckle at the weekend when the commentator said that cook would be fondly remembered mmmm i will only ever leave for Liverpool job, unless of course the Wigan job comes up in 2 weeks. found it strange that the commentator said it given that he was Sam Matterface who at that time would have still been commentating for Express FM on Pompey games
Pompeyyellows
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Pompeyyellows »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:30 pm

trouble is we don't know what is going on off the pitch. They are looking to build a new stadium after their landlords decided not to do any more works on the current stadium. How much that is going to impact on the playing budget we just don't know. everyone know there is no such thing as loyalty in football anymore, I just wish that more players and managers would be open about it.
Did make me chuckle at the weekend when the commentator said that cook would be fondly remembered mmmm i will only ever leave for Liverpool job, unless of course the Wigan job comes up in 2 weeks. found it strange that the commentator said it given that he was Sam Matterface who at that time would have still been commentating for Express FM on Pompey games
The only loyal people in football are the fans
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:30 pm

Matterface left long before then. Around the time we were relegated from the PL iirc. He commentated for The Quay Radio st who went roughly the same time as we went down. EFM took over with Dave "Bunky" Bowers amongst others commentating.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Sam Matterface left the Quay in 2007
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Selsey Bill wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:01 pm Sam Matterface left the Quay in 2007
Cheers Selsey Bill. So even earlier than I remembered.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

pompeygunner wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:26 am
Selsey Bill wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:01 pm Sam Matterface left the Quay in 2007
Cheers Selsey Bill. So even earlier than I remembered.
wow doesnt seem that long ago, thanks for putting me straight