Ronan Curtis

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Rjk66
Alan Biley
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Ronan Curtis

Post by Rjk66 »

The news reporting that Ronan has departed after coming back to fitness. A great and sad loss in my view, thought he had more he could give for us.https://apple.news/AOeWui07ySe6q9QwzqtNBcQ
Mark Hateley and Alan Biley made my favourite season.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Ronan Curtis

Post by Pompey55 »

I’d agree his record of goals and assists stands up very well against anyone we have and was messed around by Cowley, once Moushino started playing in on the left he started to show his best form for a while until injured
I guess it was very much a financial decision to offer him a new contract on very much reduced terms but considering he was injured playing for us a fairer option might have been a one year extension and review at the end of this season
Wish him the best for the future and will not be surprised if he joins one of our competitors for promotion until the end of the season
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Past his `sell by date`
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Glad the club stood by him while he was injured. Think that was a class move. Have to think other clubs may have hung him out to dry. I get why he’s moving on but I can’t say I’ll be disappointed to be losing the drama that sometimes surrounded him. Wish him the best and as long as he can stay injury free I think he’ll be a great asset for any team at this level. I’ll keep an eye out on him over the coming years.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Pompey55 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:38 am Past his `sell by date`
Suggest you look at the latest post on the club Facebook page “thank you Ronan Curtis” would maybe show he is more appreciated than you think
Many including us think that he would be a asset this season when played in his best position I think your comment is crass considering what he contributed to the team when here
Maybe bl**dy Whyte and Scully also are past their sell by dates as their records are nowhere near as good as his but whatever we all have our opinions but such a crap comment demeans you
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:36 pm
BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:38 am Past his `sell by date`
Suggest you look at the latest post on the club Facebook page “thank you Ronan Curtis” would maybe show he is more appreciated than you think
Many including us think that he would be a asset this season when played in his best position I think your comment is crass considering what he contributed to the team when here
Maybe bl**dy Whyte and Scully also are past their sell by dates as their records are nowhere near as good as his but whatever we all have our opinions but such a crap comment demeans you
Thank you for your comments which are duly noted, but not agreed with! Your language does you no credit at all
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I'm not sure Ronan would be the right fit for this squad. He did a lot of moaning and gesticulating on the pitch towards his teammates.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:23 am I'm not sure Ronan would be the right fit for this squad. He did a lot of moaning and gesticulating on the pitch towards his teammates.
As well as unacceptable behaviour off pitch!
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:34 am
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:23 am I'm not sure Ronan would be the right fit for this squad. He did a lot of moaning and gesticulating on the pitch towards his teammates.
As well as unacceptable behaviour off pitch!
Yes, I'd forgotten about that. He has some family traumas last season too. I'm not sure he is a player who can do it in the league above should we get promoted.