Myles Pert-Harris

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Re: Myles Pert-Harris

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Sounds very promising
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

glad he has signed early in the week so that he can get a full week in training before the away games at Port Vale on Saturday and then at Oxford on Tuesday 30th.

I can see him going straight into the starting eleven for both games in the no.10 role.
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:54 pm glad he has signed early in the week so that he can get a full week in training before the away games at Port Vale on Saturday and then at Oxford on Tuesday 30th.

I can see him going straight into the starting eleven for both games in the no.10 role.
Agree JT. Looks like a good addition to the squad.
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

Sounds like a decent bit of business by the club. Hopefully he can hit the ground running on Saturday!
Rjk66
Alan Biley
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Rjk66 »

Short term loan, not the answer in my view, but a stop gap for this season. Next season will be a different proposition with either promotion achieved and position needing to be attained, or another season of league 1 drudgery. This player is unlikely to be retained, so back to square one- we need strikers!!
Mark Hateley and Alan Biley made my favourite season.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Looks like this could be a decent acquisition 🤞

An option to purchase if promoted would be nice.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Rjk66 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:13 pm Short term loan, not the answer in my view, but a stop gap for this season. Next season will be a different proposition with either promotion achieved and position needing to be attained, or another season of league 1 drudgery. This player is unlikely to be retained, so back to square one- we need strikers!!
If MPH can play as a 10 then this free's up Saydee to concentrate more as an out and out striker - which is what he was signed as after all. Yengi will be back from the Asian Cup in the next 2-3 weeks too. MPH has played as a 9 and in all three positions behind that in Pompey's current shape.

When Yengi comes back Pompey then have Bishop, Saydee, Yengi, Kamara and MPH who can play as a striker either on their own or as a pair (and I guess Scully too). As much as I might like Pompey to consider signing another striker - and play two forwards - I don't think Mousinho or Hughes want to play that way and I'd have to accept that we actually have options now in the forward department when everyone is fit and available.

Hughes and Mousinho have said that a right sided centre half is a high priority and then after that they will consider another winger. I think this is what we will see in terms of incoming signings during the remainder of the transfer window.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 386 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Rjk66 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:13 pm Short term loan, not the answer in my view, but a stop gap for this season. Next season will be a different proposition with either promotion achieved and position needing to be attained, or another season of league 1 drudgery. This player is unlikely to be retained, so back to square one- we need strikers!!
It only seems like last week that some on here were critising our club for buying for the future and not for the now. I trust the decisions of JM and the team over the well-intentioned but often misguided views of the fans.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:58 pm
If MPH can play as a 10 then this free's up Saydee to concentrate more as an out and out striker - which is what he was signed as after all. Yengi will be back from the Asian Cup in the next 2-3 weeks too. MPH has played as a 9 and in all three positions behind that in Pompey's current shape.

When Yengi comes back Pompey then have Bishop, Saydee, Yengi, Kamara and MPH who can play as a striker either on their own or as a pair (and I guess Scully too). As much as I might like Pompey to consider signing another striker - and play two forwards - I don't think Mousinho or Hughes want to play that way and I'd have to accept that we actually have options now in the forward department when everyone is fit and available.

Hughes and Mousinho have said that a right sided centre half is a high priority and then after that they will consider another winger. I think this is what we will see in terms of incoming signings during the remainder of the transfer window.
I would imagine MPH has been signed predominantly as a like for like replacement for Robinson so until Yengi returns probably mid February then we will still have one proven out and out striker in Bishop
In my opinion Saydee is not a decent out and out striker and is very much an impact player, Kamara on Saturday showed glimpses of ability in the centre but he has struggled with finishing when open for example 3 one on one's against Stevenage and is primarily played on the wing where he is most effective, and Scully is still not considered either fit enough or good enough to start even on Saturday when Devlin and Lane played in the wings
Do we need another winger or was the "additional" winger mentioned the cheap option of extending Martin's contract. At the moment we have Lane, Kamara, Martin, Scully, Whyte and after Saturday maybe Devlin filling the wing positions so possibly the one area where we are well stocked
I would imagine that any new players this coming week will be defensive either a CB who can also play RB or both a CB and RB as we need coverage for Rafferty as well as in the middle
I'm not saying this will negatively affect our promotion / play-off chances as this squad has in the main managed to be competitive so far but that we are not going to push out the boat and spend any significant money in this window.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

when you see MPH play I think you will agree with my contention that MPH is not a like for like replacement for Robinson.

If anything Robinson's best position this year has been as a 6 whereas MPH has played this year for Brentford as a 9. MPH game is a lot closer to Kamara's in my view that Robinson - think of Kamara running with the ball but with Saydee's power.

MPH can play in the attacking left, centre or right positions or even through the middle as a striker. MPH is an attacking player whereas Robinson was more of a midfield player.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Going by impressions so far - having Bishop, Saydee and MPH on the pitch at the same time could cause massive problems :thumb
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0h6pstp

Interesting snippet from someone at BBC Radio Gloustershire.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

analysis of how MPH could ft into Pompey's team as a no.10
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

JT

Your post is a blank space on my PC: is that what you intended?
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante