Matt Taylor vs Pompey

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Matt Taylor vs Pompey

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

The Shrews seem to be doing well under MT's guidance this season. Anyone else concerned he'll have them fired right up for our visit tomorrow?
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Matt Taylor vs Pompey

Post by Pompey55 »

He may very well have them fired up also a game like this is a typical banana skin after Mondays game
I’m interested in not only the starting 11 but the possible bench which should include both Whyte and Scully who will be putting pressure on Lane and Kamara if they don’t perform although both the former have failed so far to perform to the promised level when signed this season
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:55 pm He may very well have them fired up also a game like this is a typical banana skin after Mondays game
I’m interested in not only the starting 11 but the possible bench which should include both Whyte and Scully who will be putting pressure on Lane and Kamara if they don’t perform although both the former have failed so far to perform to the promised level when signed this season
Whereas you on the other hand always excel at having a pop at Scully and Whyte.

One of which has been injured most of the season, and the other has clearly had 'life stuff' going on.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:29 am
Pompey55 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:55 pm He may very well have them fired up also a game like this is a typical banana skin after Mondays game

One of which has been injured most of the season, and the other has clearly had 'life stuff' going on.
To be fair 84 there were great expectations of both Scully and Whyte and they were supposed to be our Marque signings. However they didn’t cost us mega bucks and we have seen glimpses of what they can do and l believe they will come good.l also think they are valuable players in our squad and Whyte did well in our win over Bolton.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:20 am

To be fair 84 there were great expectations of both Scully and Whyte and they were supposed to be our Marque signings. However they didn’t cost us mega bucks and we have seen glimpses of what they can do and l believe they will come good.l also think they are valuable players in our squad and Whyte did well in our win over Bolton.
They haven't set the world alight but they have to be on the pitch to do that, Scully was playing when the team hadn't really clicked into gear yet too.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:42 pm
jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:20 am

They haven't set the world alight but they have to be on the pitch to do that, Scully was playing when the team hadn't really clicked into gear yet too.

I think that is fair comment. Nevertheless they have been a tad disappointing when they have played as they were seen as our 'marquee' signings. As you say there are mitigating circumstances in both cases, which I think are valid. When Whyte came on on Monday night it was his assist for Yengi's goal and I thought his cameo was quite good. Hopefully his off field problems are settled now and we have a happier Gavin Whyte in both his private and professional life. Scully was disappointing when he was playing earlier on but now he has been here for a while he should feel more settled, which hopefully will transform into better performances. In both cases I think it is fair to say the jury is out on them, but it is like having two new signings.