Fantastic News

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Fantastic News

Post by Selsey Bill »

Alex Robertson not in the Australian squad. This is huge for us 👍
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Fantastic News

Post by jam tomorrow »

Good for us but I’m sure Roberson will be disappointed but let’s make the most of him Soceroos loss is our gain
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I was hoping that Yengi would not be chosen
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I think we may see a forward come in on loan or perhaps pick up someone in the Paddy Lane mould of last season.
StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 32 times

Post by StMonkton »

Our loanees have been pretty productive so far.

Am I right that most are for the whole season?
We’ve been caught before where a great few months loan in the Autumn results in a recall to the detriment of our squad.
Can anyone confirm the status?
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

StMonkton wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:53 pm Our loanees have been pretty productive so far.

We’ve been caught before where a great few months loan in the Autumn results in a recall to the detriment of our squad.
I think most concern is attached to Kamara with his current form. He has progressively got better recently so much so that Norwich may see him as being useful in their first team squad now rather than later. The Asia Cup is a bit of a concern as well and Robertson has been in good form, perhaps a little dip recently, but I but don't think he would get anywhere the City first team squad at the moment and appears to be out of the running for Australia.. I think it is most crucial that we are able to keep him because he is our most skilful and talented midfield player. He provides the class and cutting edge in our attacking third. As for Yengi I think it is a double edged sword with him because if he was to go to the Asia Cup and play it would be good for his development. On the other hand he has shown he can stand in for Bishop and I think he will get more game time now.
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

StMonkton wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:53 pm Our loanees have been pretty productive so far.

All three (Kamara, Robertson and Anjorin) are on season long loans. It is standard to have a recall clause in January but I can't see any reason for Anjorin or Robertson to be recalled as they are some way off first team consideration at their parent club. Mousinho addressed the chances of Kamara being recalled by Norwich recently and said the two clubs had discussed it but Norwich were very happy with him staying at Pompey as things stood. So I think it's likely we'll see them stay with us for the rest of the season (hopefully), unless Norwich change manager before the end of January!
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

You'd think Pompey would use the two loan spots that they have available. Perhaps for a centre half and a striker.

Easier to get a player in on loan you'd think in January to boost the squad depth than to be able to sign a permanent player who would make an impact on the first team.

Not Anjorin's fault but he is not going to be fit from his hamstring tear until mid Feb apparently. If this is the case then perhaps Pompey agree with Chelsea to terminate his loan in January and use that space/budget to get in another player on loan.