Times article

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Sawbo Blue
Robbie Pethick
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Times article

Post by Sawbo Blue »

I read on the BBC gossip section that there's an article in the Times today (behind a pay wall) that a serious breach of agency rules is now being investigated in a transfer between Pompey and Spurs involving Defoe.

Anyone got access and can give more detail?
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Times article

Post by eltorrro »

Apparently, as I read it, both Spurs and Pompey used unregistered agents when conducting the transfer which is against the rules and can (still) be penalised by a hefty fine, deduction of points or even relegation if deemed necessary. :roll:
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ation.html

this report suggests that the allegations about using an unregistered agent only involve Spurs. Although the article says Harry was allegedly involved too but says he was Spurs manager at the time and I don't think that he was.

More importantly the article says that a disciplinary panel heard the matter in 2010 and decided no action against any club was required. The FA are saying they could re-open the matter ONLY if new evidence came to light that changed the matter materially.

on that basis this looks like paper speculation following on the footsteps of Everton being punished ....during an international break when content is required .....
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I`ve read the article and it seems that Spurs are the more culpable in dealing through a third party who then dealt with the unlicenced Agent. It would appear that Harry spoke with the unlicenced Agent but all the dealings would have been done through Peter Storrie. There appears to be no contact between Storrie and the unlicenced Guy. It was nearly 16 years ago and we have had numerous changes of ownerships since 2008. Not Guilty Guv!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Could you also argue that since we already went into administration... twice... it would not apply to us anyway? I can't remember if effectively the previous PFC was wound up and another with the same name created or if it's still legally considered the same club from pre administration days?

Either way finding it weird \ frustrating all these things coming out on smaller clubs while City as still siting pretty with over 100 alleged breaches and nothing happening to them to date. Unless they are trying to show that they are consistent on punishing clubs before they go for City?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:54 am I`ve read the article and it seems that Spurs are the more culpable in dealing through a third party who then dealt with the unlicenced Agent. It would appear that Harry spoke with the unlicenced Agent but all the dealings would have been done through Peter Storrie. There appears to be no contact between Storrie and the unlicenced Guy. It was nearly 16 years ago and we have had numerous changes of ownerships since 2008. Not Guilty Guv!

Yes but the FA form of justice is to wait until all guilty parties have left the respective clubs and then punish everyone that had nothing to do with any wrong doings.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:54 am I`ve read the article and it seems that Spurs are the more culpable in dealing through a third party who then dealt with the unlicenced Agent. It would appear that Harry spoke with the unlicenced Agent but all the dealings would have been done through Peter Storrie. There appears to be no contact between Storrie and the unlicenced Guy. It was nearly 16 years ago and we have had numerous changes of ownerships since 2008. Not Guilty Guv!
Harry dealing with a dodgy agent ?? surely not, he is honest as they come :thumb

was Mr Mackay still licenced at that point??
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

But, no-one knew anything about it at the club, I'm pretty sure that was all dealt with by redknap's dog.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.