Fleetwood

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Fleetwood

Post by NSRailings »

And relax :lol:

Much needed points and most of the close teams below us not winning :thumb
Super Matt Macey in goal...
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 6 times

Post by meakinsl »

Looking at recent results from other teams Leyton Orient are the in form team so maybe last weeks result not too bad, they have won last 3 and today beat Bolton who were unbeaten in a while, Peterborough are the other in form team and leapfrog us if they win their game in hand
itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by itsaintfunny »

Thank heavens for that and I mean that sincerely.
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

meakinsl wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:05 pm Looking at recent results from other teams Leyton Orient are the in form team so maybe last weeks result not too bad, they have won last 3 and today beat Bolton who were unbeaten in a while, Peterborough are the other in form team and leapfrog us if they win their game in hand
Let's hope we get confidence from today and keep building on it. We are a decent team with a lot of ability.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Bolton losing and Derby drawing is great to see. Bolton have pretty much two games a week for the next month or so. How they deal with that many games in such a short period of time will be a big factor in how the table looks at the end of the season I feel.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Nobody is mentioning the weather. In the fiirst half we had the wind, they had it in the second half when they played better. Was that a coincidence?
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I forgot another clean sheet we have the joint best defensive record in League One from more matches than the others
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Pompey55 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:56 pm Nobody is mentioning the weather. In the fiirst half we had the wind, they had it in the second half when they played better. Was that a coincidence?
Not really they were encouraged by the fact we never put the game to bed by getting a second goal even in the second half we should have scored when the ball bounced around their area as 3 of our players had shots all blocked in quick succession
Maybe the players were as bl**dy cold as we were in the stands
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

Pompey55 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:03 am
BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:56 pm Nobody is mentioning the weather. In the fiirst half we had the wind, they had it in the second half when they played better. Was that a coincidence?
Not really they were encouraged by the fact we never put the game to bed by getting a second goal even in the second half we should have scored when the ball bounced around their area as 3 of our players had shots all blocked in quick succession
How did Bishop play? The News says the ref didn't protect him.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

NSRailings wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:07 am
Pompey55 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:03 am
How did Bishop play? The News says the ref didn't protect him.
Absolutely no protection whatsoever summed up by their defender having him in a head lock and throwing him to the floor in front of the referee but then to be fair our defence got away with a couple of wrestling holds on Stockley again in front of the referee
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I just do not understand what the rules are regarding contact (no grabbing hold ) these days.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:05 am I just do not understand what the rules are regarding contact (no grabbing hold ) these days.
I don't think the rules have changed... I just don't think they are enforced.

What I would say though, knowing that they aren't going to be enforced Bishop shouldn't play expecting 'protection' from the referee. Sadly, I think he could be gaining a bit of a reputation with referees which compounds the fact he doesn't get many decisions.

I can understand why it frustrates him, but I think he just needs to start from the position of if I win a free kick it's a bonus.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

The team we beat yesterday are rock bottom of the league. They've taken 2 points from their last 10 games, and one of those was at Fratton Park last month.

But great, we won. Still top of the league. Everything is fine and dandy 👍🏻

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I just don't believe Tornante WANT promotion.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:00 am The team we beat yesterday are rock bottom of the league. They've taken 2 points from their last 10 games, and one of those was at Fratton Park last month.

I respect your opinion, but I really don't agree with you. I think that Tornante really want to go up, but it actually isn't that easy to achieve unless you throw loads of money into the team, which they have always said they wouldn't do. Pompey have a track record of poor Januarys, so let's hope that this bad run is over now.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:08 am
No Shot Sherlock wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:00 am The team we beat yesterday are rock bottom of the league. They've taken 2 points from their last 10 games, and one of those was at Fratton Park last month.

I respect your opinion, but I really don't agree with you. I think that Tornante really want to go up, but it actually isn't that easy to achieve unless you throw loads of money into the team, which they have always said they wouldn't do. Pompey have a track record of poor Januarys, so let's hope that this bad run is over now.
I'd agree that Tornante want success but it's going to be on their terms which in my opinion is in a financially sustainably manner, which is going to be a combination of income from matches tv etc. and monies generated from the stated recruitment aim of bringing in and developing younger players to generate additional income
I still think that playoffs are our realistic target but I'm not holding my breath in anticipation of any real extra investment in the team over the next week and a half.
Would they turn down promotion this season no would they be particularly worried if we don't again no
I for one don't want us to get into buying promotion at all costs through debt we can't finance but would hope at some time the owners now much of their investment has gone into the necessary ground improvements using equity would starting looking at the playing side in much the same manner
Getting out of this league would certainly mean visiting less sheds like Fleetwood and Cheltenham for away games but going to those grounds shows what could have happened here without the ground improvements