Leyton Orient

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Leyton Orient

Post by NSRailings »

Pigott's been benched for their last few games, so it'll be interesting to see whether he has any impact when/if on.

Should Saydee start behind Bishop? It's an obvious yes for me. So the same starters as at Cheltenham apart from that change.

Everything crossed for a win. 2-1.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Leyton Orient

Post by phat_chris »

Agreed. Saydee in for Whyte and that's our best available 11.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I wonder if Lowery will play a half and Saydee the second.
blue-two
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by blue-two »

This site is ruined by the stupid Ads that pop up all the time.
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Mickemo »

blue-two wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:10 am This site is ruined by the stupid Ads that pop up all the time.
Odd as I never see Ads, it’s one of the reasons I visit the forum (big shout out to Rubicon 👍)

I think whyte will prob start (I’d prefer Saydee) and expect Lowery to get some minutes too

Close match expected, but hoping we nick it 1-0
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:36 pm I wonder if Lowery will play a half and Saydee the second.
Moushino has said Lowery is not ready for a full game but medical staff feel he's good for 45 minutes so that could well be the case
I willbbe happy with either as long as it's not Whyte who really needs to build his confidence with substitute appearances over time don't throw him in as a starter again
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Mickemo wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:35 am
blue-two wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:10 am This site is ruined by the stupid Ads that pop up all the time.
Odd as I never see Ads, it’s one of the reasons I visit the forum (big shout out to Rubicon 👍)

I think whyte will prob start (I’d prefer Saydee) and expect Lowery to get some minutes too

If Whyte starts then it's Moushino ignoring the facts and being stubborn in continuing to trust him despite his poor performances in the 10 role to in my opinion to the detriment of the team
It seems to be that due to the form of Lane and Kamara on the wings he is being shoehorned into the team out of position a trait we complained about with Cowley
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

Looking forward to being at my first match for a very long time. First use of my new seat in NSL Block F Row Y Seat122. And first trip from Guildford avoiding the need for standing around at Southampton Station.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

What ads? I don't see ads regardless of whether I'm logged in or not.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:44 am

If Whyte starts then it's Moushino ignoring the facts and being stubborn in continuing to trust him despite his poor performances in the 10 role to in my opinion to the detriment of the team
It seems to be that due to the form of Lane and Kamara on the wings he is being shoehorned into the team out of position a trait we complained about with Cowley
So, 55, if Whyte does start and has a great game, will you applaud the decision with hindsight? Not saying he will but I don't believe Mous is just playing him to be stubborn. There is an awful lot we don't see when we just watch for 90 mins.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

GreenBlue wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:49 am

So, 55, if Whyte does start and has a great game, will you applaud the decision with hindsight? Not saying he will but I don't believe Mous is just playing him to be stubborn. There is an awful lot we don't see when we just watch for 90 mins.
If Whyte starts and has a great game:
a) we will all be gobsmacked!
b) we will all be very pleased for him
c) Mous's kudos will increase no end
d) we will probably win
e) happy days :smt005
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

eltorrro wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:17 pm
GreenBlue wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:49 am

If Whyte starts and has a great game:
a) we will all be gobsmacked!
b) we will all be very pleased for him
c) Mous's kudos will increase no end
d) we will probably win
e) happy days :smt005
Thanks you saved me posting pretty much the same
I don’t want to see any player fail so will applaud if they don’t
I see parallels with Hackett being capable at times but not consistently but still started regularly
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Norris; Rafferty, Raggett, Shaughnessy, Sparkes; Pack (c), Morrell; Kamara, Saydee, Lane; Bishop

subs: Macey, Towler, Devlin, Lowery, Sculley, Whyte, Martin

Our current strongest team..2-0 Pompey :thumb
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

eltorrro wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:10 pm Norris; Rafferty, Raggett, Shaughnessy, Sparkes; Pack (c), Morrell; Kamara, Saydee, Lane; Bishop

subs: Macey, Towler, Devlin, Lowery, Sculley, Whyte, Martin

Our current strongest team..2-0 Pompey :thumb
:thumb Good. Fingers crossed for a strong performance PUP
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Rjk66
Alan Biley
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Rjk66 »

Number of minutes before morrell gets a booking or sending off? I predict 34. A 1-1 draw.
Mark Hateley and Alan Biley made my favourite season.