Your Team vs Charlton

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Re: Your Team vs Charlton

Post by Blue Walter »

jam tomorrow wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:32 am
NSRailings wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:37 am BW I think you're taking things too personally. Just because someone quotes you doesn't necessarily mean they're attacking you. It's a just a way to continue the subject and put a view across.
Agree but I see where BW is coming from on this subject he feels Norris is not good enough for a team chasing promotion. You either agree with him or not it’s a matter of opinion. My view is that our two goal keepers weren’t the best of choices. I think we panicked when we realised we couldn’t afford Macey.You can’t expect JM to admit they’ve cocked up. They are a weak link in this successful squad. I hope I’m wrong PUP
Thank you, you summed up my position perfectly.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

What no one seems to have picked up is that their second goal originated from a throw near the half way line on the north stand side that clearly was a Pompey throw, but that was given to Charlton. It was right in front of me and came off one of their players. Annoying.

On the subject of Norris, we could do a hell of a lot worse IMO. Up until 10 days ago he has been right up there as one of our best players, part of the spine of a very good team, with a distribution that is second to none, some excellent commanding of his box, and some wonderful saves. I do wonder whether the loss of Regan Poole in front of him has slightly dented his confidence?
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

NSRailings wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:37 am BW I think you're taking things too personally. Just because someone quotes you doesn't necessarily mean they're attacking you. It's a just a way to continue the subject and put a view across.
No, I don't think it is a matter of taking things too personally. I have given my views on the subject, which is not a lot different to others on this thread. What does irk me a bit is posters telling me some of what I have already said in a way of differing with my views. Maybe my view that I don't think Norris is a good enough goalkeeper for the level we operate at is debatable but that is, obviously, down to opinions in which I might well be wrong or right.

As I have said I am fully aware there are other factors, or mistakes, that led up to this particular goal against us but I still think the keeper's mistake in this instance was the biggest preventable one.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Selsey Bill wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:11 am What no one seems to have picked up is that their second goal originated from a throw near the half way line on the north stand side that clearly was a Pompey throw, but that was given to Charlton. It was right in front of me and came off one of their players. Annoying.

On the subject of Norris, we could do a hell of a lot worse IMO. Up until 10 days ago he has been right up there as one of our best players, part of the spine of a very good team, with a distribution that is second to none, some excellent commanding of his box, and some wonderful saves. I do wonder whether the loss of Regan Poole in front of him has slightly dented his confidence?
I did mention the throw in before but I still think the final act of the goal was the telling one. I have no doubt that with Poole missing it would infringe on the understanding built-up between central defence and goalkeeper. Most of the season Norris has played with Poole & Shaughnessy and will have built up an understanding between them. I can't think of a game where Norris has been the single most reason why we haven't lost or making any 'wonder' saves. He has made good saves and even played well in some games but there is always that feeling a mistake is not too far away. I think that the goalkeeping area is one that wasn't well recruited in the summer. The other was the striker position where our only back up is untried and inexperienced players for this level.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Hey guys nothing in this world is perfect every one of us has off days as long as JM is happy and we continue being at the top why worry. We have got the makings of a good team okay some players we could improve on but these players are playing well and knocking out results. Long May it continue next game Blackpool let’s hope we grab plenty of goals and Norris keeps a clean sheet.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

jam tomorrow wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:41 pm Hey guys nothing in this world is perfect every one of us has off days as long as JM is happy and we continue being at the top why worry. We have got the makings of a good team okay some players we could improve on but these players are playing well and knocking out results. Long May it continue next game Blackpool let’s hope we grab plenty of goals and Norris keeps a clean sheet.
:thumb Just want to get promoted no matter what our final position is. Champions would be the best obviously.
Super Matt Macey in goal...