Different Approach To Transfer Window: Bolton vs Pompey

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Different Approach To Transfer Window: Bolton vs Pompey

Post by jam tomorrow »

pompeygunner wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:35 pm
jam tomorrow wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:33 pm The other fact is we got good deals with respect to Moxom and Mc Intyre with clubs desperate to sell, due to their financial circumstances
Not true in Carlisle's case, they have rich Yank owners iirc.
Regardless of owners the manager is quoted they had to sell at a reduced fee
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

McIntyre was one of the higher paid players at Reading so can understand why they wanted shot.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:10 pm
pompeygunner wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:35 pm
jam tomorrow wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:33 pm The other fact is we got good deals with respect to Moxom and Mc Intyre with clubs desperate to sell, due to their financial circumstances
Not true in Carlisle's case, they have rich Yank owners iirc.
Regardless of owners the manager is quoted they had to sell at a reduced fee
They decided it was better to get something now, rather than nothing in the summer.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

I personally think we had a fantastic window
Walnut Whip
Collins Mbesuma
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Walnut Whip »

Hi guys, can I just straighten you out on a couple of points re Wanderers. Collins was signed because he’s the kind of player we don’t have, as much a creator as a goalscorer which should help Charles especially along with our other strikers. We actually also signed on loan a young RWB Ramsey from Liverpool, Taylor a young CH from West Brom and with a view to a permanent signing Nat Ogbeta a LWB from Swansea. No fees paid for any so I assume we’ve probably spent about the same as Pompey overall. Most of these were to cover injuries with Santos our captain out injured and Gethin Jones vice captain away with Australia n the Asian cup.

We also had our main midfielder Thomason suspended, our LWB Williams out for the season and recent signing Will Forester also out injured. So to be honest we’ve had every bit as tough a time as yourselves on players missing. Thankfully in the next week or two we’ll have most of those back for the run in just a couple of long term injured missing. I still think it’s you and us for the automatics as long as we don’t slip up and to be honest I think the Champuonship is where both should be at the least. A perfect sweep would see Derby come up via the play offs because they shouldn’t be in L1 either.
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

Walnut Whip wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:56 pm Hi guys, can I just straighten you out on a couple of points re Wanderers. I still think it’s you and us for the automatics as long as we don’t slip up and to be honest I think the Champuonship is where both should be at the least. A perfect sweep would see Derby come up via the play offs because they shouldn’t be in L1 either.
Thanks for the courteous message. Wish you well - except when you're playing us of course!
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Walnut Whip
Collins Mbesuma
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Walnut Whip »

Well of course Milton but we do rather owe you one? 😉 However once that games out of the way we both need to just keep on winning and its job sorted. 👍
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Walnut Whip wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:56 pm I think the Champuonship is where both should be at the least. A perfect sweep would see Derby come up via the play offs because they shouldn’t be in L1 either.
I totally agree, Walnut, but I am sure you will agree, as a football fan, that you don't give a toss who goes up as long as it is our own team. I agree that Bolton should be in the Championship and Derby too but, I will cheer every point you both drop during the run in. It will be exciting... enjoy.