Happy New Year.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Re: Happy New Year.

Post by Blue Walter »

New Forester wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:31 am Happy new year from Guildford. Health issues have kept me away from FP for far too long. I’m hoping to be up to the trip on the 13th. I’m really looking forward to the first time in years not having to change trains at Southampton. It’s a direct route in less than an hour from here. I’ll be interested to see how many Pompey fans travel from Guildford and join the train as we go along.

Oddly enough I have got to miss the Leyton Orient match on the 13th, but don't let that change your plans.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Happy New Year all - let's hope it brings us what we all want. I also pray (loosely speaking) for an end to the wars taking place all over the world, especially in Ukraine and the Gaza Strip. Is this really happening in 2024?? :( :( :(
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Sadly, there are apparently 110 armed conflicts going on around the world today, plus of course, several potential others simmering away :(
https://geneva-academy.ch/galleries/today-s-armed-conflicts

Nothing wrong with praying for them (IMHO); other more earthly efforts don't appear to be getting anywhere!

But, all that aside for a minute, here's wishing you all a Happy New Year.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Santa may have left us under the tree at Fratton Park with "Not to be opened until Jan 1st" written on them.
Selsey Bill wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 am Happy New Year all - let's hope it brings us what we all want. I also pray (loosely speaking) for an end to the wars taking place all over the world, especially in Ukraine and the Gaza Strip. Is this really happening in 2024?? :( :( :(
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Rjk66
Alan Biley
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Rjk66 »

The happy new year will only start for me once Pompey get the three points marker moving again. I feel so uncertain for a win today after the Christmas showing and feel a point will be a result today. Maybe a slide will kick us into action again.
Mark Hateley and Alan Biley made my favourite season.
Rjk66
Alan Biley
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Rjk66 »

Happy New Year all, 3points to start with, onward and upward.
Mark Hateley and Alan Biley made my favourite season.
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by phat_chris »

RubiconCSL wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:13 pm Sadly, there are apparently 110 armed conflicts going on around the world today, plus of course, several potential others simmering away :(
https://geneva-academy.ch/galleries/today-s-armed-conflicts

Nothing wrong with praying for them (IMHO); other more earthly efforts don't appear to be getting anywhere!

But, all that aside for a minute, here's wishing you all a Happy New Year.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Santa may have left us under the tree at Fratton Park with "Not to be opened until Jan 1st" written on them.
Selsey Bill wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 am Happy New Year all - let's hope it brings us what we all want. I also pray (loosely speaking) for an end to the wars taking place all over the world, especially in Ukraine and the Gaza Strip. Is this really happening in 2024?? :( :( :(
I'm now picturing Santa kidnapping footballers and leaving body shaped presents under football club's Christmas trees. 😅