What is Yengi worth?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

PompeyinAnjou
Robbie Pethick
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 6 times

What is Yengi worth?

Post by PompeyinAnjou »

After last night's display and his injury blighted record to date, what do you think? 500k?
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: What is Yengi worth?

Post by jam tomorrow »

PompeyinAnjou wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:29 pm After last night's display and his injury blighted record to date, what do you think? 500k?
Based on last nights dispaly and IF he can play like that consistently also score plenty of goals then strikers with that background can command a high fee. I believe he will also get better the more he plays so your figure may be realsitic on this basis I saw the Bolton forum and the consensus was they would like him in their team.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:38 pm
PompeyinAnjou wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:29 pm After last night's display and his injury blighted record to date, what do you think? 500k?
Based on last nights dispaly and IF he can play like that consistently also score plenty of goals then strikers with that background can command a high fee. I believe he will also get better the more he plays so your figure may be realsitic on this basis I saw the Bolton forum and the consensus was they would like him in their team.
What to replace the player who couldn’t hit a barn door from 2 yards
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey55 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:40 pm
jam tomorrow wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:38 pm
What to replace the player who couldn’t hit a barn door from 2 yards
To be fair to Charles he's got the same number of goals as Bishop does this season in the league and 3 more overall.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Mickemo »

I’d wouldn’t be unhappy if Charles was in Pompeys squad, he makes super runs in the channel and has a proven goal scoring record in the league.

I've no doubt he will get over the miss (which was a bad one) and come back stronger.
ZebedeeDoleDole
Robbie Pethick
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by ZebedeeDoleDole »

A Yengi is a silver coin in The Republic of Fort Fort. The current exchange rate: 1 Yengi = 75 pence.
Last edited by ZebedeeDoleDole on Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:mrgreen: :lol: :?: :arrow:
PompeyinAnjou
Robbie Pethick

Post by PompeyinAnjou »

Well I don't think we should sell him, right now, even for 5 times the money, that we paid for him4, 50K=/-? He is still quite raw, but is clearly benefitting from training with decent players, and he has, I believe, the potential to be a good Championship level striker. He has pace and power and is good in the air. Plus, we'd struggle to replace him. I'll be happy if he can make another 10 starts for us, this season. Bishop could do with a rest from time to time, and mixing up the front line keeps opponents guessing.
PompeyinAnjou
Robbie Pethick

Post by PompeyinAnjou »

Well I don't think we should sell him, right now, even for 5 times the money, that we paid for him, 450K=/-? He is still quite raw, but is clearly benefitting from training with decent players, and he has, I believe, the potential to be a good Championship level striker. He has pace and power and is good in the air. Plus, we'd struggle to replace him. I'll be happy if he can make another 10 starts for us, this season. Bishop could do with a rest from time to time, and mixing up the front line keeps opponents guessing.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

About four bush tucker trial stars.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

I could see Yengi developing into a version of Ivan Toney.

Toney joined Peteborough for an undisclosed fee. He was sold to Brentford for an initial £5m (with another £5m add ons) and now he is rumoured to be valued somewhere between £30-100m.

Long, long road to go for Yengi but if he keeps on developing his game and keeps scoring then he could be valued at £500k - 1m in L1 but as a successful player in the Championship that value could increase ten fold or more. Looking like a great £60k investment so far!!
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Yengi had a great game last night and he gave a seasoned center half, supposedly one of the best in League One, a tough game. He showed that he has got pace and an eagerness to work hard. Although the goal was a tap in it was his anticipation to be where the ball was going to be played into that enabled him to score. All in all he did have a good game and showed promise. He also showed his inexperience and that he has a lot to learn. He is 24 now and he will have to learn fast in what is a short career.

On last night's evidence he has got a great chance to make it at this level. He could even find himself getting more Australian caps if he establishes himself at this level, which would be both a hindrance and a help for our club. It would be a hinderence to us if he were to be picked for the Asia Cup campaign and but help with his development. However, all this talk about his value in financial terms is a bit premature which will only become evident if he continues to show promise. Early days for all that.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Worth remembering Yengi is 24, he's a late starter. He was excellent last night &@ Northampton. He's a real handful.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I know that it doesn't fit our current shape, but if Yengi and Bishop jelled as a pair I would imagine that they would scare the s**t out of most league one defences, and probably quite a few championship defences too. This was only Yengi's second league start of the season, so he is likely to improve quite a bit with game time and continued coaching. To start with though, I just hope that he stays fit until Bishop is back.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Yengi was very good on Monday. I'd like to see him but together a string of performances now, as we all would.

I think it's worth remembering he is 24, so he is going to have to really kick on and fairly sharpish - can he? I hope so. Seems a good kid, and what's good for him, is good for the club (that's the model right there).

I think he needs to get a little more ruthless, I totally got what he squared it the other night, and it was a tap in if Robertson wasn't running into the box (oh how we bemoan the lack of bodies in the box normally)... But a Bishop or a Charles don't square that. That can come. He's hungry to take this opportunity (as are a lot of the signings, that's the model again) so I wish him luck. Exciting time to be a Pompey fan.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:58 am I know that it doesn't fit our current shape, but if Yengi and Bishop jelled as a pair I would imagine that they would scare the s**t out of most league one defences, and probably quite a few championship defences too. This was only Yengi's second league start of the season, so he is likely to improve quite a bit with game time and continued coaching. To start with though, I just hope that he stays fit until Bishop is back.
I agree with you about pairing Bishop & Yengi, assuming that Yengi continues his promising start. I think there are several good reasons to pair them when Bishop is fit. One being that if Yengi has true genuine prospects as a player he needs to be playing regularly, especially at the age he is. I also think that the potency of our attack will become more lethal. I think Bishop is the ideal person to help in the development of any forward player as he is a master of his art. I think with Yengi sitting on the bench when Bishop is fit would be a criminal waste of a potential blossoming talent. Conversely, to have the best all round center forward in League one sitting out games would also be very wasteful.