Bristol Rovers

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Bristol Rovers

Post by Betelgeuse »

Another striker needed, Bishop has really dropped off.
PompeyExpat
Robbie Pethick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by PompeyExpat »

Thank god the transfer window opens next week! We’re gonna need a few additions 🙄
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

We had plenty of chances once the subs had been made and then got caught with the sucker punch 2-1 Gas
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Betelgeuse wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:54 pm Another striker needed, Bishop has really dropped off.
I think it's more to do with chances are not being created for Bishop. I think that teams have worked Pompey out in as far as weaknesses and strengths and now we need to approach games differently. That starts with playing the best players available, which means not starting with Whyte over Lane. Going with two up top for home games could be a good way of mixing things up and maybe take the pressure off of Bishop, who is being flogged to death with our present system.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Betelgeuse wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:54 pm Another striker needed, Bishop has really dropped off.
Yes, agree with that and I don't believe it's mainly due to service (although that has been dismal recently).
It seems to me there is no cohesion with our attacking players, they don't appear to know each other's game, consequently too many movements break down.
Lane is an enigma, he has so much talent but feel he doesn't take his man on enough; the same with Kamara.
Somebody mentioned Billy Sharpe as a possible recruit as a foil for Bishop and I think that could work..he is so experienced and has that skill of finding space. Currently a free agent but could he be tempted for 5 months?

The fact is we have to do something because what we have now is just not working. :shock:
benjboy
Collins Mbesuma

Post by benjboy »

Went to see Pompey last week expecting to see some quality. Very poor for professional footballers. They need an alternative way to play. Lane looked poor, Bishop a target man who rarely runs the channels. 2 up front at home and play with the leashes off!
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

eltorrro wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:14 pm
Yes, agree with that and I don't believe it's mainly due to service (although that has been dismal recently).
It seems to me there is no cohesion with our attacking players, they don't appear to know each other's game, consequently too many movements break down.
Lane is an enigma, he has so much talent but feel he doesn't take his man on enough; the same with Kamara.
Somebody mentioned Billy Sharpe as a possible recruit as a foil for Bishop and I think that could work..he is so experienced and has that skill of finding space. Currently a free agent but could he be tempted for 5 months?

The fact is we have to do something because what we have now is just not working. :shock:
He's signed for Hull.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

After we equalised we should have had another 2 goals.

I've said it for a few weeks now, Bishop needs to stop playing against the defenders and the referee and start concentrating on his own game.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

If we are looking for a short term fix, which we haven't been recently, Jonson Clarke- Harris is apparently on the move from Peterborough. He has given us grief in the past!
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Oddly enough I have been impressed by how much work Bishop does in the way he links up the attack. Clever headed passes and lay offs are his forte as well as being buffeted by opposing defenders. He makes himself available but I think he is trying to spread himself too thinly. That's why I think we need a player further forward to take some of the work load off of him because, fundamentally, he is a goalscorer.