Port Vale

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Port Vale

Post by Pompey55 »

I thought that Port Vale were one of the worst teams I've seen all season we totally dominated for the whole game but once again our finishing was appalling we at present lack the killer instinct to score when well on top
Was impressed overall with the new lad he showed some real quality both on the ball and passing I think he needs to adjust to the pace of the game at this level as he was caught in possession a few times once he does that I think opponents will find him hard to deal with.
Also Devlin again had a good game this time at right back he looks better every time he starts
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

NSRailings wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:27 pm We won. I want to snog everybody.
Someone's been on the razz....
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

phat_chris wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:44 pm
Maddog56 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:32 pm Back from the game. I live in Liverpool!

We totally dominated the game. Better performance than last week. We are a bit wasteful with chances, but defensively very sound. We deserved to win, and the support was excellent today! If we can get a result at Oxford I’d say the last few away games have been excellent.
Good to hear. How did Peart-Harris perform. Any stand out players?
He certainly impressed us both with his ball control and range of passing summed up by a terrific cross field pass from left to right straight to the feet of Kamara
Looks very good and is certainly an imposing figure feel he needs a few matches to adjust to the pace of the game at this level as was caught in possession a few times
As I said in another post Devlin is growing in stature every game he plays and Looks like a real bargain
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Dinksy wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:16 am
NSRailings wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:27 pm We won. I want to snog everybody.
Someone's been on the razz....
Dammit I was serious :lol:

Neil Allen's review backs up what people who attended/watched have said - could do with more goals. Not that it's a crisis. If we're able to find ways to win narrowly and go up then no real complaints. Sounds like MPH impressed while Kamara had an off day. Got to keep in mind it's his first full season at senior level.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

And getting a win with the sudden loss of a key player shows a lot of character.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

eltorrro wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:24 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:15 pm
Dinksy wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:40 pm
eltorrro wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:54 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:37 pm
eltorrro wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:07 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:02 pm
eltorrro wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:47 pm Kamara AGAIN!! Almost open goal and he fluffs it!!

Unfortunately he's going to stay with us for rest of season...sh*t!!
Caused a lot of problems again though. Just missing the last bit of composure. But he's young and playing in league one.
The ONLY problems he caused were to the detriment of his own team!!
Young? FFS, Vale brought on a 16yo!!
He won the penalty didn't he?
Oh, please!! It wasn't even a penalty..if that had been given against us we would all be up in arms. My old granny wouldn't have gone over with that push.
If Kamara is the quality of player you think we should have then God help us.
Scored a fantastic winner last week and had a poor half this week. Leicester among the sides rumoured to be enquiring for him in the current window. A young inconsistent performer who needs our encouragement more than anything.

On another note, after that disastrous Christmas, can't quite believe that we're still going to be top in February. Long may it continue!
With a fair wind I suspect Kamara will play in the top flight before Pompey do.
I'm quite prepared to wager a real pint against that happening '84. Do you accept?
Yep.