Twitter Rumour: Jake Young (Striker) to Sign For Pompey

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Twitter Rumour: Jake Young (Striker) to Sign For Pompey

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

GreenBlue wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:00 pm Interestingly, Young not in the Bradford squad despite being recalled.
Pulled up 5 minutes into training otherwise the manager had every intention of playing him. Make of that what you will.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:14 am
GreenBlue wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:00 pm Interestingly, Young not in the Bradford squad despite being recalled.
Pulled up 5 minutes into training otherwise the manager had every intention of playing him. Make of that what you will.
worth bearing in mind that if he does play for Bradford this month then he cannot be transferred in this window. The rules are you can only play for two clubs in the same season.

He may have picked up a knock but Bradford will know that they can't sell him this transfer window if he steps onto the pitch for Bradford this month. Worth keeping an eye on Bradford's team selections accordingly. I have a feeling this 'knock' may persist and make him unavailable for Bradford for much of this month....
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:31 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:14 am
worth bearing in mind that if he does play for Bradford this month then he cannot be transferred in this window. The rules are you can only play for two clubs in the same season.

He may have picked up a knock but Bradford will know that they can't sell him this transfer window if he steps onto the pitch for Bradford this month. Worth keeping an eye on Bradford's team selections accordingly. I have a feeling this 'knock' may persist and make him unavailable for Bradford for much of this month....
I *think* the rules changed a while back to three clubs, but I could be wrong.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

you can be registered with three clubs but you can only play for two

I know that sounds like an odd rule but that would apply here if Young were transferred during this window since he would (for example) be registered with Bradford, Swindon and say Pompey but can only actually play for two. So if he played for Bradford this month he could still in theory be transferred in the January window to say Pompey but he would be barred from playing for Pompey this season.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/f ... in-4469291

Bradford apparently have received and rejected a bid for Jake Young from an unnamed club. Interesting comment in the linked article in the Yorkshire Post from the manager who confirms his intent to play him but also says "I can only wait and see what happens - I 'm not in charge of him, other than him being a contracted player"

Sounds to me that if a price can be agreed Jake Young is about to be transferred to someone. I hope it is Pompey
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:25 am https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/f ... in-4469291

Bradford apparently have received and rejected a bid for Jake Young from an unnamed club. Interesting comment in the linked article in the Yorkshire Post from the manager who confirms his intent to play him but also says "I can only wait and see what happens - I 'm not in charge of him, other than him being a contracted player"

Sounds to me that if a price can be agreed Jake Young is about to be transferred to someone. I hope it is Pompey

The thick plotens
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:25 am https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/f ... in-4469291

Wasn't us that made the bid.

Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Time will tell I guess, but generally speaking the first we hear of our signings is they are in the website in a Pompey shirt.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:55 pm Time will tell I guess, but generally speaking the first we hear of our signings is they are in the website in a Pompey shirt.
That is what I am basing my theory on that this rumour is not true. Like you say the first we hear about appointments and signings under the present regime is when they have actually joined the club. Bradford supporters are hoping they keep him, which is always a good sign, but I don't think he is coming here.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Over a week into the window and no signings. I was very much “keep calm and trust the process” over the last few years but after sitting at the top for so long and seeing the continuation of a bad patch and mounting injuries I can’t help but feel a bit nervous everything is all a bit too quiet.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:54 pm Over a week into the window and no signings. I was very much “keep calm and trust the process” over the last few years but after sitting at the top for so long and seeing the continuation of a bad patch and mounting injuries I can’t help but feel a bit nervous everything is all a bit too quiet.
It’s a bit early to get nervous as really the need for more urgent recruitment has only in my view happened since Thursday when we lost Robertson because unless Lowery can perform the 10 role then we have issues as no way can Whyte
What concerns me more is the idea of playing behind doors games to bring Scully up to speed as a possible solution as unless it’s mainly fringe players and youth then it’s a recipe for disaster if more critical players then get injured playing pointless games
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:12 am
Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:54 pm Over a week into the window and no signings. I was very much “keep calm and trust the process” over the last few years but after sitting at the top for so long and seeing the continuation of a bad patch and mounting injuries I can’t help but feel a bit nervous everything is all a bit too quiet.
It’s a bit early to get nervous as really the need for more urgent recruitment has only in my view happened since Thursday when we lost Robertson because unless Lowery can perform the 10 role then we have issues as no way can Whyte
What concerns me more is the idea of playing behind doors games to bring Scully up to speed as a possible solution as unless it’s mainly fringe players and youth then it’s a recipe for disaster if more critical players then get injured playing pointless games
I can't imagine he is going to play the first team.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I can't imagine he is going to play the first team. quote P1984+1

All by himself?
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man