Supporters' Groups (PST, TGFC etc.)

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Leon T.
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Supporters' Groups (PST, TGFC etc.)

Post by Leon T. »

Hi all,

The next Tony Goodall Fans' Conference meeting is next Wednesday, 6th December. It'll be an evening, online meeting - it was scheduled to occur before the Bolton match but obviously that game has been moved.

I attend the TGFC representing social media and online platforms.

If you have a question you'd like raising with the club, please post it here by midday on Sunday 3rd December, or PM me, and I'll try to get the most popular questions on the meeting agenda.

Cheers,

Leon
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Supporters' Groups (PST, TGFC etc.)

Post by Pompey55 »

I would welcome some clarity with regard to the setting of loyalty point thresholds for the purchase of away tickets and if they still are only valid for 2 years as currently the thresholds appear somewhat arbitrary and are excluding people who have recently been building up points

In my view the change this season of 23 points for season ticket holders and 2 points for away games is purely cosmetic as all it has done is artificially inflate the thresholds by 23+points
Last season it was clear at mostly 30/15/ST/members
I would say currently season ticket holders are pretty much excluded from many away games
I am not saying this through envy as myself and my granddaughter have more than 60 points and can happily go to virtually all away games
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:39 am I would welcome some clarity with regard to the setting of loyalty point thresholds for the purchase of away tickets and if they still are only valid for 2 years as currently the thresholds appear somewhat arbitrary and are excluding people who have recently been building up points

In my view the change this season of 23 points for season ticket holders and 2 points for away games is purely cosmetic as all it has done is artificially inflate the thresholds by 23+points
Last season it was clear at mostly 30/15/ST/members
I would say currently season ticket holders are pretty much excluded from many away games
I am not saying this through envy as myself and my granddaughter have more than 60 points and can happily go to virtually all away games
I live 5 hours away from Fratton Park so regular attendance of home games is difficult. I used to get to so where between 5 and 10 home games a season, but now it's probably no more than 5.

Away games are far easier for me to get to but getting tickets for these is becoming harder and harder, as its just not possible to accumulate enough points to climb to the upper bandings without a season ticket. Membership which I have doesn't bridge the gap enough.

I go to the football with my dad, who has a season ticket, and has a similar number of points to yourself but I have mid 20s so we either have to buy tickets in separate bands and not be together or wait and hope that tickets are available when it reaches my band - there are obviously other options but these do not increase my points.

Further complications to this is if my lad wants or needs to come with me - I have to wait for general sale. It must make it harder for parents to take younger kids home, or away.

Granted I know most fans live nearer to Portsmouth than me, but I won't be able to go to Lincoln for example and it's my second closest game! So I will probably go over there and have a few beers with my dad before and after the game and not actually go!
Leon T.
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Leon T. »

Morning all

The next TGFC meeting is this coming Saturday morning. Please post any questions you'd like raising with the club (ideally by tomorrow evening), and I'll see if I can add them to the agenda.

Cheers.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Did we get an answer to the queries mentioned earlier re: points?

I’m in a similar position in the midlands.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:46 pm Did we get an answer to the queries mentioned earlier re: points?

Not that I've seen anywhere all I've seen was a while ago that they are looking at discontinuing the away season ticket system which never went down well with those who participate, the logic was those people were at the top of the threshold list anyway
What I have seen suggested to people like yourself and 1984 is just join one the the supporter groups as they always get an allocation without needing loyalty points, I have spoken to a couple of people at away matches who use this method of getting tickets to pretty much any game they want despite having little or no loyalty points
But then is it worth these same groups (who this thread concerns) raising the loyalty point issue if it never really affects them as it might backfire
Leon T.
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Leon T. »

Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:46 pm Did we get an answer to the queries mentioned earlier re: points?

Apologies - I thought I'd posted about the minutes of December meeting! There was a long discussion, and a number of questions raised, about ticketing and loyalty points. The minutes are here:

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/202 ... 3-minutes/

The meeting was due to be held, as usual, on a Saturday morning before a home match, at the PITC offices. However, because the match - Bolton - was moved to Monday the TGFC meeting was moved to a midweek and on Zoom. I was stuck in traffic on the way home from work and so missed most of the meeting.

Which is a long way of saying, I can't offer any additional context / info in relation to the ticketing discussion. If anyone has any further questions, or you would like me to ask a question again, please let me know.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Having just again reviewed those minutes there was nothing to address the concerns of supporters living a distance from Portsmouth but again discussion regarding allocation to supporter groups so guess if you haven't got sufficient loyalty points to enable access to away tickets then it's very clear for a minimal outlay join a supporter group and get your ticket through them
I do find it disappointing that the club is unable to exercise the 2 year cut off for loyalty points as that means some time early next season the upper threshold will be at 100 points!
As soon as we renew our season tickets we will be over 100 points!
Leon T.
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Leon T. »

Pompey55 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:23 pm Having just again reviewed those minutes there was nothing to address the concerns of supporters living a distance from Portsmouth but again discussion regarding allocation to supporter groups so guess if you haven't got sufficient loyalty points to enable access to away tickets then it's very clear for a minimal outlay join a supporter group and get your ticket through them
I do find it disappointing that the club is unable to exercise the 2 year cut off for loyalty points as that means some time early next season the upper threshold will be at 100 points!
As soon as we renew our season tickets we will be over 100 points!
Re. joining a supoorter group, I agree that's probably the best solution for now.

I know the club are keen to keep receiving feedback on all ticketing matters and to keep things under review. As per the December minutes, they are still considering introducing a rolling two-year window for loyalty points in the future.
Leon T.
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Leon T. »

Hi all,

The minutes from Saturday's minutes have just been published:

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/202 ... 4-minutes/

Happy to try and answer any follow-up questions.
Leon T.
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Leon T. »

Hi all,

Results of the recent PST fan survey have been published. For those that don't do Twitter you can download the results here:

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/202 ... er-survey/

I'd be very interested in any observations or questions anyone has.

Cheers,

Leon
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Cheers guys. I was surprised by the response to the away tickets. I know we have some vocal people on here lamenting the away ticketing policy but I’m not sure what the better alternative is. I’ve been frustrated myself tbh as someone who lives three hours away and doesn’t have a ST.

If they gave season ticket holders first refusal like the old days I think we’d be in the same situation.

Happy to hear what alternatives people think would be fairer.
Last edited by Sam_Brown on Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Leon T. wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:19 pm

Hi all,

Results of the recent PST fan survey have been published. For those that don't do Twitter you can download the results here:

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/202 ... er-survey/

I'd be very interested in any observations or questions anyone has.

Cheers,

Leon
Having read the results of 2148 responses I am amazed that 74% think the loyalty point system is still fit for purpose particularly since the ridiculous decision to give season ticket holders 23 points therefore just artificially raising the thresholds by the same number and the total failure of the club to use the 2 year cut off originally planned if something doesn't change some of us will have 100+ points at the start of next season
Why not simply go back to 1 point for each non season ticket game as before as currently it's a farce just to placate a few vocal season ticket holders who thought the new system would benefit them but the opposite has proven to the the case
Personally it does not affect me at all as we are always in the upper threshold either way
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Right on cue lol. No foul meant 55. Just curious what better solutions there should be.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:46 pm Right on cue lol. No foul meant 55. Just curious what better solutions there should be.
I suggested a better system quite simply one point for each non season ticket game with points only lasting 2 years plus a small percentage held back for season ticket and members
This was working perfectly ok until they changed to points for season tickets and 2 points for away games
Last season using this system we missed out on some early low allocation games but built up points through the season from other games, so starting this season we have had sufficient points to go to every game we wanted to