Colby fit for the Shrews Match

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Colby fit for the Shrews Match

Post by jam tomorrow »

https://the72.co.uk/2023/12/14/portsmou ... town-test/

This is a very interesting development although I can’t see Mouse playing him for the full 90 minutes l think he might be used as a sub. What a great situation to have two good strikers fit and ready to poach some goals, l think this match could be a potential banana skin waiting to trip us up after the euphoria of the Bolton match. So we have to make sure we don’t take them lightly as all points are vital no matter who we play.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Colby fit for the Shrews Match

Post by Jack_Tinn »

It is great news. Early Christmas present to have him back so quickly.

Collby might be a sub this weekend at Shrewsbury or conversely only play 60mins but it is great to go into the Xmas run of games with him back in full training and available for selection.
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:17 pm It is great news. Early Christmas present to have him back so quickly.

Collby might be a sub this weekend at Shrewsbury or conversely only play 60mins but it is great to go into the Xmas run of games with him back in full training and available for selection.
Reportedly, Kamara is also fit - in spite of coming off early against Bolton.

Also good news: he had a good game on Monday night.
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

As Bishop only returned to full training today I’d expect that he will not be risked from the start but be available if we need a goal later in the game
Either way it’s a boost to have him back so soon
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Pompey55 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:24 pm As Bishop only returned to full training today I’d expect that he will not be risked from the start but be available if we need a goal later in the game
I would hope that Yengi started against Shrews what ever Bishop's fitness is. He deserves a chance after Monday. Although JM dropped Sparkes for the Reading game as soon as Ogilvie was fit which I thought was unfair.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Mickemo »

NSRailings wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:20 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:24 pm As Bishop only returned to full training today I’d expect that he will not be risked from the start but be available if we need a goal later in the game
I would hope that Yengi started against Shrews what ever Bishop's fitness is. He deserves a chance after Monday. Although JM dropped Sparkes for the Reading game as soon as Ogilvie was fit which I thought was unfair.
I’m with you - good performances should be rewarded with a place in the first 11, bring on Colby for 20 mins or so against Shrewsbury if needed, if not then keep him fresh for Fleetwood (as a sub)
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times

Post by Dinksy »

Blimey, did he go to Lourdes or something?
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Dinksy wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:34 am Blimey, did he go to Lourdes or something?
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Its been suggested that both Yengi and Bishop play together but I can't see that working we need Robertson inside either Yengi or Bishop, if we drop either lane or Kamara it would affect our balance also Lane helps Sparkes out a lot.
-- Diane Johnson
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

jam tomorrow wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:34 pm Its been suggested that both Yengi and Bishop play together but I can't see that working we need Robertson inside either Yengi or Bishop, if we drop either lane or Kamara it would affect our balance also Lane helps Sparkes out a lot.
It is a dilemma. Although I prefer to see two playing up front but I do agree that there is sense in keeping a winning formula. As you say Robertson is best playing further forward and he has ability above League One level. I think that we need to play our best players and I think Bishop is one of the best, if not the best, center forward in this league. Conversely Yengi needs to be playing in order for him to gain experience and to fulfil his potential. I think for this next game Yengi will start and Bishop finishing the game, unless we are chasing the game, when we will have two up front.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Dinksy wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:34 am Blimey, did he go to Lourdes or something?
How would playing cricket have aided his recovery?