Season ticket waiting list

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Season ticket waiting list

Post by Pompey55 »

All 500 half season tickets have been sold taking the total season ticket holders to 15000
The club have now started a waiting list for when seats become available at a cost of £40 on first come first served basis
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Season ticket waiting list

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Hopefully that bridge gets sorted soon.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

I never thought about getting a ST before but judging how hard it is getting away games I’m almost tempted to buy one next year just so I can and try and sell the tickets I can’t get to the home games for.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:12 pm I never thought about getting a ST before but judging how hard it is getting away games I’m almost tempted to buy one next year just so I can and try and sell the tickets I can’t get to the home games for.
I nearly bought a half season ticket knowing that I can probably only got to 2 or 3 more home games this season, but I decided that I was just depriving others of going to games because I can afford to not go to games I've paid for and decided that was wrong.

Unfortunately, it's getting harder and harder for me to watch Pompey. Going to Burton tomorrow though.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

There is no need to deprive people of your seat as you can put it on the ticket exchange if not needed and receive a fiver towards next season’s ticket
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:57 pm There is no need to deprive people of your seat as you can put it on the ticket exchange if not needed and receive a fiver towards next season’s ticket
It potentially stops people sitting together - and as someone who this impacts at present it's a pain in the ****.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:12 pm I never thought about getting a ST before but judging how hard it is getting away games I’m almost tempted to buy one next year just so I can and try and sell the tickets I can’t get to the home games for.
The problem is Sam that buying a season ticket doesn't actually guarantee you a ticket at an away game, though it obviously does help. A season ticket purchased for 2023-2024 earned you 23 points, 1 for each home game and if you buy an away ticket you get two points. For the closer away matches, with low allocations, you are now needing around 50-60 bonus points to be able to purchase when they first go on sale, meaning those with 25-30 points could feasibly miss out. I know naughty little tinkers buying tickets to games they don't even go to just to build their points, for example, home or away games in the EFL Trophy.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Good points SB. Cheers. Ironically the only game I did actually manage to get to last season at home was the EFL game against Stevenage as I was in the area with work!
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Selsey Bill wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:01 am
The problem is Sam that buying a season ticket doesn't actually guarantee you a ticket at an away game, though it obviously does help. A season ticket purchased for 2023-2024 earned you 23 points, 1 for each home game and if you buy an away ticket you get two points. For the closer away matches, with low allocations, you are now needing around 50-60 bonus points to be able to purchase when they first go on sale, meaning those with 25-30 points could feasibly miss out. I know naughty little tinkers buying tickets to games they don't even go to just to build their points, for example, home or away games in the EFL Trophy.
50-60 points that’s a laugh
They have just announced Bristol Rovers ticket sales for Boxing Day 750 tickets available starting at 70 bl**dy points then 50/41
Doubt if it will even get to the 50 point level
Will be interesting to see the next which is 1300 at Exeter and where that starts
I’d like to know who actually decides these thresholds is it the club or supporter representatives
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:48 pm
They have just announced Bristol Rovers ticket sales for Boxing Day 750 tickets available starting at 70 bl**dy points then 50/41
Will be interesting to see the next which is 1300 at Exeter and where that starts
I’d like to know who actually decides these thresholds is it the club or supporter representatives
It's Rovers the lowest away allocation of the season?

Welcome to world of anyone without a season ticket...
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Actually it pretty much doesn’t affect us as we have high point totals it is just starting to in my view be unfair to people building up points who constantly see the bar going higher and higher
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:11 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:48 pm
It's Rovers the lowest away allocation of the season?

Welcome to world of anyone without a season ticket...
Yes at 750 that’s why I said the Exeter thresholds will be interesting as in theory they should drop back down to high 50s
As you might see I have raised my concerns with the supporters group poster on this forum
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

It’s a difficult one. You want to reward the fans that make it to all the games and I think it would be unfair to stop someone who goes to a lot of games consistently from getting a ticket but as 55 says for those of us who don’t have the option to get to as many games as we’d want it is frustrating not to be able to get tickets. Hopefully when we go up they’ll be more scope for away tickets due to going to bigger clubs. I do think a % should be reserved for supporter groups but I think that’s the case anyway isn’t it?
Last edited by Sam_Brown on Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam please don’t get me started again on supporter groups getting an allocation before they go on sale thus some people could more easily build up loyalty points without missing out due to the lack of them
Yes they always did last season but looking at the ticket quantity on the website and the allocation recently that doesn’t appear to be the case this season
I sure someone else will know
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Looks like Bristol tickets were still available at second threshold and Exeter thresholds have dropped back to 60 start so it might be working better than I thought