Your Team vs Burton

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Your Team vs Burton

Post by Jack_Tinn »

A response is required from the team following the loss at the weekend vs Burton and there are quite a few players already ruled out of the game: Morrell, Swanson, Whyte, Poole, Oglivie and Scully are all definitely not available so what is your line up for the 'get right' game at Burton tonight:

I am going to go for:

Norris,
Rafferty
Raggett,
Shaughnessy,
Sparkes,
Stevenson,
Pack, (c)
Lane,
Robertson,
Kamara,
Bishop

Subs: Schofield, Towler, Devlin, Martin, Saydee, Yengi, Academy Player or Lowery if he is fit enough.

I want to see Robertson playing further forward and so I have brought in Stevenson to play alongside Pack and pushed Robertson into the No.10 role.

Kamara moves out to the left wing role (wasn't impressed with him in the centre vs Blackpool nor did I think Martin did much to suggest he was the answer on the left side either...) The rest of the team pretty much picks itself with the exception of perhaps Saydee.

With all the injuries - and Morrell 's stupidity causing a two game suspension - the squad is looking a little bare.

By the way elsewhere tonight: Oxford vs Bolton and Stevenage vs Peterborough.

Come on Pompey - this is a great time to get a win and start a long unbeaten run again!
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: Your Team vs Burton

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pretty much agree with that team, although I'd play Robertson alongside Pack, and put Devlin further up the pitch. His best game for us that I have watched live so far was against Reading and he played in just that role. Whatever happens, we really need to find a way to win tonight, irrespective of how we play.