That’s your lot, no more arrivals today

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Claygate
Alan Knight
Been liked: 8 times

That’s your lot, no more arrivals today

Post by Claygate »

Neil Allen has confirmed that there will be no more new arrivals after Owen Moxon signed earlier today.

An excellent transfer window on paper. We filled the gaps we needed to i.e. an attacking midfielder / no. 10 in MPH, a box to box midfielder in Moxon, a central defender in Macintyre to replace the injured Poole, a winger / striker in Lang who can score goals and a very good back up keeper in Macey. We are hell of a lot stronger leaving this window then when we entered it.

Hats off to Cullen, Hughes and JM. Pressure now on JM to perform and achieve what we all want come the end of the season.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Re: That’s your lot, no more arrivals today

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Hats off also to the Eisners who clearly have backed them financially
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Going to be very interesting to see how the new faces fit in and play. Clean slate for them and fingers crossed they can help push us up.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

NSRailings wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:00 am Going to be very interesting to see how the new faces fit in and play. Clean slate for them and fingers crossed they can help push us up.
Agreed NSR I think there are players specifically Moxom, Lang, and McIntyre have points to prove. I would say that Moxom more than the others needs to show he has the same capabilities that made him stand out in League 2.Contributing to Carlisle being promoted his form has deteriorated since then
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Rjc365618
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Rjc365618 »

Pretty good all things considered. Lang will hopefully provide another goal scoring option where we have been lacking a bit
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

jam tomorrow wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:17 pm
NSRailings wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:00 am Going to be very interesting to see how the new faces fit in and play. Clean slate for them and fingers crossed they can help push us up.
Agreed NSR I think there are players specifically Moxom, Lang, and McIntyre have points to prove. I would say that Moxom more than the others needs to show he has the same capabilities that made him stand out in League 2.Contributing to Carlisle being promoted his form has deteriorated since then
Very true.

I hope we can recapture our good form and build on the confidence it should bring. Mousinho mentioned about playing patiently but that shouldn't mean playing slowly like we did in the Oxford first half. I think it's about moving the ball around quickly and taking the opportunities to get forward and shoot. Players need to be super fit to play like that.
Super Matt Macey in goal...