Myles Pert-Harris

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Myles Pert-Harris

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Rjc365618
Collins Mbesuma

Re: Myles Pert-Harris

Post by Rjc365618 »

Who ? We need the owners to spend some proper money now and buy in some experience not some freebie loans.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Rjc365618 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:34 pm Who ? We need the owners to spend some proper money now and buy in some experience not some freebie loans.
Who was Alex Robertson?

From reading about this lad he sounds just like the sort of player we need and can play a number of position which we could do with freshening up.

Will he sign? Who knows.
Will he be amazing if he does? Who knows?
Do the recruitment team get more right than they do wrong? I'd say so...

So perhaps he might just be the answer.

I'm not sure I see many ready made solutions out there, irrespective or spending money. I personally don't think Clarke Harris will leave Peterborough I think it's all just posturing to get him a better contract there or elsewhere in the summer.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

The news reporting we are closing in on signing him.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Rjc365618 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:34 pm Who ? We need the owners to spend some proper money now and buy in some experience not some freebie loans.
do you have any suggestions? and also how much do you think it would take to sign those players in this transfer window?

MPH is 21yo and 6'2" and is described as 'a dynamic midfield player and he drives forward with the ball. He has great quality on the ball. He can score goals and deliver assists. He is great at arriving in the penalty area at the right time'

He scored five goals from that position for a struggling Forest Green side last year - and our DoF Richard Hughes presumably signed him for FG last year and knows his personality and how he might fit into Pompey's dressing room. He is a some-what known quantity therefore at L1 level and also in terms of cultural fit with the existing squad.

He can't be a bad player because he has been in Brentford's match day squad and on the bench for Premiership games this season and he has made three premier league appearances (as sub) this season.

Championship clubs were apparently interested so if Pompey can sign him on loan I'd have thought this was a quality signing - particularly in the January window when teams are reluctant to let quality players leave.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Been reading about him on Bees web site rumour has it that he was bought for £5 million from Chelski. However that figure if true will include loads of add ons. Several Champ sides were chasing him inc Sheffield Weds and QPR so has a lot of potential. He drives forward strongly with the ball in attacking midfield, although he needs work on his defensive duties. Could be coming in time with situation with Morrell hopefully will be good enough to fill Robbo’s boots?
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:10 am Been reading about him on Bees web site rumour has it that he was bought for £5 million from Chelski. However that figure if true will include loads of add one. Several Champ sides were chasing him inc Sheffield Weds and QPR so has a lot of potential. He drives forward strongly with the ball in attacking midfield, although he needs work on his defensive duties. Could be coming in time with situation with Morrell hopefully will be good enough to fill Robbo’s boots?
News say £1.4m from Chelsea.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:48 pm
Who was Alex Robertson?

From reading about this lad he sounds just like the sort of player we need and can play a number of position which we could do with freshening up.

Will he sign? Who knows.

I'm not sure I see many ready made solutions out there, irrespective or spending money. I personally don't think Clarke Harris will leave Peterborough I think it's all just posturing to get him a better contract there or elsewhere in the summer.
At the end of the day all loan signings from premiership teams are a gamble no matter how good the players c.v. is
It's not necessarily how talented they are it's how they adapt to league one football and their attitude towards the week to week graft needed at this level
Robertson has been exceptional but we can all remember players on loan who no matter how skilled just didn't perform for us over the years
We will just have to accept in a January window options for quality players of real ability are extremely limited without paying inflated prices which is not going to happen with our current business model
Injuries to key players and our marquee signings failing to perform have forced us to consider recruitment that was never planned so I don't expect much more than a few loans or players with potential coming in over the next week
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:25 am
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:48 pm
Who was Alex Robertson?

Will he sign? Who knows.

At the end of the day all loan signings from premiership teams are a gamble no matter how good the players c.v. is
It's not necessarily how talented they are it's how they adapt to league one football and their attitude towards the week to week graft needed at this level
Robertson has been exceptional but we can all remember players on loan who no matter how skilled just didn't perform for us over the years
We will just have to accept in a January window options for quality players of real ability are extremely limited without paying inflated prices which is not going to happen with our current business model
Injuries to key players and our marquee signings failing to perform have forced us to consider recruitment that was never planned so I don't expect much more than a few loans or players with potential coming in over the next week
All signings are a bit of a gamble, just like every time you employ someone there is an element of risk. That's where the recruitment team come in and the analysis they do - it should arguably be a lesser risk than recruiting someone for a normal job due to the huge amount of data that is out there, but it's the qualitative stuff that's harder to measure e.g. will his Mrs like Pompey?

The club are adamant they have lists for each position as you don't know what happens in football, injuries and people offering us money for players.

I think we just need to wait and see if we leave the window stronger than we went in. Macey is a good start, and this lad sounds like he plays a number of positions we have struggled of later so it looks like we are still moving in the right direction.

Hopefully Morrell isn't too badly injured.
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Milkins »

He's here...
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/202 ... s-on-loan/

signed on loan until the end of the season
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by phat_chris »

Good bit of business. Now need a CB and CF to round out the most urgent positions that need filling.
PompeyinAnjou
Robbie Pethick
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by PompeyinAnjou »

He played a full season with Forest Green, so he's not a sick note, like one of our recent loan signings. He's big and looks strong and being of the fringes of a Premiership squad, he must be able to play a bit too.He is personally known to our management, do his character should be okay. There is a good chance, he'll turn out to be a very good signing.

Good work Pompey.

Let's hope he is as good as our last Peter Harris, my old man raved about.
Claygate
Alan Knight
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Claygate »

phat_chris wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:25 pm Good bit of business. Now need a CB and CF to round out the most urgent positions that need filling.
If we do bring in a CB, I think he should be someone who can play at RB as well. Especially now Rafferty is carrying a knock and Swanson is out for another 6-8 weeks.

Don’t really know much about MPH, but filling the no. 10 role has been critical IMhO. Let’s hope he can create and score goals we are so desperately in need of ATM that will aid our promotion bid.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

PompeyinAnjou wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:30 pm He played a full season with Forest Green, so he's not a sick note, like one of our recent loan signings. He's big and looks strong and being of the fringes of a Premiership squad, he must be able to play a bit too.He is personally known to our management, do his character should be okay. There is a good chance, he'll turn out to be a very good signing.

Good work Pompey.

Let's hope he is as good as our last Peter Harris, my old man raved about.
If he is as good, and as quick, as Peter Harris was he will be a terrific signing.