Exeter

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Exeter

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

What a pain, friday night 7.45 kick off. You would have thought given that most of the Country are on holiday until next tuesday it could have been a 3 O` Clock start!
My first live match of the season 50 miles from home!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Exeter

Post by NSRailings »

Drove passed Exeter the other day. Was surprised it only took 3 hours to get there from Pompey.

Anyway, finger crossed for a decent performance and result. I think/hope 1-2 Pompey.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

NSRailings wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:49 am Drove passed Exeter the other day. Was surprised it only took 3 hours to get there from Pompey.

We used to drive from West Devon to Drayton on a regular basis when my Parents were alive. It was about 180 miles (50 of which were to the Services at Exeter). Therefore Exeter is about 130 miles from Portsmouth, 3 hours is about average because from Honiton the roads are not very good going via Dorchester. In addition there always seems to be a heavy build up of traffic the other side of Southampton towards Verwood. If you drive along the A303 via the A34 from Pompey it adds about 10 miles and you have two potential holdups 1) by Stonehenge 2) between Ilminster and Honiton. Safe journey to those travelling today.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

On the plus side (if you via Ilminster), there's a maccy d at the A303 roundabout now :)
BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:28 am
NSRailings wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:49 am Drove passed Exeter the other day. Was surprised it only took 3 hours to get there from Pompey.

We used to drive from West Devon to Drayton on a regular basis when my Parents were alive. It was about 180 miles (50 of which were to the Services at Exeter). Therefore Exeter is about 130 miles from Portsmouth, 3 hours is about average because from Honiton the roads are not very good going via Dorchester. In addition there always seems to be a heavy build up of traffic the other side of Southampton towards Verwood. If you drive along the A303 via the A34 from Pompey it adds about 10 miles and you have two potential holdups 1) by Stonehenge 2) between Ilminster and Honiton. Safe journey to those travelling today.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Mickemo »

Several changes to the starting 11, not too hopeful TBH. I hope I’m wrong.
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

Norris, Rafferty, Raggett, Shaughnessy, Sparkes, Robertson, Pack, Devlin, Whyte, Lane, Bishop.

Subs: Schofield, Towler, Morrell, Scully, Saydee, Kamara, Yengi.

Looks like only two changes to me (Devlin for Morrell and Lane for Kamara)
Rjk66
Alan Biley
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Rjk66 »

A must win game for me to keep the pressure on.
Mark Hateley and Alan Biley made my favourite season.
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

The further you get towards Devon the stranger the drive is.

Interesting that Morrell is dropped. Guess Robertson will fall back.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Started fairly brightly.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Bishop should have banged in
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

It is as if we are playing with the handbrake on - we need to be more positive and speedy - all rather boring to be honest.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times

Post by eltorrro »

Boring game. Once again Pompey can't get past or through the defence. 0-0 all over it.
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Mickemo »

Just the single shot on target from PFC in the first half, will JM change formation again ?
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

Need to shake things up. Get Saydee on.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times

Post by eltorrro »

This team has been 'found out' by opposing sides and they are not skilled or savvy enough to overcome it.
I don't think I've ever seen another team get pressed and harried quite like happens to Pompey and that's because opposing manager's have sussed the fact Pompey have no forward attacking midfield..we are just sooo slow and ponderous in our play. I thought under Cook we were bad enough but our current play is just so predictable, ponderous and boring. Exeter fans were correct..'top of the league, your 'aving a laugh'; our current performances are embarrassing.
I just hope we get some fresh blood in January because afraid those we have will not do it for us.
Don't know what's happened to Bishop but he's certainly not the player he was last season and beginning of this. He just doesn't seem to get involved as he did. At least Yengi appears to get involved and you know he's about. Whyte was his normal ineffectual self, just can't see what he brings? My MoM tonight was Raggett, thought he was immense.
Stevenage next game..I'm expecting a loss.