Gary O'Neil

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Gary O'Neil

Post by eltorrro »

What a great job he's done with Wolves, and didn't do too bad at Bournemouth either!

I do believe he was considered for Pompey at one time (or he was available?). I've been watching Wolves games since he became their manager and has gelled them very quickly into a good team.

Good luck to him.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Gary O'Neil

Post by Sam_Brown »

Always happy to see a former member of the Pompey family do well. Good wishes to him. He’s done a fantastic job.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

I said back on April what a fantastic job he was doing at Bournemouth, and couldn't believe he got the push in the summer. And at Wolves, with another inherited squad that he didn't even have a pre-season with, he's again got them playing good football and punching way above their weight.

If there was an award for manager of the (calendar) year, he'd surely win it for 2023. How I wish we'd had the foresight to get him before his managerial career took off.
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

Looks a very talented young manager, to do what he has done already at two different Premier League clubs. Wolves could even be higher if they'd had the rub of the green with decisions this season too. Very pleased to see him doing well.

Not sure if anyone saw the Monday Night Football game on Sky where he was the studio guest, but I thought he came across really well - explained in some detail how they set up against Man City and one other game I think (can't remember who). Seemed to be a very clear thinker and that would help explain how he has managed to get his message across simply and clearly to the players even without a pre-season to bed those ideas in.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Can only echo what others have said, doing a superb job @ Wolves following a similarly good job @ Bournemouth. His stock must be rising with each passing week.