Cambridge

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Cambridge

Post by Pompey55 »

For me we should start with pretty much the same starting line up as Saturday but start Kamara instead of MPH who doesn’t seem suited to a wing position
Then if need be we have plenty of attacking options on the bench for later in the game
However according to the snooze Moushino is tempted to rest some players and rotate the squad which I think would be a mistake as we struggled at Cambridge in the reverse fixture
Also the Eisners are in town for this weeks games and we tend to perform badly when they are here
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Cambridge

Post by PakefieldBlue »

I wonder if he is considering starting Yengi to give Bishop a rest but doesn't want everyone to think that Bishop has been "dropped" - so is getting out early to talk of "rotation"?
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Pompey55 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:49 pm However according to the snooze Moushino is tempted to rest some players and rotate the squad which I think would be a mistake as we struggled at Cambridge in the reverse fixture
Maybe Saydee will get a start. JM tends to change things a little when we have a points cushion.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

NSRailings wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:10 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:49 pm However according to the snooze Moushino is tempted to rest some players and rotate the squad which I think would be a mistake as we struggled at Cambridge in the reverse fixture
Maybe Saydee will get a start. JM tends to change things a little when we have a points cushion.
Really can’t see Saydee starting it’s become apparent to most that he’s not a goal scoring 9 but pretty much an impact player alongside another striker
Also he never even made the bench on Saturday
And changing things too much when you have a points cushion in my view is a recipe for losing that cushion pretty quickly
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

I think that Mousinho has the amount of the time that certain players, particularly those coming back from long term injury, have been playing recently. 'Loading'

Lowery and Oglivie for example have both returned from long term injury and are key players in the starting eleven over the last third of the season and both have been playing every game recently and Mousinho may be thinking that a Sat-Tue-Sat in February - following a 700m round trip to Carlisle and with the ground quite heavy from rain - is creating too high risk and that the quality of the squad can allow some rotation and management of minutes to mitigate this.

MPH is another player that is getting regular first team football in his career for the first time and might benefit from some management of 'loading'.

I wouldn't be surprised to see:

Norris,
Rafferty, Raggett, Shaughnessy, Oglivie,
Pack, MPH,
Kamara, Lang, Lane
Bishop

Subs: Macey, Sparkes, Towler, Moxon, Yengi, Saydee, Lowery

subs: I would plan on Moxon for Pack or MPH, Yengi for Bishop, Saydee for Lane or Lang and Sparkes for Oglivie all around 65-70min mark.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

I cant see JM changing the defence but if he does Towler for Raggs, and Macey for Norris but defences are best kept stable and unchanged. In midfield maybe Pack will be rested and Lowery, and Moxon in, Kamara for MPH I think he keeps Lane and Lang with Yengi replacing Bish, all will be revealed?
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:09 am I think that Mousinho has the amount of the time that certain players, particularly those coming back from long term injury, have been playing recently. 'Loading'

Lowery and Oglivie for example have both returned from long term injury and are key players in the starting eleven over the last third of the season and both have been playing every game recently and Mousinho may be thinking that a Sat-Tue-Sat in February - following a 700m round trip to Carlisle and with the ground quite heavy from rain - is creating too high risk and that the quality of the squad can allow some rotation and management of minutes to mitigate this.

MPH is another player that is getting regular first team football in his career for the first time and might benefit from some management of 'loading'.

I wouldn't be surprised to see:

Norris,
Rafferty, Raggett, Shaughnessy, Oglivie,
Pack, MPH,
Kamara, Lang, Lane
Bishop

Subs: Macey, Sparkes, Towler, Moxon, Yengi, Saydee, Lowery

subs: I would plan on Moxon for Pack or MPH, Yengi for Bishop, Saydee for Lane or Lang and Sparkes for Oglivie all around 65-70min mark.
I really can’t see MPH and Lang both playing midfield if anything it’s 2 from 3 Pack Lowery and Moxon
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I think we start with the same team, with the exception of Kamara for MPH.

Suspect we will see some changes in midfield at half time / around the 60 minute mark.

I think we will see Scully or Whyte on the bench tonight so we can give them some minutes and rest the wingers and Lang / one of the central midfield two by playing Moxon deeper.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Kamara, Lang and Lane are the three behind Bishop. Lang in that formation could play as a false 9 or drift into space wherever it appears so that he can link midfield and attack.

Cambridge play the same formation as pompey normally (4-2-3-1) so the space will be in the wide areas rather than centrally.
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

Personally, I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Macey in goal tonight - to give him some game time and challenge Norris.
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

When I see the word Cambridge I immediately think of Boat Races. It used to be a big thing. I remember when my Brother won a scholarship to Oxford, my Father said very seriously, `Well done but i shall not change my support in the Boat Race, I have always supported Cambridge`
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:01 am I think we start with the same team, with the exception of Kamara for MPH.

Suspect we will see some changes in midfield at half time / around the 60 minute mark.

I think we will see Scully or Whyte on the bench tonight so we can give them some minutes and rest the wingers and Lang / one of the central midfield two by playing Moxon deeper.
I'd agree that perhaps Scully could be on the bench as he does need minutes but unless we have a terrible run of more injuries I very much doubt that we will see Whyte again this season as he has had numerous chances and blown most of them.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I very much doubt that we will see Whyte again this season as he has had numerous chances and blown most of them. (quote 55)

Apart from the assist against Bolton
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:44 am I very much doubt that we will see Whyte again this season as he has had numerous chances and blown most of them. (quote 55)

Does that not constitute "most" of them?
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:45 am
BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:44 am I very much doubt that we will see Whyte again this season as he has had numerous chances and blown most of them. (quote 55)

Does that not constitute "most" of them?
Credit where credit is due,

Did you eat a dictionary for breakfast?