Bolton THE BIG MATCH

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Bolton THE BIG MATCH

Post by jam tomorrow »

What a great result well done lads our high pressing v their playing from the back was their main undoing, also Yengi worried their centre back and caused more chaos. Yengi came into the game as it progressed he is a force to be reckoned with just needs a bit more skilled touches which will come, what a great signing by the team. We just need to keep the chasing pack at bay we are halfway there.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Just back from the game and reading others comments I’d say from where we were we thought that Raggett had an outstanding game both winning everything at the back but also his distribution was great including one 50 yard cross field pass across to the opposite side
Some have questioned his ability tonight I think it was answered
Apart from that I think tonight we set down a marker to other teams beating convincingly a team who had won 9 out 10 of their last games and scored for fun who rarely looked like scoring and we could have made it more convincing had we taken all our chances
My view from the Fratton End is that there is now a belief that this season could be special from the supporters
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Delighted with the result, and sounds as though it was well deserved. Even I'm beginning to believe this might be the season we get promotion, although I've probably just jinxed it!
Quantum of Stowmarket
Robbie Pethick
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Quantum of Stowmarket »

Don't post much here now as we're in different leagues but saw the result on Teletext. Really, Well done and Congratulations. Must have been quite a night down there on the South Coast, the fans must be thrilled, had a really good time. Nearly 20,000 there wasn't it, that must have been some experience, beating the other automatic promotion contender to move further clear.

League One's horrible isn't it. We spent 4 or 5 years there before making it out, it's harder than neutral fans could imagine but looks like Portsmouth are set to get back to Championship level by end of season. I'm sorry you won't be involved in the F.A Cup proper from January. The team has had a good tradition in recent years in the competition and deserves better.

When or if Portsmouth play again at the second league level - you should make it - I think any Cup games will be overlooked and a promotion is the most important thing in the long run. Would have been some scenes over at Fratton Park tonight, sure fans had a great time, you must be thrilled. OK.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

What a great start to the day reading this! And what a great moment for Yengi.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

YENGI YENGI YENGI!!!!!!!

John Mousinho got it absolutely spot on. What a manager he is turning out to be.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Best team performance of the season so far I reckon. Great win. Yengi's workrate is insane tbh. But my Motm was Raggettino. Absolutely faultless.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

pompeygunner wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:14 am Best team performance of the season so far I reckon. Great win. Yengi's workrate is insane tbh. But my Motm was Raggettino. Absolutely faultless.
I think he gave away the free kick that led to the miss from Charles, I'm not sure it was a free kick mind - probably why Charles missed. Very sporting of him.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:28 am
pompeygunner wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:14 am Best team performance of the season so far I reckon. Great win. Yengi's workrate is insane tbh. But my Motm was Raggettino. Absolutely faultless.
I think he gave away the free kick that led to the miss from Charles, I'm not sure it was a free kick mind - probably why Charles missed. Very sporting of him.
Indeed lol. I think he was surprised the ball came out to him, helluva save from Norris.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

pompeygunner wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:41 am
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:28 am
Indeed lol. I think he was surprised the ball came out to him, helluva save from Norris.
Aaron Maclean was doing the commentary, on the first showing he said on wow, must have bobbled and caught him by surprise, they showed a couple of replays from different angles, and he said, no that is just an absolutely shocking miss :rofl

didn't see it all, but what i did see was a "team" they were all backing each other, if one pressed they all pressed. Great pressure all over the pitch, stopped Bolton playing their game, but managed to play their own game too. Yengi is a beast, and up against a man mountain he should have had loads of free kicks, but ref seemed happy to let it go, until the boot was on the other foot and he gave a couple of really soft ones against Yengi. Well done to the ref for playing advantage for Yengis goal, thought he was finally going to give him a decision but glad he didn't, and well done to yengi, picked himself up, got into the right place at the right time, no more than he and the team deserved. PUP
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Isn`t wonderful to read all the excitement and enthusiasm generated from such a wonderful performance last night from ourTeam.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

How shallow are we? Speaking for myself personally the result of a Pompey game governs the way, to a degree, how you start your day and beyond. I wake up with a good feeling with a bounce that lasts all day really as you go over the game in your mind. I can't wait to get my paper so I can read all about the game that I watched the night before. I will watch the Sky Sports highlights to relive the moments. Make sure I tune into the local news to catch the local Sports news. I look on our opponents fans forums to see what they have to say, and enjoy their laments.

The thing is I don't think I am much different to any other supporter of any other club, or am I?
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Blue Walter wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:35 am How shallow are we? Speaking for myself personally the result of a Pompey game governs the way, to a degree, how you start your day and beyond. I wake up with a good feeling with a bounce that lasts all day really as you go over the game in your mind. I can't wait to get my paper so I can read all about the game that I watched the night before. I will watch the Sky Sports highlights to relive the moments. Make sure I tune into the local news to catch the local Sports news. I look on our opponents fans forums to see what they have to say, and enjoy their laments.

The thing is I don't think I am much different to any other supporter of any other club, or am I?
I don`t know whether we are different, but we feel that we are!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 32 times

Post by StMonkton »

Lots of praise for the management from me.

A depleted squad through injury might have meant a big dent in our fortunes but revised tactics and good use of ‘fringe’ players have been a revelation.

Sometimes in football a manager just seems to get more out of a team than seems likely. Looks so far as though that’s what’s happening at Fratton.

That’s why football on the grass means more than on paper.

Let’s not get carried away but so far, so good.

PUP.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

StMonkton wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:07 pm Lots of praise for the management from me.

A depleted squad through injury might have meant a big dent in our fortunes but revised tactics and good use of ‘fringe’ players have been a revelation.

Sometimes in football a manager just seems to get more out of a team than seems likely. Looks so far as though that’s what’s happening at Fratton.

That’s why football on the grass means more than on paper.

Let’s not get carried away but so far, so good.

PUP.
No we have to be wary of getting too carried away we have a steep hill to climb we are only halfway up it, lets be humble this time we were successful but we still have other battles to fight. Not taking anything away from the team theough we have done really well and knocked Bolton down a peg or two. They can blame the pitch etc etc but in honesty we were too good for them
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson